Colts Host Wrexham At Ibrox - 16th Nov at 3pm

Ace

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, badjon said:

I assume this won't be broadcast only highlights? 

@The Dude Saying it's the 3pm blackout. Makes you wonder why they didn't move it ko timewise?

BBC Alba wanted to show a different game and the SPFL wanted all three other quarters to take place on the Saturday afternoon. The last round saw us play Solihull three or four weeks after the rest of the games were played and they were keen to avoid that happening this time so they can organise the semis.

5 hours ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

I think folk are being a bit unrealistic as to what would be a good crowd for this as it is still a youth game at the end of the day.

5-10k would be a good crowd, expecting 20-30k is unrealistic IMO. 

Seen 8k at a midweek youth OF cup game.

If Rangers promoted it a bit more it would be helpful. I've not even had an email about it ffs.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

BBC Alba wanted to show a different game and the SPFL wanted all three other quarters to take place on the Saturday afternoon. The last round saw us play Solihull three or four weeks after the rest of the games were played and they were keen to avoid that happening this time so they can organise the semis.

So match scheduling beat TV money? 

Got to be a first...

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Not even comparable tbf

I know, but nothing else is. 

I don't see why we couldn't get a decent crowd for this. Ibrox 3pm on a Saturday when theres no league football on tv. 500 coming up from Wrexham, so their fans seem to be keen. Why wouldn't ours...

Just now, TheCutch said:

How much do you think Alba pay for this cup ffs? 😂😂

Obviously not much, but how much do the the SFA (or whoever it goes to) bring in? 

The game is already paid for, why not jump at the chance to promote the cup and Scottish football in general? 

Doesn't make sense to me. 

11 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

So match scheduling beat TV money? 

Got to be a first...

No. BBC Alba's contract allows them to show one game. They only wanted to show one game and are showing one game. Nobody else has shown any wish to show it live and afaik, the club have no interest or desire to do so either.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

No. BBC Alba's contract allows them to show one game. They only wanted to show one game and are showing one game. Nobody else has shown any wish to show it live and afaik, the club have no interest or desire to do so either.

1 game in total, or 1 game per round? I'm guessing it's the former going by what you said about them all being on at the same time?

Archived