Who Will Be Back Up To Allan McGregor?

16 minutes ago, dande101 said:

Foderingham is terrible with the ball at his feet, he's a heart attack waiting to happen, too heavy a touch and spends to much time with the ball before releasing it causing him to just kick it anywhere, his distribution is shocking. 

Many times a game do you stand up and scream ‘get it tae fuck’ or ‘get it up the park’?

1 minute ago, jackrfc95 said:

I genuinely thought this was a piss take.

McGregor is  afar superior keeper to Wes and won us a fair few points last season. 

If Foderingham was our keeper we wouldn't have made the Europa League group stages last season either.

Should just end the thread with that mate. 👍

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Wes is the biggest bomb scare of a goalie with the ball at his feet I’ve ever seen, never mind he can’t stop a shot from distance if his life depended on it. 

I agree McGregor has a foot like a 10 bob bit but he’s not there for his rapid distribution. He’s there because he’s one of the best shot stoppers Rangers have ever had. 

As the team develops I can see why we would eventually want a keeper who is more well rounded for the modern game but it’s not a priority for this season and Mcgregor certainly shouldn’t be getting dropped for Foderingham. 

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

As the team develops I can see why we would eventually want a keeper who is more well rounded for the modern game but it’s not a priority for this season and Mcgregor certainly shouldn’t be getting dropped for Foderingham. 

On a whole we don’t play needing a goalie that can ping a pass the length of the pitch. 

The most he has to do is get it out quick to either full back

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I reckon Wes and alnwick will be off. 

Mccrorie will be loaned out again so expect Firth to be no 2 unless we sign a new keeper. 

I think that’s what will happen too and we’ll probably pick up some cheap journeyman keeper to be third choice.

1 hour ago, thehost said:

DO people watch the match and him:

punting the ball to where Big Lee used to be, even though he left 7 years ago.

holding the call, for no reason, allowing the opposition to get fully back

be absolutely horrendous at distribution 

He's a great shotstopper and a perfect goaly for the 90's not today and not for our pace based team.

So...  perfect for a Rangers team featuring the likes of Gascoigne, Laudrup, Hateley, Gough etc....?

Praise indeed.

1 hour ago, thehost said:

Mcgregor holds this team back and needs replacing. I would play fod as first choice until we get someone better.

You on a professional piss take here?

Yes he can be a bit of a loose cannon at times but hes a fucking outstanding goalkeeper who saved our arse on a number of occasions last season....non more so than in Europe.

Mcgregor is the no1 end of story.

Some of McGregors distribution last season was tremendous for me.  

A  game at Ibrox he made a 60yrd pass out right which for me was pass of the game.  

However was getting steadily pissed off with his drama shows & general madness as the season came to an end.  

McGregor as first choice for at least another season.

McCrorie out on loan to keep him getting games and experience as he's possibly going to be the long term successor to McGregor.

Sell Foderingham.

Alnwick as a back up keeper.

Firth as backup to Alnwick when McGregor is out serving the suspensions he'll inevitably pick up throughout the season.

People have been trying to sell Wes for years on here but he is still here with a year left on his contract which is probably decent compared to what he could get in League one down south which was his level before here.

Alnwick also has a year left but might fancy going out on loan again although I would probably prefer him as backup - still a bit annoyed we bought him after selling a capable back up

Hopefully McGregor screws the nut this year and we don't have to rely on any of them.

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Wes is the biggest bomb scare of a goalie with the ball at his feet I’ve ever seen, never mind he can’t stop a shot from distance if his life depended on it. 

I agree McGregor has a foot like a 10 bob bit but he’s not there for his rapid distribution. He’s there because he’s one of the best shot stoppers Rangers have ever had. 

that's fine but the problem is we constantly fuck about side to side because when he releases the ball the other team are all set