Full Support for Gerrard

RockwellGers

18 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

look im not going to summarise every point made tonight.

Alright I will.

• gerrard is just in the door
  •  he has had 1 transfer window (both these points in comparison to Brenda , McInnes, TLB, even Clarke)
  • he had literally an entire squad to replace
  • despite this he got us into the group stages in the europe league
  • he brought in £15m
  • we are still 2nd in the league

it is a phenomenal achievement. If you can't or won't recognise that then more fool you and everybody else.

Cushy, i usually see your point but personally i think your way off on this one.

His buys have been pish,

his tactical decisions are woeful at best,

he obviously has zero faith in his bench,

We basically got worse in europe from the first game and when a win was needed we mustered 2 shots on target,

It never has been or never should be accepted that a Rangers team shouldnt hold themselves with a superior attitude to other teams. We should be better than every other team and its up to us to duke it out each season wae the tarriers to see whos best but Gerrard is proving to be a diet warburton, full of chat about how performances are not acceptable etc but yet again we misfire at home against shite. 

We get pumped on saturday then the baws burst, he got a free ride with his first game, time to start earning his corn and do something to stop the malaise in the team 

1 minute ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Cushy, i usually see your point but personally i think your way off on this one.

His buys have been pish,

We basically got worse in europe from the first game and when a win was needed we mustered 2 shots on target,

It never has been or never should be accepted that a Rangers team shouldnt hold themselves with a superior attitude to other teams. We should be better than every other team and its up to us to duke it out each season wae the tarriers to see whos best but Gerrard is proving to be a diet warburton, full of chat about how performances are not acceptable etc but yet again we misfire at home against shite. 

We get pumped on saturday then the baws burst, he got a free ride with his first game, time to start earning his corn and do something to stop the malaise in the team 

he can only do that come january

Just now, cushynumber said:

he can only do that come january

He should have done it well before now imo.

The hokey cokey wae worral (who wont be here next season and to be honest isnt any great shakes) katic (who was his big pal at the start of the season) and goldson (who looks more and more like a show pony as the season goes on) hasnt helped his reputation as this cutting edge coach, it more comes across as hes one dimensional and if plan A doesnt work then thats that idea fucked (a'la warburton)

1 minute ago, Gascoigne8 said:

He should have done it well before now imo.

The hokey cokey wae worral (who wont be here next season and to be honest isnt any great shakes) katic (who was his big pal at the start of the season) and goldson (who looks more and more like a show pony as the season goes on) hasnt helped his reputation as this cutting edge coach, it more comes across as hes one dimensional and if plan A doesnt work then thats that idea fucked (a'la warburton)

there called transfer windows for a reason mate

Just now, cushynumber said:

there called transfer windows for a reason mate

His first window didnt throw up any gems and as sure as fuck no cunt is taking any of the duds we are looking to punt. 

Sound mate, cheers for the replies. Im heading to my bed, genuinely disgusted after today.

Keep on seeing people refer to the players brought in as Gerrard's signings.

Have mentioned it a few times, but what's the score with Allen's involvement in who we've brought in? I'm assuming Gerrard will obviously have the final say and wouldn't allow a player to be brought in that he didn't want.

What we can't ignore is that the last window , because we needed wholesale changes , it was more about quantity signings at the expense of quality . 

Theres a nucleus of a team there now . I'd like to think in future transfer windows , what money that is available , will be spent on a few quality signings . An attacking midfielder and a CH being a priority . 

I trust in him so much.

Before the season began nobody gave us a cats chance but strangely enough we are not out of it yet.

we will win this before 10 in a row and that will do me for starters.

We have came through so much but I think Stevie is the man to take us to the next level but we can only play it softly softly catch the  monkey as we do not have the money to do it in only one window.

Considering how much money they have and where we are now we are not all that far behind.

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Have mentioned it a few times, but what's the score with Allen's involvement in who we've brought in? I'm assuming Gerrard will obviously have the final say and wouldn't allow a player to be brought in that he didn't want.

Allen had already begun the process of bringing McGregor and Arfield to Rangers prior to Gerrard signing.  When the Gerrard appointment happened it was said that these two deals were ran past Gerrard and still okay to go ahead.  Also, after Katic signed Allen said this was evidence that the scouting system was working - A scouting system he put in place prior to the Gerrard appointment.  Allen certainly has an involvement but he's our DoF and I would expect that to be the case.

13 minutes ago, Allyup said:

I trust in him so much.

Before the season began nobody gave us a cats chance but strangely enough we are not out of it yet.

we will win this before 10 in a row and that will do me for starters.

We have came through so much but I think Stevie is the man to take us to the next level but we can only play it softly softly catch the  monkey as we do not have the money to do it in only one window.

Considering how much money they have and where we are now we are not all that far behind.

Agree with this. Stevie's still the man for now. Though, we definitely need to spend on another quality forward to add goals to Morelos's quantity. Kyle's been so unfortunate of late as his efforts deserved to hit the back of the net except for some exceptional opposition goalkeeping and a slice of bad fortune but we really need to add goals and I'm sure Stevie will have recognised the obvious problem.

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

More often than not the DOF gets forgotten either way, if the signings go well the manger is praised and if they're poor he takes the criticism. 

Regardless of who gets the final say, they need to actually sign a couple players who can improve the first eleven.

7 hours ago, Goianegra said:

People were ridiculing Klopp a few months into his reign at Liverpool. Some calling for him to be sacked. Look at him now? Was given a bit of time and he has Liverpool 6 points clear half way through the season. A job like ours was never going to be a quick fix. 

Look at him now, still not won a trophy

We’ll get there, and he will take us there. From the start of the season it’s been clear we might have to take our licks in December, the way the month has played out with injuries in particular, that has become even more so the case. 

I have faith we’ll pull it together and make sure no matter what we don’t lose on Saturday. I don’t think for a second we’ll win. We won’t. But i don’t think we’ll lose, and from there we can add to the squad in january from a not disastrous position, with probably the worst spell we’ll have this season behind us. 

Totally off topic, but at the end of the day I would still rather be supporting a losing Rangers than a winning celtic. In all seriousness, what decent father or mother would take their beloved children along to that House of Horrors?, or encourage them to support a club who clearly condones, approves, and covers up the molestation of kids and minors? Fuck sake eh, it's Rangers for me any day of the week. With regards to the playing side of things, we will get there. We are a work in progress, both on and off the park, after the last 6 years of absolute Hell, i do believe that we are finally heading in the right direction, but it will still take time. There is still going to be bumps along the way. I will judge Gerrard and the team at the end of the season.

50 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Totally off topic, but at the end of the day I would still rather be supporting a losing Rangers than a winning celtic. In all seriousness, what decent father or mother would take their beloved children along to that House of Horrors?, or encourage them to support a club who clearly condones, approves, and covers up the molestation of kids and minors? Fuck sake eh, it's Rangers for me any day of the week. With regards to the playing side of things, we will get there. We are a work in progress, both on and off the park, after the last 6 years of absolute Hell, i do believe that we are finally heading in the right direction, but it will still take time. There is still going to be bumps along the way. I will judge Gerrard and the team at the end of the season.

See to be perfectly honest mate, at the end of the day

It's night. 

10 hours ago, Gascoigne8 said:

His buys have been pish,

To be a Rangers manager you have to be beating these mhanky bastards if you cant you should not be here