Full Support for Gerrard

RockwellGers

The guy has my backing for now. Gets the next 2 windows,but if things go bad then the time could be well on their way to 9iar.

As a club we have to get this right and stop signing players hoping they’ll be good enough. I want to see atleast 3 signings made that will massively improve our 1st 11 this January.

no more ejarias, hyndmans and worrals.  We need quality winners pronto.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

We haven't really improved but to be expected as Gerrard is learning the management game as he goes.

You could argue that results would be better if we weren't in Europe; but would they? There's no guarantee they would be. 

People say things like "a blind man could see we've improved" but I still see a team devoid of ideas. Unable to break down cannon fodder and resorting to hopeful crosses into the box. I do understand that the lack of midfield almost forces us into this tactic right now.

1 minute ago, OhW said:

You could argue that results would be better if we weren't in Europe; but would they? There's no guarantee they would be. 

People say things like "a blind man could see we've improved" but I still see a team devoid of ideas. Unable to break down cannon fodder and resorting to hopeful crosses into the box. I do understand that the lack of midfield almost forces us into this tactic right now.

We are pretty shite and horrible to watch its like groundhog day picking the same formation every week when we can all see its not working.

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

We are pretty shite and horrible to watch its like groundhog day picking the same formation every week when we can all see its not working.

The entire attitude is all wrong, it is one of hope not expectation, a poor starting position.

14 hours ago, bornabear said:

I will also guarantee that should SG be here in 18 months time, not one of the players on our books at present will be.

I have to say the guy has guts, he could have stayed at Liverpool coaching the kids, but he chose us and what a fucking challenge it's turned out to be.

That’s a stupid guarantee considering he’s just gave 1 of the players a new contract and we still have many we won’t be able to get rid of.

15 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

This, too many especially on here got carried away when we went top.  January transfer window is always difficult but hopefully, he can sort out our lack of creativity in the summer window.  Needs to address why we lose goals in the last 10 minutes of games plus he needs to get with his backroom team and try to understand why we get so many hamstring and groin type injuries, we seem to get more than other teams. 

Good post - I just sorta disagree with the bit about injuries - all teams are carrying a few players out due to injuries and our players have played a lot more games in a short space of time - what we lack to deal with so many games is quality in depth in the squad to deal with that and it shows (Imagine if Morelos was out for a few weeks - bad enough when he missed games due to suspension).

He’s had one window, he’s obviously had a very limited budget to play with which isn’t going to buy a Jelavic or a Gough.

The players he had bought coupled with those he inherited I’d suggest are already punching above their weight, meaning there is only so much he can do with them.I doubt any manager would get much moreout of them.

But like everyone else comments on, tactics and subs can be frustrating, but as for those on the bench, when did we last see someone coming on actually able to make an impact?

I do feel sorry for Gerrard; a brave experiment but he is restricted by the baggage created by whoever brought in Pedro and sanctioned the fees and especially the unbelievable wages and no doubts backhanders  for his duds.

This has and will limit Gerrard on transfer targets for some time. I think he should also have brought in an assistant with a succesful record as manager or assistant manager which might prevent some of the baffling changes he makes.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Done it with Warburton and Caixinha 

and look at the mess Stevie inherited. 

Where is the money coming from??

Who is replacing him??

What happens if that guy isn’t in front of the scum come next Christmas do we sack him?? 

Hardly anyone on here thought we could win the league this season or even get to the group stages of the EL. 

But suddenly it’s sack the manager. 

Eventually we have to stick with someone and give them time or we are just going to end up another mid table club. 

1 hour ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

He’s had one window, he’s obviously had a very limited budget to play with which isn’t going to buy a Jelavic or a Gough.

The players he had bought coupled with those he inherited I’d suggest are already punching above their weight, meaning there is only so much he can do with them.I doubt any manager would get much moreout of them.

But like everyone else comments on, tactics and subs can be frustrating, but as for those on the bench, when did we last see someone coming on actually able to make an impact?

Laff at St Johnstone. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

and look at the mess Stevie inherited. 

Where is the money coming from??

Who is replacing him??

What happens if that guy isn’t in front of the scum come next Christmas do we sack him?? 

