Intimidating atmosphere

Escobar

9 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

What about the guy next go me who follows the team up and down the country and abroad but has to get to his work to start a Nightshift and leaves usually around the 80 minute mark yet usually squeezes an extra couple of minutes extra in despite it possibly effecting his timing for work, is he allowed to head out early or has he to hand his ticket back?

Not talking about just last night. It happens every single game (apart from the tarriers,funnily enough)

Most folk make the decision to leave early to beat the queues 

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stay to the end every time unless it's an utter shitshow, ok I'm only over by Kelvinbridge so its not far for me. Those who leave early for genuine reasons such as the examples above that's fair enough but those who leave so they can get to the pub early or save 2 minutes in their cars, I just don't get that. Each to their own though but I don't think its helpful to tar all early leavers with the same brush

1 minute ago, MisterC said:

I stay to the end every time unless it's an utter shitshow, ok I'm only over by Kelvinbridge so its not far for me. Those who leave early for genuine reasons such as the examples above that's fair enough but those who leave so they can get to the pub early or save 2 minutes in their cars, I just don't get that. Each to their own though but I don't think its helpful to tar all early leavers with the same brush

It’s not 2 minutes in the car but, it’s a lot longer at times. Not that I leave early

6 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

We are 2-0 up against Porto and people still leave in droves before the final whistle. Boils my piss how folk can't fucking wait till its over. Stay till the final whistle and show your appreciation to the team. 

Atmosphere wasn't great until we started getting on the front foot, need to get behind the team more when it's not going great. For anyone to say the lack of atmosphere earlier on was anything to do with the celtic result is talking utter fucking dug shite. 

Is it possible some have trains and busses to catch?

18 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Not talking about just last night. It happens every single game (apart from the tarriers,funnily enough)

Most folk make the decision to leave early to beat the queues 

I left the tarriers at half time, yet stayed against Livingston, do I hand kind back?

Every midweek game unless he is off the guy next to me has to leave. 

It used to bother me till i got older and realised that people have real lives away from the football

13 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I think the display on the park may have had an effect on the crowd off the park.  As soon as we got the finger ot, the crowd seemed to wake up and go balistic for the rest of the game.

Some of the shite from the stands in the first five mins was a disgrace mate 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

I left the tarriers at half time, yet stayed against Livingston, do I hand kind back?

It used to bother me till i got older and realised that people have real lives away from the football

As said, with some folk it’s understandable. 

But 25,000 to empty the stadium to go to pubs, shops etc isn’t on in my book

1 hour ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Folk trying to justify leaving early can beat it. Was the same at Hampden.

Brechin away 6 years ago we dreamed of nights like last night and folk want to fk off early for the bus/train/bevy? Absolute embarrassment. 

Just hand yer ticket in if ye want to leave at 80 mins when we are 2-0 up vs Porto. There’s thousands that would love to be there in yer place.

I show my appreciation to the team by spending over a grand on tickets before November. 

The thousands you are talking about have had plenty of opportunity over the years to purchase a season ticket if they wanted to be there that bad. 

Cunts talking about the atmosphere from their TV should piss you off more than people wanting to get up the road a wee bit earlier imo

9 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

What about people that have flights and boats booked and have to leave so they don't miss them?

The Joy's of being an Northern Irish based bear,know boys who go home and away from here and no idea how...

Bus for normal 3pm kick offs...

Bus leaves coleraine 0530... last boat home, in the door 0000, amount boys that take days off and use holidays is crazy. More so ones wi families 🙈

6 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

The Joy's of being an Northern Irish based bear,know boys who go home and away from here and no idea how...

Bus for normal 3pm kick offs...

Bus leaves coleraine 0530... last boat home, in the door 0000, amount boys that take days off and use holidays is crazy. More so ones wi families 🙈

My holidays in work nearly all get fucked by Rangers games

Our fixture list comes out it's a race to get into work first because there's celtic ones trying to book dates off too at the same time. The split happening is a fucking nightmare 

9 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

What about the guy next go me who follows the team up and down the country and abroad but has to get to his work to start a Nightshift and leaves usually around the 80 minute mark yet usually squeezes an extra couple of minutes extra in despite it possibly effecting his timing for work, is he allowed to head out early or has he to hand his ticket back?

