Compliance officer

Domthenbud

2 hours ago, cushynumber said:

this new compliance officer has a legal background as I recall. My impression is that she is there to make sure the process is followed to the letter according to the rules laid down, and thats about it.

Pretty sure she left her position at the terriers law firm harper McLoud to take up this role. 

Compliance Officer very unlikely to have much by way of jurisdiction when it comes to issues the ref dealt with on the field. 

I’d imagine only to be changed if there’s something material the ref didn’t see, or if the decision was outwith the reasonable options available to the referee.

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

What are the chances of an out and out bear being Compliance officer this century ?

It'll come right after Liewell admits there was never any tour of Japan planned, the SFA chuck the scum out of the game as punishment for the paedo ring, and referees give us parity.

Don't hold your breath.

2 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

Doesn't fit the conspiracy theory I'm affraid.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Thanks Clare.

Haha I’m two for two in the replies I thought that would get. She was far from my favourite person so I’m not taking any pleasure in saying that. Still very surprised she got the gig

9 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Compliance officer, Clare Whyte............   this is no a job for a woman, end of story.   Why can the compliance office not be a retired ref or better a three MAN panel.  Probably cant even sack her or she'll scream 'sexual abuse'. 

It'll be fine, Liewells will bury the allegations.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/291575/Ditch-the-lawyers-says-Aluko

Great article, surely as compliance officers they would be trained in the laws of the game with extended interpretation. However if they don't have a footballing background i really can't understand how they can apply this without any kind of bias towards a team they may support. Also if the role is to exist and to be used, based on the current employee in the role, the nationality would be irrelevant so why not go for someone from the US, Australia, England etc they has no perceived bias or supporter of any Scottish club. This would allow for fairer governance within the role. 

2 hours ago, ThenNowForever said:

I knew her as a PF and as much as I didn’t think she was up to much as a Fiscal I would be surprised if she was biased against us in fairness to her. 

I realise you are new on here so you you could be a infiltrator .

Percentage wise 

Give is your opinion of how many taigs are in top positions .

10 hours ago, Domthenbud said:

WTF is the point of the compliance officer. She was considering increasing the punishment of Ryan Porteos for his tackle on Coulibaly. However Thompson has stated, to her,  that he felt the yellow card was ok and she has accepted this, presumably, without consultation. This thread is not about was it a yellow or red but more about how the compliance officer makes a decision. I was under the impression there was a committee. Or was Thompson the committee.

I was of the understanding that the role of compliance officer was to  have the ability to retrospectively fix things where the referee misses something or gets it very wrong during a game.  If the compliance officer role is to have the confidence of the clubs, when making refs answerable, then the process needs to be more transparent, with clear rules and a report on how each case is processed. 

back in the day, that is a yellow and nothing more is. It was definitely a bad and high tackle but that was common occurrence in the 60's, 70's and 80's. We have become soft and moaning gits. I do believe there is an agenda against our club but not at every tackle.

13 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

back in the day, that is a yellow and nothing more is. It was definitely a bad and high tackle but that was common occurrence in the 60's, 70's and 80's. We have become soft and moaning gits. I do believe there is an agenda against our club but not at every tackle.

I think it was a yellow to, but that he should have already have been on one. 

No point comparing them to 30 years ago as football has changed for the worse, even since the days of Thomson, Ferguson etc. 

I don't think the refs have an agenda against us, but think they are less scrutinised in the media/ social media if they give a wrong decision for us than against us, which might play in their mind during games. 

Edit: and the refs in Scotland are just shit, even in games not involving us. 

6 hours ago, Rum Ham said:

I think it was a yellow to, but that he should have already have been on one. 

No point comparing them to 30 years ago as football has changed for the worse, even since the days of Thomson, Ferguson etc. 

I don't think the refs have an agenda against us, but think they are less scrutinised in the media/ social media if they give a wrong decision for us than against us, which might play in their mind during games. 

Edit: and the refs in Scotland are just shit, even in games not involving us. 

That in itself causes bias to a degree though even if it’s unintentional from the refs from the outset. If they know that a bad call against the taigs would get them ruthlessly scrutinised by the media etc then they will obviously mindfully be more cautious in their decision making, with us and no media reprisals they don’t give a fuck. Still boils down to us getting more contentious decisions against us and that’s become more and more obvious the past few seasons.