Hardly anyone on here thought we could win the league this season or even get to the group stages of the EL. 

But suddenly it’s sack the manager. 

Eventually we have to stick with someone and give them time or we are just going to end up another mid table club. 

Caixinha inherited a mess

Same place it came from when it was needed for Caixinha and Warburton

Not my job, and I’ve not said we should sack him 

Nobody expected us to get as easy as run as we did either, and honestly, we bottled qualifying from the group, good achievement getting there though.

Depends on how good we do

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Caixinha inherited a mess

Same place it came from when it was needed for Caixinha and Warburton

Not my job, and I’ve not said we should sack him 

Nobody expected us to get as easy as run as we did either, and honestly, we bottled qualifying from the group, good achievement getting there though.

Depends on how good we do

Caixinha inherited a poor squad not a total mess and proceeded to make a complete clusterfuck. 

Oh so we have a bottomless pit of money to just sack managers and rebuild squads every 6 months, wonder why we are up to our eyes in debt. 

So you want him to stay. 👍

Wondered when the easy run would come up, the general consensus was we wouldn’t beat any team in Europe no matter how good or bad they were. 

So what’s the bench mark for how good?? What time scale does he get??

Can't put a side out that beats the other lot.   Can't put a side out that beats Aberdeen.   Can't put a side out that beats Hibs.   Can't put a side out that wins very winnable games against some of the other opposition.   The more that continues, the harder it will be for SG to even remotely think about winning a league title.    The majority of the players are nowhere near good enough when wearing a Rangers jersey.  And the Board is nowhere near able enough to generate a whole lot more cash to improve on these players.   Result is a diet of speculation by the Club of what might have been and what might be possible...………….if only more time can be given.

Are those running the Club ambitious enough?  Are they really straining every financial sinew and busting every financial gut to generate enough money to get a vastly better quality of player into the first team squad?   Do the players really believe - I mean really believe - that they can win a league title ………..or have they settled for accepting they are not going to do so and that the run in Europe was success enough for this season?  

The thing is with SG, he is totally insulated from any threat to remove him other than if the most disastrous sets of results were to lead us into the lower half of the table (not necessarily unthinkable if Morelos was sold and the goals dried up).   He will be given time, and dribs and drabs of cash to spend, to try to build a properly competitive title challenging side.   Chances are the only person who will be deciding how long SG stays at Rangers is SG himself.     With that being the case there is no alternative but to back him and hope that he can eventually produce a decent title-winning side in due course.  

Just think if we get to 150 years and no title before then and no title in that year?  I think very real heat would be felt by the Chairman, the Board, and the Manager at that time......and its only a few years away.    Imagine the pressure to win the league title in that year if the other lot have won it continuously up to that season?    Which of the current players could produce winning form under that sort of pressure?  And who'd want to be the Manager in that season if it produced yet another damp squib of a season?     Far better to have invested the effort and money into winning the next title before then.  Far better.   But that won't happen unless SG and the players get far more of a grip on games and turn careless losses and draws into wins.   

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Caixinha inherited a poor squad not a total mess and proceeded to make a complete clusterfuck. 

Oh so we have a bottomless pit of money to just sack managers and rebuild squads every 6 months, wonder why we are up to our eyes in debt. 

So you want him to stay. 👍

Wondered when the easy run would come up, the general consensus was we wouldn’t beat any team in Europe no matter how good or bad they were. 

So what’s the bench mark for how good?? What time scale does he get??

It was a mess, and he made it worse.

Been more than a year since we sacked one.

Just now, preferably.

It’s true though, don’t think anybody expected us to get that lucky in terms of teams.

Nobody gets a set amount of time, ridiculous if they do imo, could have us 4/5th but get away with it because of it. 

10 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It was a mess, and he made it worse.

Been more than a year since we sacked one.

Just now, preferably.

It’s true though, don’t think anybody expected us to get that lucky in terms of teams.

Nobody gets a set amount of time, ridiculous if they do imo, could have us 4/5th but get away with it because of it. 

He needs at least another 3 windows before he can be judged properly. 

Simple fact is we don’t have the money to do it any quicker.