Billy Gilmour

Essandoh

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Unionblue said:

Pedro tried to talk him into staying, its probably therefore self evident why he left.

Yeah tbf given the choice was between being coached by a guy talking bout Caravans or going to one of the best youth academies in the world plus having the back up of a private education i think it's understandable why he left (Particuarly given the state we were in at the time)

It's hard to say how good he'd be if he'd stayed. I'm not convinced we'd have given him first team football any earlier due to the standard "too wee" mentality of Scottish football. I'm also not sure I'd want to see him getting halved constantly by the hammer throwers we play against. I've almost no doubt being part of Chelsea's academy has improved him vastly over the last 2 years though.

Even if he stayed and was fast tracked into our squad, later that season he would have been playing alongside Russell Martin and Declan John, getting pumped 4-0 and 5-0 by them, and returning to a greeting Murty in the dressing room. It could have fucked his development and ruined his confidence.

He made the right choice. It's a shame we were such a fucking shambles.

• 1 month later...
On 27/09/2019 at 15:57, Thermopylae said:

Can only wish him well but it's only human to wonder what might have been

If only, but the lad is undoubtedly a special talent and in the current financial imbalance leading the game atm, he was always going to be moving on to continue his development. I’m just glad that he is being able to showcase his talent and earn a starting place instead of sliding in to obscurity like so many emerging talents before him...

3 hours ago, Robmc1 said:

If only, but the lad is undoubtedly a special talent and in the current financial imbalance leading the game atm, he was always going to be moving on to continue his development. I’m just glad that he is being able to showcase his talent and earn a starting place instead of sliding in to obscurity like so many emerging talents before him...

He was on White's show this morning ... says he still goes to games when he comes up and hopes we do it this year :pipe:

2 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

You would think this was the new Messi the way folk go on about this boy, surely if he was that good he would be in their first team, just like an even younger Messi was scoring for Barcas first team.......

He's played in their first team a few times, don't understand the point?

3 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Played for part of a couple of games. Point was if hes that great why is he not starting most games , just like Messi did at 17.......

Yes because if you aren't as good as Messi was at 17 then you aren't worth talking about. What a ridiculous comment 😂

9 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Yes because if you aren't as good as Messi was at 17 then you aren't worth talking about. What a ridiculous comment 😂

Just tired of reading how great the boy is and yet not good enough to start for them in almost all games this year , in a piss poor Chelsea side........

3 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Just tired of reading how great the boy is and yet not good enough to start for them in almost all games this year , in a piss poor Chelsea side........

Have you been drinking? 

That “piss poor” Chelsea side are sitting top 4 and top of their Champions League Group. 

Not to mention having midfielders like Kante, Jorginho, and Kovacic. 

3 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

And right there is why we are awfull at bringing on talent from the youths. Fuck me!!!! 

Archived