There is maybe going to be at most, 1500-2000 who have genuine reason to leave early, due to work or catching last train home. Large majority of cunts leaving early is to get home 10-15 minutes early. 

Half the stadium not even applauding the team off the park is a fucking embarrassment mate. 

13 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Our fixture list comes out it's a race to get into work first because there's celtic ones trying to book dates off too at the same time. The split happening is a fucking nightmare 

Thank fuck I work on my own lol apart from covering west Belfast 🙈

22 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Is this you vouching for this guy now?  You took your time...

Why do folk always moan about fans leaving before the whistle? They've payed their hard earned money which is more than you can say for many, they can leave when they please. And whether it's to beat the line at the subway or pub or for whatever reason that's their prerogative.

I'd rather have a full stadium in full voice with some leaving early than a half empty stadium for 90 minutes like you see in many of these European games these days, we should be grateful to have such a massive loyal fanbase instead of cunts moaning about someone leaving early 

9 hours ago, Rum Ham said:

I show my appreciation to the team by spending over a grand on tickets before November. 

The thousands you are talking about have had plenty of opportunity over the years to purchase a season ticket if they wanted to be there that bad. 

Cunts talking about the atmosphere from their TV should piss you off more than people wanting to get up the road a wee bit earlier imo

Fair fucks mate. I’ve chilled out a bit since the game. Everyone is different but it genuinely heartbreaks me to see the stadium empty at that time. 

Everyone is different and I’ll accept that now. 

Hope none of the long distance travellers took offence but it genuinely didn’t mean to come across like that.

1 hour ago, fanaticCR said:

There is maybe going to be at most, 1500-2000 who have genuine reason to leave early, due to work or catching last train home. Large majority of cunts leaving early is to get home 10-15 minutes early. 

Half the stadium not even applauding the team off the park is a fucking embarrassment mate. 

This is my point 100%. Maybe didn’t come across like that the first time.  

9 minutes ago, Willis said:

Why were they not there then?

Leave it mate, what will be will be. 

If folk want to leave games early so be it, not my cuppa tea but there’s too many to change the mentality. 

Got to understand my frustrations - Brechin away 6 years ago in extra time. ‘I’d love a euro night at Ibrox again’ - leaves early once we are back on top again. 

Semi final - fantastic performance, team turn round at the end of the game and see a empty stand, just absolutely heartbreaking.

11 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

11 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Just name the cunt mate. He sounds a really nice guy. 😁

Cant believe you managed to knock that guy in front's glasses off, and knock his hearing aid out at Alfies goal. 😂😂😂 

Hooligan imo. 

1 minute ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Leave it mate, what will be will be. 

If folk want to leave games early so be it, not my cuppa tea but there’s too many to change the mentality. 

Got to understand my frustrations - Brechin away 6 years ago in extra time. ‘I’d love a euro night at Ibrox again’ - leaves early once we are back on top again. 

Semi final - fantastic performance, team turn round at the end of the game and see a empty stand, just absolutely heartbreaking.

I was there too mate, but folk have the right do to as they please, I was even going to say that many of them probably sat thru many of those games too. 

As I said above at least we have a full stadium to begin with. 

It just annoys me that theres plenty of folk with excuses for not even being at the game who will moan at folk leaving early

18 hours ago, gogzy said:

I think the display on the park may have had an effect on the crowd off the park.  As soon as we got the finger ot, the crowd seemed to wake up and go balistic for the rest of the game.

Spot on , we react to what we see on the park and for an hour we were shite so the atmosphere was not what it should have been , we were second to every ball. The place went mad when we scored and started to play better........

I don't see the point leaving early unless you absolutely have to, you may just miss the best goal ever. Plus im tight so if ive paid £37 to see a game im wanting my moneys worth. No way on Thursday night were all those who left early going to work. We were in the process of achieving one of the best results in years and they were nipping off early. I just cant get my head round it if im honest.

Archived