Scottish Club Nicknames.

In my day, Scottish club nicknames were well known and often quite witty. 

We were kinda officially nicknamed "The Gers", but also "The Teddy Bears"

We had the likes of Hearts who were known as the "Jam Tarts" which is kinda cockney rhyming slang, though I believe there were no cockney's who ever gave a stuff about Hearts. 

Partick Thistle were known as "The Jags".    Not sure why as I always thought there was no real "point" to them, mainly supported by Billy Connoly and folk who didn'tlike football. 

Ayr were known as "The Honest Men " after a line in a Robert Burns poem. 

Clyde were known as "the Bully Wee", no idea why. Sounds like a nickname that would have suited cellic better. 

Nowadays us Gers fans have our own nicknames for teams.

Aberdeen = "Sheep"

Hibs = "Junkies"

Dundee United = "Who ?"

But what we need now is suitable nicknames for modern time Scottish football teams, so apart from the obvious "Bunch Of Collected Rangers Hating Cunts",  which nicknames do you think would be suitable for the various Scottish football teams ?

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

In my day, Scottish club nicknames were well known and often quite witty. 

h Of Collected Rangers Hating Cunts",  which nicknames do you think would be suitable for the various Scottish football teams ?

SNIPPED 

Arbroath -- Red Lichties always thought was a cracker  -allegedly related to the red light that used to guide fishing boats back from the North Sea to the Harbour.

Another rhyming slang was Partick Thistle (Jags) - Harry Wraggs  -- Harry was a famous flat-racing jockey & trainer 

Stenhousemuir :  the Warriors

Dunfermline:  the Pars

Dundee Utd:   the Arabs   but that is their newer nickname.  They weren't always known as that.  

I like some of the English clubs names such as:

Bradford City   the Bantams

Plymouth        the Pilgrims

Barnsley   the Tykes

9 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Stenhousemuir :  the Warriors

Dunfermline:  the Pars

Dundee Utd:   the Arabs   but that is their newer nickname.  They weren't always known as that.  

I like some of the English clubs names such as:

Bradford City   the Bantams

Plymouth        the Pilgrims

Barnsley   the Tykes

Dundee Utd I believe started early 80s. Their pitch was so bad they put loads of sand on it. A bit racist if it happened in todays world 

18 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Hate folk calling celtic the tims, tarriers taigs bheasts peados scum all acceptable but no the tims ffs 

I’m sometimes guilty of that when I’m posting about them  to be honest. Just need to be careful. I do call them them the tinks or scum as well! 

On 05/08/2019 at 21:17, 6superbarry6 said:

Hate folk calling celtic the tims, tarriers taigs bheasts peados scum all acceptable but no the tims ffs 

I've referred to them as tims for many years as did nearly every other Bear I knew.  A few years ago some people tried to accuse our fans of sectarianism if we used that term.  Utterly stupid as that lot had a shop near Barrowland and Glasgow Cross (where else?) called the tim shop so that kind of killed that accusation.