Welcome To The Famous Filip Helander

BridgeIsBlue

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

:lol:

Btw I've seen this prick mcnamara alot in the press recently. Since when did this useless cunt become the voice of all things scottish football 😂😂😂😂😂

Honestly this shithole of a country has went to the dogs. 

Stick to blowing off simon donnelly jackie.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Please submit your playing history and we will review it.  Up until last season it felt like there were a few of us who could have been in with a chance of a start. 

Ha! I couldn't lace my drink now never mind my boots. Ex Dennistoun Waverley and Possil Ym. Went Junior and got bored. I was a failure. 😁

I think success this season is going to depend on getting Kent back and Barisic stepping up now.

Those two things happen and we're in very good shape. 

Providing Morelos is still here or we sign an equal replacement. 

Getting some good quality in ever position now. I said in another thread I'd get rid of haliday but I'll take it back. Its hard to keep everyone happy and having a guy like him who loves the club, will pass on what it means and can play a couple positions will be important. 

Mcgregor - fod 

Tav, barasic - polster, flannagan, haliday 

Helander goldson,-katic edmundon

Davis kamara aribo - Jack docherty haliday arfield 

Ojo arfield - Jones hastie Murphy 

Morelos - defoe 

I've not counted guys I'd expect to leave or  guys out on loan. 

Add Kent and another striker, I'll be confident 

8 minutes ago, hooooootchy said:

Getting some good quality in ever position now. I said in another thread I'd get rid of haliday but I'll take it back. Its hard to keep everyone happy and having a guy like him who loves the club, will pass on what it means and can play a couple positions will be important. 

Mcgregor - fod 

Tav, barasic - polster, flannagan, haliday 

Helander goldson,-katic edmundon

Davis kamara aribo - Jack docherty haliday arfield 

Ojo arfield - Jones hastie Murphy 

Morelos - defoe 

I've not counted guys I'd expect to leave or  guys out on loan. 

Add Kent and another striker, I'll be confident 

Stewart

39 minutes ago, Robb said:

Ha! I couldn't lace my drink now never mind my boots. Ex Dennistoun Waverley and Possil Ym. Went Junior and got bored. I was a failure. 😁

Don't put yourself down. Anyone who played junior is better than the vast majority. 

SPFL Radar guy on twitter has watched his last 5 matches and given his assessment of him on his blog, with video clips to highlight stuff

https://stewartbrown999.wixsite.com/footballstewart/single-post/2019/07/13/Filip-Helander---The-Last-Five

Having read and watched the whole thing it would seem like he loves pushing up and pressing the attacker high up the pitch. As the guy says in his blog this is a strength and a weakness. He seems to be good at doing it but the times when if fails it leaves spaces in behind. Said he is also composed in and around the box and good at dealing with players running at him and blocking crosses. Pretty good in the air but not dominant and plays his passes very simple, doesn't try to break the lines which we might be looking for him to do.

He thinks he'll be a good signing and the best CB at the club though, and looks pretty comfortable playing in Serie A. 

9 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Don't put yourself down. Anyone who played junior is better than the vast majority. 

Sorry mate. I disagree. Junior football is dreadfull. Having played it, i never enjoyed it either. A step up from Amateur but horrendous shite. I just chucked it. Perhaps i took my age into account. I was 70!!!  

1 hour ago, Broxi said:

SPFL Radar guy on twitter has watched his last 5 matches and given his assessment of him on his blog, with video clips to highlight stuff

https://stewartbrown999.wixsite.com/footballstewart/single-post/2019/07/13/Filip-Helander---The-Last-Five

Having read and watched the whole thing it would seem like he loves pushing up and pressing the attacker high up the pitch. As the guy says in his blog this is a strength and a weakness. He seems to be good at doing it but the times when if fails it leaves spaces in behind. Said he is also composed in and around the box and good at dealing with players running at him and blocking crosses. Pretty good in the air but not dominant and plays his passes very simple, doesn't try to break the lines which we might be looking for him to do.

He thinks he'll be a good signing and the best CB at the club though, and looks pretty comfortable playing in Serie A. 

For me that'll work well with Goldson

I've noticed that Katic is the more aggressive ballwinner in that pairing & Goldson usually drops in behind for cover.

My worry would be if he pairs with Katic as they would be very similar.

Archived