Ryan Kent

BLUEDIGNITY

4 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

They used to have a place in Bell Street jist off Albion Street where I worked, was the apprentice and got sent for the rolls etc, was told emphatically not to use it because they didn’t employ ours, and they didn’t, August 1967.

Nice mate. Never hold a grudge unless justified 👍

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Redwhiteandblue has got to either be somebody logging on from a mental institute during his daily online time, or the biggest mongo we've ever had on the forum 

I hoped since his Progres in the Bundesliga question that he was just somecunt fishing with every post

On 05/09/2019 at 12:47, Redwhiteandblue said:

Was just a guy I was buying a roll n sausage fae who told me. I hope he's right though. 

Either way, I can't see us selling him while Gerrard is here...

Can see the Daily Record running with this story. Make sure they pay you.

By the way was the sausage square or round? If it's roon he is not to be trusted. Likely a taig.

RYAN KENT admits he was just minutes away from missing out on his £7million dream move back to Rangers.

The Liverpool winger was preparing to board a Belgium-bound flight to sign for Club Brugge on the final day of the transfer window.

Brugge were offering him Champions League football and the chance to pit himself against Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and Galatasaray.

But an 11th-hour phone call from Gers boss Steven Gerrard saw him dash out of departures and head for Glasgow.

Gerrard’s late intervention brought to an end a three-month signing saga between Liverpool and Rangers.

It also brought a smile to Kent’s face for the first time all summer.

The 22-year-old said: “I was pretty close to getting on the flight. I was already checked in and sitting in departures at Manchester Airport.

“That’s when I got a call from my agent and the gaffer saying, ‘Don’t get on the flight’.

“I had a big smile on my face. It was probably the first time I had smiled in quite a while.

“I was just delighted. That was the call I’d been waiting for the whole transfer window and for it to finally come around was a no-brainer for me. I had to get in the car and get up here.

“I was getting ready to fly out and sign for Club Brugge.

“They are in the Champions League and that was one of the main reasons I was heading there.

“It would have been a big platform for me to showcase myself against the best European clubs.

“But my heart was set on coming back here. I think I can achieve everything I want here and take myself to where I want to go.”

Kent realises joining Brugge was a terrific opportunity.

But while his head was telling him one thing, his heart was saying something completely different.

He added: “It would have been hard to sign for Brugge, but I knew that as much as I wanted to be here I did have to look after myself as well.

“Brugge did offer a good platform for me to go and play against some of the best teams and best opposition in the world on a big stage, so there was an element of excitement about going there.

“But there was also a side of me disappointed that Rangers might not have come in again.

“This is the first place I have really enjoyed my football.

“I was excited to come into training every day and I couldn’t wait to step out on the pitch at weekends.

“That is down to the fans here, the coaching staff and the players. They made me feel special when I was here on loan last season.

“The first day I arrived at Rangers, everybody treated me not only as a player but as a friend. I have a lot of good mates here and, as a team, there is a lot of ambition.”

Kent was hell-bent on rejoining Rangers at the start of the summer and was under the impression Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp would sanction the switch. But at some point during the close season, Kent felt the goalposts were moved.

He said: “I asked Liverpool if I could come to Rangers because I felt I got so much out of myself last season.

“I felt there was still more to come and this was the right place for it to happen.

“I worked hard at the start of pre-season and we’d agreed I could come back here.

“The initial plan for me was that I wasn’t to go on loan.

“After the pre-season games we had in England, I said I really wanted to come back up here. There was an agreement I would go out to America for pre-season and see if I wanted to change my mind about staying at Liverpool.

“But after that they said I could go straight away and that was it.

“I had to start training on my own, but I made sure that I was keeping my fitness levels up.

“It was quite hard because it felt like the longest pre-season of my life. I was running every day and mentally it did get quite tough at times.

“Not just for me, but for everybody around me as well. Everybody who wanted to see me back up here.

“I knew I had to stay focused and make sure this moment would come. I wanted to come back here but I was being restricted from that happening.

“The support I received from everybody was overwhelming.

“The players kept asking me when I was coming back, although there wasn’t much I could tell them. I didn’t know myself until the last day of the window.”

Kent is the second-most expensive signing in Rangers’ history, but the youngster feels he will have no problem handling the price tag.

He added: “I wouldn’t have come back here if I wasn’t comfortable with it.

“I know that I have to go out and deliver, just as every other player has to deliver.

“There are 11 people on the pitch and I am just one of them. If I do my part then that’s all I can do.”

Archived