*****Official Rangers v Porto Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of hundred porto fans are current gathered in George Square, surprisingly quiet but lots of riot vans lined up at front of chambers and the horses are also there.

I think they’ll get bored or frozen and move back into the pubs if they had any sense 😂

14 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

He was a weird one, blew hot and cold which is why he infuriated some fans.

I for one miss him, and wished we kept him on as a squad player. He scored and assisted some crucial goals during his time here.

Not saying he was great, but perhaps under-appreciated by some and over-appreciated by others.

He didn't want to stay so keeping him wasn't an option 

3 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Took us minus 1. 

just sank in about 2 hours ago we’re playing Porto in a massive game soon n my arse has been winking like a hooker in an Amsterdam windae ever since 😂

Wee fun bet for me correct score double, Rangers 2-1, Lazio 3-1, £665 for a deep sea.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

He didn't want to stay so keeping him wasn't an option 

Well he didn't want to stay because he wasn't given any first team assurances. No one really knows what went on in the background, but what's happened has happened.

In my opinion I'm sure if we really wanted him to stay we could have convinced him to do so.

All history now anyway mate.

1 minute ago, Blueteeth said:

Well he didn't want to stay because he wasn't given any first team assurances. No one really knows what went on in the background, but what's happened has happened.

In my opinion I'm sure if we really wanted him to stay we could have convinced him to do so.

All history now anyway mate.

SG asked him to stay but wouldn't guarantee him playing time - and at his age, he said, he'd rather move on. 

1 minute ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

32, max 34 if I remember. 

I knew he was getting on a bit but for some reason thought he was younger than that, well for a winger that age it was probably all down hill from there.

What I would give for a right sided modern day McCann. Loved wee McCann on the left.

Archived