Katic

GOAT

He has been excellent lately. The fact he has responded so well from his period out of the team/to the new signings tells you everything about the big man.

He'll only get better too which will inevitably see him move on. 

On another positive, what a finish from the big man.

We are hopefully on course for close to 70 games this year. Helander and Edmunson will be more than handy. Goldson and Katic first choice for me. 

Many times last year if 1 of our CBS got injured or suspended there was a collective ‘aw fuck’ but that’s certainly not the case this year. 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He never went through a rough patch at all. Gerrard undersevdly started playing Worrall. 

Benkovic started the first game then was dropped for the next two. He's still quite young but it looks like Leicester were robbed.

If i can answer on behalf of @westenclosure2008, he probably meant that the off field issues plus being dropped was the rough patch. It's almost universally agreed that Katic was undeservedly dropped for Worrall, so much so that there was speculation the terms of the loan deal meant he had to either play if fit, or play X amount of minutes/games.

Either way Goldson and Katic would be my first choice with two capable back ups in Edmundson and Helander.

Having spent £3.5m on Helander, it is reasonable to expect him to be half decent. We won’t know until he is tested but as the phrase goes, ‘if it ain’t broke so don’t fix it’. 

Katic has done very little wrong but a lot right so the jersey is his to lose. Same can be said about Edmundson, so very comforting that we have real strength in depth here.

3 hours ago, magic8ball said:

I watched most of Croatias U21 matches at this summers Euros(only to watch Katic) while they got put out in the group stage Katic easily was their most impressive defender, The guy the tarriers had on loan last year was playing beside him, I think he was bought by Leicester for 18m,

Wouldn't surprise me that Katic after next summers Euros or maybe even in the lead up to the tournament starts getting called up for the full squad. 

That could well be bad news though as it wouldn't take long for offers that we couldn't refuse to come in. Iv been racking my brain and can't think of another centre half that was so loved by the support. The best in my time we have had was Gough but even he had a lot of critics. 

Now I know he's nowhere near as good as Gough but what a player this young man is. Deserves to be one of the first names on the sheet. 

Weir, Cuellar, Bougherra? 

I’m a big fan of Katic, but let’s reserve this sort of patter for the end of the season, when he’s helped us win things. 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

How come he’s no touted for £12 million moves? 

He’s the best out of him, Ajer and McKenna that’s a certainty. The other two are worth about £30 million between them according to the papers...

I honestly hope nobody outside of us ever notices how good he is. I hope he is here for the next 10 years.

We may need to buy him some disguises and fake passports.