2nd UEFA Charge

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

So tell me what they ( FARE or EUFA) construe as sectarian. 

Tell me why is it celtic are lauded for celebrating their Irish Republican tradition while we are constantly attacked for celebrating our Ulster Scots connections. The whole thing is a carve up.

Tell me, how is singing about 'being up to our knees in fenian blood' or hating 'fenian bastards' 'celebrating our Ulster Scots connections'? 

18 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

So tell me what they ( FARE or EUFA) construe as sectarian. 

Tell me why is it celtic are lauded for celebrating their Irish Republican tradition while we are constantly attacked for celebrating our Ulster Scots connections. The whole thing is a carve up.

Fenian bastards, fenian blood, fuck the pope and the Vatican.

thats the ones that are very clear 

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

That’s the problem right there. Summed up beautifully 

ignorance and a propensity to always reference others. 

Every single one of us know what not to sing yet we still kid ourselves on.  

Fucking sick of it 

Answer the point he makes or shut up with your sanctimonious bullshite. 

33 minutes ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

The comment is correct and that is all that matters.  

UEFA will in all likelihood ignore our gesture if no tickets for next away game and instead close Ibrox. That is what their escalation policy suggests. They have shown no tolerance in past. 

That means any transgression gets us kicked out or banned next year.  

We were banned in 1973 and some of us remember that. 

If we get banned or kicked out again our brand will be toxic. SG will leave. Players will not come. We will effectively have killed ourselves.  

I have supported Rangers for more than 50 years and this is a watershed moment like no other. We stood together when we were demoted. 

We must not kill ourselves where others have failed

Our finest hours lie ahead but we must modify the songbook to not include any songs that can be construed as sectarian. 

Our finest hours..... or self destruction. 

What do we want. What do they want.  

Its in our own hands.  

This, good post.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Tell me, how is singing about 'being up to our knees in fenian blood' or hating 'fenian bastards' 'celebrating our Ulster Scots connections'? 

because the fenian is our direct enemy in today’s culture war and the Ulster Scots are our forefathers 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

How does Orange H** Bastards and killing all Protestants till there are no more celebrating their Irish Hertiage. 

35 minutes ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

The comment is correct and that is all that matters.  

UEFA will in all likelihood ignore our gesture if no tickets for next away game and instead close Ibrox. That is what their escalation policy suggests. They have shown no tolerance in past. 

That means any transgression gets us kicked out or banned next year.  

We were banned in 1973 and some of us remember that. 

If we get banned or kicked out again our brand will be toxic. SG will leave. Players will not come. We will effectively have killed ourselves.  

I have supported Rangers for more than 50 years and this is a watershed moment like no other. We stood together when we were demoted. 

We must not kill ourselves where others have failed

Our finest hours lie ahead but we must modify the songbook to not include any songs that can be construed as sectarian. 

Our finest hours..... or self destruction. 

What do we want. What do they want.  

Its in our own hands.  

Well said. 

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Fucking sick of it 

Everone has said they won't sing the songs, so wtf is your problem? You wan't us wearing crucifixes and rattling beads? In fact don't answer.

32 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

See if we go through tonight we'll still get kicked out. 

None of the songs in question will be sung but the tarrier in the stands will find something else to be offended by. 

This is exactly it.

It’s all fine and well people saying things like use common sense but my view of what might be acceptable could be entirely different to what yours is and yours could be different to somebody else’s and so on it goes.

Something like The Billy Boys is obvious, as is Super Rangers, but what about the likes of Derry’s Walls, A Fathers Advice or Build My Gallows? Where is the line drawn and what is there to stop a delegate from UEFA and/or FARE from turning up at Ibrox and deciding that they are offensive or break rules once the first two are stamped out? 

If the club would just sit down with UEFA and then RSC’s and hand out a definitive list of what is ok and what isn’t rather than just saying “oh come on guys, you know what is acceptable and what isn’t” and then blaming it on the Union Bears when people don’t pay attention then this would be far less of a shit show.

A definitive list would also stop UEFA and FARE from moving the goal posts and fucking us again, and they absolutely will do that because we’ve seen the way that people have chipped away at us for years (you still have people out there peddling the idea that Penny Arcade is about glorifying a murder for example).

If the club won’t stand up for the fans or help the fans by finding out and confirming for certain what is ok and what isn’t then it will always be a grey area and that just causes confusion among fans and means that the likes of UEFA and FARE can spin whatever narrative they want, unchallenged by anybody and it quickly becomes considered fact, even if in some cases it’s not.

There has to be a line or cut off point drawn somewhere and that should be being pushed for from somebody within the club - it certainly would be at a club with strong leadership - rather than them just throwing the support, particular the Unions Bears, under the bus in an attempt to wash their hands of it.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Answer the point he makes or shut up with your sanctimonious bullshite. 

So let him go tonight and sing anything he likes. Full blown add ons the lot. 

Aye cos he doesn’t know what is fucking deemed a naughty song. 

Fuck sake Courtyard you telling me there are supporters who don’t see what we’ve been in trouble for for some time now?

If sellik had been getting hammered for years for their sectarian (and therefore racist) singing, and then we were continuing it then we wouldn't have a leg to stand on. As it is the bare faced hypocrisy is clear for all. 

11 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Like it or not, but calling someone a 'fenian bastard' is sectarian. This is why we are being punished.

They cant and wont start banning us for singing non offensive songs. Saying otherwise is just stupid to try and point the balme for the current situation at other folk rather than our own support.

No the blame for the charge lies at the feet of the people who've sung these songs. So just about the majority of people who've been to Ibrox regularly.

TBB wasn't an offensive song not too long ago, so much so it was belted out at Hampden during Scotland games by near enough the whole Scotland support.

We live in a world where if I say I want a stronger stance on illegal immigration I'm literally a goose stepping member of the 4th Reich.

To say they couldn't find some way to convince the relevant authorities that another song, a word or even the color of our socks are Sectarian is naive in the extreme.

The drive to turn Fenian from its literal definition to this new Sectarian one started somewhere, somehow, probably by someone who would have been dismissed as a moon howler at the time. And anyone suggesting, like I am right now, that this might be a problem for us eventually was probably dismissed as well, like I'm being right now.

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Everone has said they won't sing the songs, so wtf is your problem? You wan't us wearing crucifixes and rattling beads? In fact don't answer.

So the poster agrees with the sanctions and what UEFA deem sectarian and knows which songs not to sing

good, glad we got there in the end

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

So let him go tonight and sing anything he likes. Full blown add ons the lot. 

Aye cos he doesn’t know what is fucking deemed a naughty song. 

Fuck sake Courtyard you telling me there are supporters who don’t see what we’ve been in trouble for for some time now?

He never said that did he. 

What songs are ok to sing?? 

Did we get in trouble last season for singing TBB?? 

Why didn’t the Board let us know about the first charge?? 

14 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Fucking sick of it 

And I’m sick of wankers like you who accept double standards.  Listen carefully , Powar (partner of a Rangers Hater) has stated he likes anti colonial songs. He is the one standing in judgement on my football club. We gave up the Billy Boys and they started on other songs, I’ve even heard the Rangers Mega Mix attacked because the session musicians on it whistle and whistling sounds a bit  like a flute band. We are even criticised for the colour of our strip. They want us dead and they’ll never stop no matter how much we dilute our history and traditions. Perhaps you can tell me who we were racist against because I’ve not heard anything racist at Ibrox since the 70s

Archived