Deadline 3pm today.

backup

22 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Your last sentence - parity ? Yep - I think all referees are equally shite, I do NOT think they are out to get us, not holding us to different standards. Football fans (and players and managers) moan like fuck when they get beat and the ref is as easy target - if only the ref had not done.... what ever. I guess there is just no hope for me!

How many managers come out and say - If my player had not missed a sitter (Jack), My defender had a brain fart of a pass that cost us a goal (Tavernier), My Player should not have reacted (Alfredo - although Stevie did say this).

I can probably look at any game where teams have moaned about the result and the ref and then find instances where his own team had let them down, not the ref. 

I am off the opinion there is no LACK OF PARITY in the game - we just aint good enough yet.

You didnt answer his question about citations, can you explain why the tarriers havent had one sibce glenn loovens ten years ago? 

Referees need to be held to account for their actions.  If they make enough mistakes that they are costing teams points, they should be hauled up in front of a tribunal and made to defend their actions.

They should also face suspension or punishment for repeated blatant mistakes.

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Referees need to be held to account for their actions.  If they make enough mistakes that they are costing teams points, they should be hauled up in front of a tribunal and made to defend their actions.

Then the problem starts that if you punish them with suspensions/repeated mistakes they're just going to stop giving split second decesions from fear of getting it wrong and getting suspended. They'll just say they didn't see it and let the compliance officer deal with it afterwards

Only way to solve it is the same way as most other sports, get VAR/Technology in and let them have the option to use it like it's used in majority of other sports.

If they look at 3/4 replays of something and still get it horribly wrong then yes there's a case to answer for then & they should have to explain themselves

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

Then the problem starts that if you punish them with suspensions/repeated mistakes they're just going to stop giving split second decesions from fear of getting it wrong and getting suspended. They'll just say they didn't see it and let the compliance officer deal with it afterwards

Only way to solve it is the same way as most other sports, get VAR/Technology in and let them have the option to use it like it's used in majority of other sports.

If they look at 3/4 replays of something and still get it horribly wrong then yes there's a case to answer for then & they should have to explain themselves

Decent point.

56 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

That's it - right there that's what we have to fight against - you have no arguments against being a wee tell tale - you know its wrong but instead of just admitting it you try to have a wee personal pop - as if that wins the argument. FFS I feels sorry for you its so pathetic. 

Bend over and grunt ya bellend. 

28 minutes ago, gogzy said:

THat answers my post. 

The fair play table, the comliance table, the fact we are booked way easier than the tarriers are booked ( that's fact) Can't remember the exact numbers but we are carded once every 4.5 fouls and they are carded once every 9 ( aprox numbers as I forget the post it came from)

If you see all that going on, and still believe it's just because the refs are shit then there is really no point in continuing with you.

https://spfl.co.uk/stats-centre

Don't know how to factor in red cards but

Us 368 fouls v 49 yellow cards means a caution every 7.51 fouls

Them 304 fouls v 35 yellow cards means a caution every 8.68 fouls

it would then come down to possession with the team having the most probably committing fewer fouls

however its the major decisions wrong/referrals that show the difference between both clubs

16 minutes ago, RJMcGregor said:

Here's one for you then, since i tend to be on the side of not believing the conspiracy stuff, but alot of the calls this year have been quite shite. What would it take for you to believe there was something going on conscious or sub-conscious in nature. 

a lot!

For it to be anything conscious that's a lot of referees, a lot of lines men and a lot of officials that would need to be doing something 'deliberately' so I just don't buy that.

Sub-consciously I guess a few might have some sort of prejudice against us - but I would expect just as many to be for us as against us - so nope not really buying that either.

Do I think the standard of refereeing in this country is shite - absolutely! Will this go against us at times - absolutely! Is that a conspiracy (consciously or not) - No.

Main issue - we are just not there yet competitively. 

1 minute ago, gj923 said:

it would then come down to possession with the team having the most probably committing fewer fouls

however its the major decisions wrong/referrals that show the difference between both clubs

The stats I saw were different to that, it was a couple of months ago though.

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

The stats I saw were different to that, it was a couple of months ago though.

its does'nt detract from the argument that we are unfairly penalised with the figures being close - that only tells part of the story

12 minutes ago, gogzy said:

They already have that - it's just not 'transparent' so we never hear about it - but when the standard is so low anyway its not easy. 

Everyone says how good English refs are but look how many wrong (or shall we call them controversial) decisions that get debated every 'Match of the Day' and our refs are not at that standard. 

Poor refereeing is just part of the game.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

FFS you really are a parody of a taig in the modern Republic of Scotland. 

Tsk Tsk ... perhaps I should clipe on you - then again no need, as I am the one winning the argument and your the one resorting to name calling.

There is no conspiracy .what there is though which is just as bad if not worse .There is a culture in Scotland that we get favours while the tarriers are hard done to .Coupled by the fact that any bad decision they get it's full media coverage and club statements .

Any favourable decision we get or even if it's good decisions .like the game with 4 penalties is manipulated to look like we get favoured. 

When the taigs get a bad decision or a percieved bad one we end up with situations where referees are targeted off the park by media then low life fans .ie Beaton needing a police presence at his home and on his way to work .

The media have a lot to answer for here .compare the last 3 games against them .

1st .They score from a foul we should have received. narrative. doesn't matter taigs were better team .

2nd .We pump them .narrative Morelos should have been sent off for numerous offences highlighted to death 

3rd We lose narrowly and are denied a blatant penalty. Brown plays right on the edge of decency and sportsmanship. acts the cunt .Narrative Morelos indiscipline. penalty forgot about 

now suppose we had won on Sunday and they were denied the exact same penalty. what would the papers be full of .

Refs are put under so much pressure when we are involved and same with the taigs but on opposite sides of the coin .and while they control the game they will never fall foul of the authorities for questioning refs and ramping up the pressure when things get close 

23 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

FFS you really are a parody of a taig in the modern Republic of Scotland. 

Republicanism is against everything The Rangers stands for, it is a cancer that was soundly defeated at the ballot box, it has no place in our country or Union !

40 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I think many are terrified of giving us anythng and if they do, then they will be held to account!

31 minutes ago, gj923 said:

That doesnt really factor timings of bookings though, for example brown got a second booking after scoring the late winner against killie, a token gesture that means nothing in the game

Morelos got booked after 15mins for a "dive" against the sheep at home, puts him on a tightrope for the last 75mins, totally different effect from the same punishment 

5 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Fast Track Notice of Complaint | Ryan Kent, Player, Rangers FC

Tuesday 2 April 2019

Fast Track Notice of Complaint | Fast Track Notice of Complaint | Ryan Kent, Player, Rangers FC

Player: Ryan Kent, Player, Rangers FC

Match: celtic FC v Rangers FC Sunday 31 March 2019

Competition: Scottish Premiership

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 200 : Where any one of the sending off offences of (A1) serious foul play, (A2) violent conduct, and (A3) spitting at an opponent or other person is committed by a player at a match, but that sending off offence was not seen by any of the match officials at the time that it was committed the mandatory suspension for that sending off offence as provided for in Annex C of the Judicial Panel Protocol shall be applied to the player.

Any Fast Track Notice of Complaint alleging a breach of this Rule shall be Determined by a Fast Track Tribunal subject to the provisions of Section 13.

Fast Track Tribunal Hearing: Thursday 4 April 2019