Ryan Kent

BLUEDIGNITY

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Hamstrings can go all the time. 

Could have gone in the warm up, during the game or having come on for the last 5 minutes. 

Can’t put that on Gerrard. 

👍

Spot on mate ....... we must have some amount of physiotherapists in our support ..... it will be all uphill convincing them otherwise though .... :p:

:UK:

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Plenty hindsight management going on now. Bottom line is that Kent was fit, just lacked match sharpness. 

If folk are saying he wasnt fit enough to start, then he surely he shouldn't have been on the bench as a sub could be required to come on early in the game. Scenes though if Gerrard hadn't named him in squad. Or if we were one nil down and Gerrard brought Kent on as sub on 50th minute, would he still be to blame if Kent pulled his hammy 40 mins later? Or a genius if Kent played a part in the win?

How many games did Barker play before yesterday, how was his preseason? Barker played a key part in our win, he was as much an injury risk as Kent, yet no criticism of Gerrard playing him for 50 minutes...

To blame Gerrard playing Kent from the start as the reason he pulled his hammy is simply playing to an anti SG narrative.

Some of his decisions lately have baffled me but people criticising him for this are having a laugh, said in the presser after the game the plan was always Kent 60 minutes then Barker 30 minutes, you can't take into account a hamstring injury that could happen at anytime.

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

Should have come on as a sub and it shouldn’t have been necessary to start him against Livi FFS.

My team yesterday had Defoe and Kent on the bench and the other bonus would have been the lift that the player and the crowd would have got when he came on.

To be fair, had Jones or Murphy been ready, he might not have started but I still think it was a mistake. A player who has very little match time should be eased back in, especially with six European games added to the schedule. 

Done now, all we can do is hope that Barker has something about him that we haven’t seen yet. Certainly took his goal well enough.

Amazing to think we were complaining about too many wingers with Jones, Murphy, Middleton, Grezda, Hastie, Ojo and that was before Kent and Barker arrived.

Now it’s all on Ojo and Barker. God help us.

Quite optimistic for Barker even though its only 1 game, just can't take to Ojo but looks like he can't be arsed half the time.

4 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

I dont know anybody who would have started him yesterday.  He hasnt played in months and this was always likely to happen.

It was another rookie mistake. As far as lifting the crowd , the whole team played as badly as they did against the scum yesterday , Gerrard got out of jail again yesterday.

We keep on playing as badly as this in the league and its only a matter of time till we drop more points.........

Football games last 90 minutes. Game was won after Barker's goal. Hardly got out of jail

But yes, starting Kent was the wrong call IMO. As was not giving Helander a run out

Kent went on Liverpool's pre-season to the States where he played in 3 games. He has hardly been out for months! He was fit and ready. Gerrard said post match the plan was to give him 60min and Barker 30min. If he switched it round to the last 30, it could still have happened. Injuries happen.

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Kent went on Liverpool's pre-season to the States where he played in 3 games. He has hardly been out for months! He was fit and ready. Gerrard said post match the plan was to give him 60min and Barker 30min. If he switched it round to the last 30, it could still have happened. Injuries happen.

Spot on m8 I'm astonished at the amount of people who think pulling his hamstring is down to lack of game time, the truth is kent is a speed merchant which always puts hamstrings at strain when the muscle is contracting....Michael Owen being a perfect example 👍

Just now, hammer93 said:

Spot on m8 I'm astonished at the amount of people who think pulling his hamstring is down to lack of game time, the truth is kent is a speed merchant which always puts hamstrings at strain when the muscle is contracting....Michael Owen being a perfect example 👍

Fuck, I hope his career is not blighted with hamstrings the way Owen's was. When I was younger, as an amateur, I went through about a two year stretch with a niggling hamstring. They are a bastard to heal. Nowadays they use ultrasound treatment to speed up the process. I'm sure he will be fine in a few weeks

4 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

I dont know anybody who would have started him yesterday.  He hasnt played in months and this was always likely to happen.

It was another rookie mistake. As far as lifting the crowd , the whole team played as badly as they did against the scum yesterday , Gerrard got out of jail again yesterday.

We keep on playing as badly as this in the league and its only a matter of time till we drop more points.........

Absolute nonsense.

All Rangers fans I know were delighted he started, these injuries happen at any time in a game.

But we obviously have some fans who need to be wise after the event, Kent trained for nearly two weeks and obviously done all that was asked, hence he was picked to play.

Some are challenging every decision Gerrard makes and blowing it out of proportion.

25 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Fuck, I hope his career is not blighted with hamstrings the way Owen's was. When I was younger, as an amateur, I went through about a two year stretch with a niggling hamstring. They are a bastard to heal. Nowadays they use ultrasound treatment to speed up the process. I'm sure he will be fine in a few weeks

Hopefully m8....no coincidence that Barker has struggled with hamstring injuries also

8 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

Pretty much rules him out of this entire block of games up to the next international break. Hearts on the 20th of October will probably be the next time we see him as long as his recovery goes smoothly. 

I probably wouldn't even risk him now until after the next break, would rather he just take's the 6 weeks to get it healed properly rather than potentially rushing him back.

10 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

I probably wouldn't even risk him now until after the next break, would rather he just take's the 6 weeks to get it healed properly rather than potentially rushing him back.

The Hearts game is after the international break Lee. 

21 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

It is nothing more than bad luck.

I for one shall wait until we have definative news about the extent of the injury.

And then what will you do? You just said it’s nothing more than bad luck. 

Archived