Greg Docherty report

I was at Sunderland v Shrewsbury today (obviously I was at the wrong game) and our midfielder Greg Docherty was playing for the away side.

He plays number 8 and put in a full shift, made a couple of good chances, took corners and free kicks, got booked for a tackle, was booed for throwing the ball away (to hold up play so helping his side) and at the end of the match went round and shook the hands of his team mates having gained a valuable point away from home.

Looked a good player and should be much better when playing in a better team.

On 30/12/2018 at 15:36, GetToTheChoppa said:

Didn't clap the away fans at full time according to a report. Had he done that he'd be the full package.

they were all down there at the end.  The away fans were on the upper tier (a bit like if we put them on the club deck) so the Shrewsbury players could not get very close.

On 01/01/2019 at 16:39, plumbGER said:

The type of handshake is vitally important if he has to get a chance here imo

My father was a Freemason and although he invited my sister's septic supporting hubby to join the lodge I never was invited being a long hared hippy guitar playing type.

4 hours ago, IanFerguson2013 said:

My father was a Freemason and although he invited my sister's septic supporting hubby to join the lodge I never was invited being a long hared hippy guitar playing type.

FFS you couldn't get into my lodge unless you were a 'long hared hippy guitar playing type', which most folks in those days were but the final test stumped a lot of people when they had to spell 'hair'.