it still sickens me!

WATPWATP

2 hours ago, WATPWATP said:

not unbeaten but not losing to shite,aye,there's a big difference there,stop making shit up 

Why? It’s only shite in the league, so if you’re not expecting us to be unbeaten then surely you should expect a lose against these shitty teams? 

8 hours ago, Hutton2008 said:

Pretty sure the bead rattlers, HIVs, the sheep could draw up a similar list and rue poor results and performances. Jambos will probably think they’d still be top if they never had an injury crisis.... moot point

Totally agree. What it dies mean if any one team can go on a winning run they can pull away. It is most likely to be the tarriers or us. Let's hope it is us. Tarriers won league with 82 points last season. Lowest ever so an opportunity missed. If they drop the same number of points this season and we aren't above them I'll be gutted. 

9 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

We are on course for a similar points return compared to last year. Was not acceptable then and is not now. But people for some reason refuse to admit this! 

Success in Europe has been a huge saving grace for Gerrard so far.  Also, his reputation in the game means he'll get longer to prove himself the same thing happened with McCoist.  

I've not decided on Gerrard either way to be honest.  I think this month and the January window will tell us a lot.  

21 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

People spout this line about others going overboard over defeats yet they do the same in the opposite direction!

This whole go unbeaten, always drop points is clearly not what has been suggested on here. Its such a moot point!

The difference here is we've dropped points in seven games already. In 11/12 we dropped points in 12 games over the season which included the adminstration situation. This season we will 100% drop more points than that year. Which was under a hopeless manager and bad circumstances.

So why is it acceptable this season?  

I understand we had more quality back then but the league was stronger and some shit players featured regularly that year for us.

We are on course for a similar points return compared to last year. Was not acceptable then and is not now. But people for some reason refuse to admit this! 

at last,thank you!

10 minutes ago, TMB said:

Success in Europe has been a huge saving grace for Gerrard so far.  Also, his reputation in the game means he'll get longer to prove himself the same thing happened with McCoist.  

I've not decided on Gerrard either way to be honest.  I think this month and the January window will tell us a lot.  

me too mate, hope for our sakes he starts producing. last thing we need is yet another turn around. to be honest all I've wanted since Walter leaving was an actual proper time served manager at the helm,I'm astonished we've not had one in in all that time. but hey we have Gerrard now and have to get behind him.

but if he fails them please please get a proper man in! no more fuckin rookie gambles ffs.

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

People spout this line about others going overboard over defeats yet they do the same in the opposite direction!

This whole go unbeaten, always drop points is clearly not what has been suggested on here. Its such a moot point!

The difference here is we've dropped points in seven games already. In 11/12 we dropped points in 12 games over the season which included the adminstration situation. This season we will 100% drop more points than that year. Which was under a hopeless manager and bad circumstances.

I understand we had more quality back then but the league was stronger and some shit players featured regularly that year for us.

Not one person is saying it is acceptable... We are just not getting ourselves overexcited considering the season won't be over until it's over.  We are in Europa this season which wasn't happening last season.  Calm yourself!!!  Genuinely.  Good grief.  

4 hours ago, TMB said:

It's arguable that the success in Europe has a direct correlation with quite a few of those dropped points.

I honestly think if we had been knocked out in the qualifiers, we would be maybe 5-7 points better off in the league.  Playing Thursday, Sunday football constantly, with a tea without a lot of good players is going to take its toll.

The question is would you rather be one win away from the group stages, or a little bit better off in the league?  We could be sitting 5 points clear at the top and still finish with nothing, and then not have those European memories from this year.

While winning the league is what we all want. The longer we are in Europe, the more money we make, the better quality player we can bring in.

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

It's arguable that the success in Europe has a direct correlation with quite a few of those dropped points.

I honestly think if we had been knocked out in the qualifiers, we would be maybe 5-7 points better off in the league.  Playing Thursday, Sunday football constantly, with a tea without a lot of good players is going to take its toll.

The question is would you rather be one win away from the group stages, or a little bit better off in the league?  We could be sitting 5 points clear at the top and still finish with nothing, and then not have those European memories from this year.

While winning the league is what we all want. The longer we are in Europe, the more money we make, the better quality player we can bring in.

You need to stop that. Too sensible a post mate. 

4 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Whether we like the European run or not we have to factor in that this season we have it and in 2011/12 we didn't and it was an important factor as to why we went 15 games unbeaten at the start of that season. This season we've played 32 games and in 11/12 we'd have played 21 games by the time we hit 16 games in the league.

We also at the time still had a team full of league winners up until the point we are at just now (16 games). I know you've acknowledged it but we had Jelavic, Naismith (at his peak), Davis, McGregor, Whittaker, Lafferty, McCulloch, Edu & Papac. The core of a team who were not just talented but were winners who had numerous medals between them.

Now none of this excuses last minute equalisers at pittodrie or fir park nor does it excuse that shambles on Sunday. However, the comparison to 11/12 season isn't the best. That team were coming off the crest of a wave from the season before which continued on in the league but not anywhere else. That was an established title winning side which this side is not.

In the 1st 16 games of that season they picked 39 points in the 22 following it they picked up 43. The latter is roughly the average amount of points we have just now so you're probably right. Though there is nothing to show us yet that this team without a european distraction (like in the first half of 11/12) won't be able to pick up the same points as that team did in the first half of the season out with the experience of that 2011 side.