First choice CB pairing?

JimmyCR1

For me our 1st choice pairing has to be goldson and katic. They looked excellent together at the end of the season and it's up to the new guys to dislodge them. 

I'd also like to say that katic is more of a threat at set pieces as well so he'd be in my team with whoever else. 

I can see us playing with 3 at the back on a few occasions this season. Goldson and Helander will Probably be our main 2 in a back 4 but I think they'll all play quite a lot this season. 

14 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Edmondson and Helander for Europe and cups. 

Goldson and Katic for the league. 

Thoughts? 

I think we might see something like this once the league gets underway mate.

A pairing that starts most league games and one which plays in Europe and domestic cups.

Think SG will probably go with Goldson and Helander as the league pairing though. 

Katic & Edmundson. Goldson runs & plays like a big fuckin wummin. In fact, I'm calling him Raheem from now on. Too early to judge Helander. 

How can anyone suggest dropping Kat & Eddie when they have shown proper committment & quality so far?

On 30/07/2019 at 11:20, deeMor1 said:

Will be goldson and helander with edmundson first choice replacement. 

Thats what I think, but prefer Katic and Goldson, as they do play well together, but Edmundson looks very good so far. If Edmundson continues to play as he is then Katic and Edmundson.

I like Goldson. He's commanding and if you watch him he does a lot of organisation outwith play. 

Last time we played without him (derby or Blackburn) our line was all over the camp at the back and tav was trying to call the line. 

Shagger has a good connection with him too.

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

Goldson/ Katic  not seen enough of Edmundson or Helander yet.

I saw enough of them, last night, to know how fucking shite they are when it comes to sideways messing about. That Edmundson looks much more comfortable on the ball and quite nimble on his feet so I would have him as the main starter until we can bed Helander in. 

1 hour ago, thehost said:

I saw enough of them, last night, to know how fucking shite they are when it comes to sideways messing about. That Edmundson looks much more comfortable on the ball and quite nimble on his feet so I would have him as the main starter until we can bed Helander in. 

That's what they would have been told to do to draw the team onto them didnt work last night, but they still kept a clean sheet and are our best options at the back.

29 minutes ago, Smile said:

That's what they would have been told to do to draw the team onto them didnt work last night, but they still kept a clean sheet and are our best options at the back.

I am under no illusions that they, McGregor and jack have been instructed to fuck about like this, since they did it all last season. What I cant understand is SG moans about it, it causes us to be toothless and costs us valuable points, yet they all still continue with it.

Bizarre. 

31 minutes ago, thehost said:

I am under no illusions that they, McGregor and jack have been instructed to fuck about like this, since they did it all last season. What I cant understand is SG moans about it, it causes us to be toothless and costs us valuable points, yet they all still continue with it.

Bizarre. 

I agree we should really be rolling teams like that over they looked rubbish.