McCrorie

Vision

I think he would be alright as part of a 3 but don't think he has the positional game to be one of two centre backs.  He sometimes goes chasing the ball when a natural centre back would hold their position to avoid leaving space in behind.

Just now, Vision said:

What areas do you not think he's good enough.

I think he just struggles at CB in general. He's far better in his defensive midfield role. Although some of his CB performances last season weren't particularly his fault considering his CB partners and the fact he was being relied upon too much.

5 minutes ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

I think he just struggles at CB in general. He's far better in his defensive midfield role. Although some of his CB performances last season weren't particularly his fault considering his CB partners and the fact he was being relied upon too much.

Think he's getting coached a lot better from last year, he's reading the game a lot better and not diving in as much.

6 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Naw. He’s a CDM all day long but he can’t play in games where we will have 60-70% possession. He isn’t good enough on the ball yet. 

This.

And bringing him & Davis on helped suck a lot of energy and forward movement out of the team.

17 minutes ago, Vision said:

Think that was more down to Kent and Candeias going off.

And Arfield - that change started it.

Davis ran around a lot to start with, then reverted to type, with 70% of his passes going sideways or backwards.

First pick midfield is definitely Arfield, Kamara & Jack.

Special mention for Jack - now looks like the player we thought we had bought!

I wouldn't have McCrorie anywhere near that CB position.  His performance during that 4-0 Scottish Cup defeat last season was horrific.  I think Gerrard made the comment “If you toss them into huge Old Firm derbies out of position, there is a risk you can damage people and scar them".  So it sounds like Gerrard doesn't think he's a CB either.

In terms of midfield McCrorie breaks up play well but lacks ability on the ball.  Kamara, on the other hand, is very good with the ball at his feet and that's what a team expecting to dominate possession needs.  Arfield, Jack, and Kamara are our strongest midfield three at the moment.  I'd get rid of Coulibaly and Davis in the summer and try to bring in another central midfielder like Arfield who can get beyond the strikers and score goals.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

I wouldn't have McCrorie anywhere near that CB position.  His performance during that 4-0 Scottish Cup defeat last season was horrific.  I think Gerrard made the comment “If you toss them into huge Old Firm derbies out of position, there is a risk you can damage people and scar them".  So it sounds like Gerrard doesn't think he's a CB either.

In terms of midfield McCrorie breaks up play well but lacks ability on the ball.  Kamara, on the other hand, is very good with the ball at his feet and that's what a team who expects to dominate possession needs.  Arfield, Jack, and Kamara are our strongest midfield three at the moment.  I'd get rid of Coulibaly and Davis in the summer and try to bring in another central midfielder like Arfield who can get beyond the strikers and score goals.

I agree with you but I wish I didn’t because the way you put your point across is wanky

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

In terms of midfield McCrorie breaks up play well but lacks ability on the ball.  Kamara, on the other hand, is very good with the ball at his feet and that's what a team expecting to dominate possession needs.  Arfield, Jack, and Kamara are our strongest midfield three at the moment.  I'd get rid of Coulibaly and Davis in the summer and try to bring in another central midfielder like Arfield who can get beyond the strikers and score goals.

Spot on👍

Sounds harsh as fuck but I really don't think he is good enough at all to make any position his own at the minute. He is good in games that are a battle but when we need a bit more creativity against teams defending in numbers he is no use. Hopefully he continues to learn and improve and has a bright future but I think he's vastly over rated on here. He's a good pro and willing learner so i'm sure he will kick on under Gerrards guidance.

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

I wouldn't have McCrorie anywhere near that CB position.  His performance during that 4-0 Scottish Cup defeat last season was horrific.  I think Gerrard made the comment "“If you toss them into huge Old Firm derbies out of position, there is a risk you can damage people and scar them".  So it sounds like Gerrard doesn't think he's a CB either.

In terms of midfield McCrorie breaks up play well but lacks ability on the ball.  Kamara, on the other hand, is very good with the ball at his feet and that's what a team who expects to dominate possession needs.  Arfield, Jack, and Kamara are our strongest midfield three at the moment.  I'd get rid of Coulibaly and Davis in the summer and try to bring in another central midfielder like Arfield who can get beyond the strikers and score goals.

And lets remember who he partnered that day! that's right Russel fuckin Martin.

Meanwhile sitting on the bench was Bruno Alves.

The young boy is versatile and has huge potential. I think he's perfect for games when we need some extra steel in midfield and reckon alongside Goldson he can develop as a CB as well but will have mistakes in him so shouldnt be risked in that position against the better sides yet.

I'd like him in there against the scum and the sheep where we want to win the fight, but Kamaras form atm makes him impossible to leave out.

He'll have his say when other players form dips.  Quality option and still young.