Colts Host Wrexham At Ibrox - 16th Nov at 3pm

Ace

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You will have already heard from other threads that we (Wrexham) apparently have links with celtic/Bohemians etc.

This is only the case, mainly in there own minds, of about 20-30 casual Wrexham fans.

Just to let you know the vast majority of Wrexham fans think these people are fantasists and/or dicks and have no interest one way or the other in the Rangers/celtic rivalry.  99% of our fans are not anti Rangers and are made up the game is going to be at Ibrox and really looking forward to it.  Not sure how many we'll bring given the short notice of the switch or indeed if I'll be there.  However did want to stress vast majority of us are looking forward to playing at such a historic ground/club, and don't care about Rangers/celtic.  

The supposed link between us and celtic is massively overplayed and frankly most of us think it's embarrasing.

All the best.

19 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We cant play UYL games at Ibrox so have to have them elsewhere. UEFA take control of Ibrox 24/48 hours before EL games to allow for TV prep and all the branding etc to be installed.

Do you know what kinda team we will have out?  Will we not have a lot of our key youngsters on international duty?

Most of our better quality youth internationals will be away so this date is a bit of a blow to the young lads. Fill the team with our squad players who can't get a game right now who need match practice like Edmundson, Polster, Docherty, Murphy.  Or are we not allowed to do that?

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Do you know what kinda team we will have out?  Will we not have a lot of our key youngsters on international duty?

It looks as though the Scotland 21s play the night before and the 19s have no fixture. I'll find out tonight if there has been approaches made to other FAs not to select players.

43 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Most of our better quality youth internationals will be away so this date is a bit of a blow to the young lads. Fill the team with our squad players who can't get a game right now who need match practice like Edmundson, Polster, Docherty, Murphy.  Or are we not allowed to do that?

Looking at the fixtures that might not be the case. Scotland 19s have no game and the 21s are the night before. I wouldn't be shocked if we have approached FAs not to select players. I'll get a definitive answer tonight. Can only play a limited number of overage players.

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

No Scotland or NI under 19 fixtures is the reason this goes ahead. None of the boys get selected for the under 21s.

Atakayi has never been called up to Finland under 21s.

Kieran Wright does.

I've also noticed another wee quirk too. Josh McPake and any other loanee (who isn't cup tied) could play - based on my quick reading of the rules on the bus earlier.

Archived