substitutions

bluenoz

5 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

The only sub that would have made any sense was Morelos for Defoe purely on the basis that Morelos was on a yellow, had made a couple of fouls & Clancy would have loved to send him off.

The problem being that we weren't creating enough for Defoe to be as effective so it made sense to have Morelos doing the running up top.

Totally agree with all of that. 

1 minute ago, Smile said:

A manager has to make brave decisions today Gerrard did nothing.

I'm all honesty though, who do you think he could've brought on who could've changed the game today? There's an argument that Jack should've been subbed but Gerrard just recently said he was one of the players "who I trust" in a press conference. 

2 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I'm all honesty though, who do you think he could've brought on who could've changed the game today? There's an argument that Jack should've been subbed but Gerrard just recently said he was one of the players "who I trust" in a press conference. 

When Jack kept giving short passes and passing to Aberdeen players he should have been hooked, Arfield was poor as well and Kent was easily dominated by Dom Ball Morelos struggled again against Aberdeen there were so many players who could have been taken off but Gerrard did nothing.,

We were lucky today against a poor Aberdeen side.

Lafferty McCrorie/Halliday should have been used today was not really a game for Defoe.

Strange bench today without Middleton I thought.

Obviousky Grezda and Murphy are injured but if you’re tactics are 2 wide men in a front 3 surely you need at least one other winger on the bench to make a change if things aren’t going well.

Wouldve put Defoe on for the last 10/15 to mix things up a bit. 

We were really poor today and lucky to get back with a replay 

Jack was having a nightmare so it would’ve made sense to take on McCrorie and then maybe push Kamara into the Jack role. We were also looking a bit vulnerable from set pieces so McCrorie would’ve bolstered our set piece defending. 

All in all the lack of changes didn’t cost us though and we’ve got a chance to redeem ourselves at Ibrox. 

47 minutes ago, Smile said:

We have won one game out of five against Aberdeen so I do not share your optimism 

He did make a decision, not to change the team. 

Take them at ibrox- job done 

50 minutes ago, Smile said:

When Jack kept giving short passes and passing to Aberdeen players he should have been hooked, Arfield was poor as well and Kent was easily dominated by Dom Ball Morelos struggled again against Aberdeen there were so many players who could have been taken off but Gerrard did nothing.,

We were lucky today against a poor Aberdeen side.

Lafferty McCrorie/Halliday should have been used today was not really a game for Defoe.

The fact that you always bring up Lafferty when things don't go well tells me you know nothing. he would not have made the difference today, I played the game my entire life and i can tell that you did'n't. I'm willing to prove otherwise if you like.

Smile may be one of the biggest poters on RM and that is cool, he may be a big Rngers lover like all of us but he has no clue about football and how it should be played. Doubt he knows how to trap a ball if truth be told. He talks shite when it comes to football. I have no doubt his love however. 

That game today was a battle from start to finish on a poor pitch.

No matter who came on the pattern would be the same. Rangers trying (usually failing) to play football, Aberdeen lumping it up the pitch fighting for 2nd balls. Not sure who would have changed that from our bench.

BTW I agree Jack was poor on the ball but off the ball he’s reliable and disciplined. I reckon that’s why he stayed on, if anyone was to come off it’d have been Morelos. He should have been sent off ...again.

Cant be trusted 

Jack was poor today but who do we replace him with was the question, although it was a battle and I would always prefer McCrorie in a battle the problem then is who do we then have in the middle that can pass a ball forward? up until today Jack has been very good at playing in balls going narrow so I can understand Gerrard's reluctance in pulling him off when hoping he could just maybe come up with that one opportunity of playing in one telling pass that no other player today was capable of doing, when the 80 minute mark had been reached I thought it was sensible not to change things as that would have been a tough game to get up to speed in, Gerrard took a chance and was fortunate enough to get another chance at Ibrox it was a damned if you do damned if you don't decision.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If you watch that game and don't think McCrorie should have been on for Jack then I worry for you

I can understand the calls for McCorie playing today but I'll ask again who would we then have that was capable of playing the forward pass, to put McCrorie on would have meant reverting to long punts and Considine and McKenna would have just lapped that up and balls would then have been lumped back up the park putting us on the back foot again, I have agreed that Jack was poor but the lack of someone with the ability from the bench to provide that forward pass always meant Jack was staying on as we had no alternative.

13 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If you watch that game and don't think McCrorie should have been on for Jack then I worry for you

Don’t worry for me...

McCorie should play more, I like the lad but...

For me a sub should change the game and McCrorie isn’t a game changer 

2 hours ago, Smile said:

We have won one game out of five against Aberdeen so I do not share your optimism 

he actually made the decision not to disrupt the team - right or wrong

We will beat them at Ibrox

32 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

I can understand the calls for McCorie playing today but I'll ask again who would we then have that was capable of playing the forward pass, to put McCrorie on would have meant reverting to long punts and Considine and McKenna would have just lapped that up and balls would then have been lumped back up the park putting us on the back foot again, I have agreed that Jack was poor but the lack of someone with the ability from the bench to provide that forward pass always meant Jack was staying on as we had no alternative.

Jack's not exactly someone that's great at making forwards passes, and even then his sideways passing was awful. We needed a physical presence in midfield and McCrorie is exactly.

27 minutes ago, Mr Blue HMS said:

Don’t worry for me...

McCorie should play more, I like the lad but...

For me a sub should change the game and McCrorie isn’t a game changer 

He adds more physicality than Jack and that's would we needed.

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Jack's not exactly someone that's great at making forwards passes, and even then his sideways passing was awful. We needed a physical presence in midfield and McCrorie is exactly.

He adds more physicality than Jack and that's would we needed.

Aberdeen bypassed midfield so imo McCrories added physicality wouldn’t have changed much imo.