Compliance officer

Domthenbud

WTF is the point of the compliance officer. She was considering increasing the punishment of Ryan Porteos for his tackle on Coulibaly. However Thompson has stated, to her,  that he felt the yellow card was ok and she has accepted this, presumably, without consultation. This thread is not about was it a yellow or red but more about how the compliance officer makes a decision. I was under the impression there was a committee. Or was Thompson the committee.

3 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

To be fair if the ref says he’s seen it and stands by his decision I don’t think she should be able to overrule him, it wold completely undermine the role of referees.

Whats far more concerning is even after seeing it again Thompson still thinks it’s only a yellow, and that’s from someone who is supposedly one of Scotland’s top refs, the standard of refereeing in Scottish football is a disgrace and this proves it.

I agree with you re should have been red. However surely refs are undermined in many cases eg where reds are rescinded. I thought a lot of the remit of the compliance officer was to do with what he got wrong and not just what he missed which is an easy and oft used excuse.

1 hour ago, Bristol loyal said:

To be fair if the ref says he’s seen it and stands by his decision I don’t think she should be able to overrule him, it wold completely undermine the role of referees.

Whats far more concerning is even after seeing it again Thompson still thinks it’s only a yellow, and that’s from someone who is supposedly one of Scotland’s top refs, the standard of refereeing in Scottish football is a disgrace and this proves it.

I can understand your way of thinking and makes you wonder why we even bother with a CO . 

Your spot on with your second point . Most , if not everyone thinks it a red - even Lennon acknowledged he was lucky . You have to ask yourself , were they all wrong and thomson right ? Because that seems to be the thinking behind the CO's reasoning . 

9 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

this new compliance officer has a legal background as I recall. My impression is that she is there to make sure the process is followed to the letter according to the rules laid down, and thats about it.

If that is correct then who gave her the nod to investigate the Porteos tackle and why is Thompson allowed to determine his own position.

1 minute ago, Domthenbud said:

If that is correct then who gave her the nod to investigate the Porteos tackle and why is Thompson allowed to determine his own position.

well if the tackle is that bad, then the rules have not been followed correctly by the ref. She can then adjust the decision/punishment accordingly. But I assume the first thing she does is ask the ref what he was thinking. And if she is convinced by the argument, then does nothing

The next red we will be talking about , are the ones we get if the game is tight at Perth

Or when we get a man sent off against HIVS and the Scum if we are on top in these games .

Count on it

I think we will have at least 2 red cars in the next 3 games

And at least 2 penalties given against us

If we are better than brilliant in any game . We may avoid this

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

this new compliance officer has a legal background as I recall. My impression is that she is there to make sure the process is followed to the letter according to the rules laid down, and thats about it.

I know someone who worked alongside her as you say in the legal profession, and her and her husband are 2 of the biggest tims you could ever meet😫

6 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

I know someone who worked alongside her as you say in the legal profession, and her and her husband are 2 of the biggest tims you could ever meet😫

It’s the first line on the Job Description, therefore she is an ideal candidate in the eyes of the SFA.

18 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

I say it long and hard mate . the legal profession is full of taigs . Especially all the high positions at the PF

PF Equals  GCC Equals  South and NORTH Lanarkshire Councils Equals .HMRC buildings .