Back Gerrard

Boyd9her

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Greg Stewart should be in his office and telling him to fuck off.

I know someone who is reasonably close to him, apparently he was absolutely distraught to not start against Aberdeen and then have Ojo come on ahead of him. 

For whatever reason Gerrard doesn’t seem to fancy/trust him, yet he’s exactly the kind of player we needed in that game and today to replace Kamara and swap into RW with Aribo

I’m disappointed today in how the team played against ten men.

I know it’s difficult to break down two organised banks of four, but our game went to shit compared to how we had been playing. I assume we train for that scenario but it just looked like we had no idea what to do today once it happened.

He earns his money in the next four games. We will see what type of effect he has on this playing group by our reaction to today.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I’d rather win and be dominated than loss and dominate

Theres more chance of us winning if we dominate. Its happened last season when we did win. So gutted as I am, I'll take us dominating every time as odds on we'll win more than we lose.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Theres more chance of us winning if we dominate. Its happened last season when we did win. So gutted as I am, I'll take us dominating every time as odds on we'll win more than we lose.

Of course, but not one of them will care that they were dominated.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

I’m disappointed today in how the team played against ten men.

I know it’s difficult to break down two organised banks of four, but we looked clueless as soon as it happened. Our game went to shit compared to how we had been playing.

He earns his money in the next four games. We will see what type of effect he has on this playing group by our reaction to today.

Dont know if it was the impact of them going to 10, or  missing the pen was too deflating and we couldn't fight back from. 

The fact we didn't really get at them (their rolling about half deid and keeper time wasting made it difficult) was really disappointing. Chance was undoubtedly there.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Dont know if it was the impact of them going to 10, or  missing the pen was too deflating and we couldn't fight back from. 

The fact we didn't really get at them (their rolling about half deid and keeper time wasting made it difficult) was really disappointing. Chance was undoubtedly there.

Yeah missing the penalty didn’t help but we went into the shell of how we play against teams who defend in banks of five and four or four and five. Sideways and slow, no real width.

Its continually disappointing. Need to stretch play, get them running, proper movement. It just didn’t happen.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Of course, but not one of them will care that they were dominated.

No i know. Winning is everything. I just tend to think that a couple of seasons ago we were being dominated and losing 4 and 5 goals. Now we've shown capable of beating them at home, dominating at neutral venue, done really well away until unforced error cost us. So if we keep dominating and improve on quality in final 3rd I reckon we'll do far better than being dominated in future games. 

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

It’s not even that Morelos didn’t have the end product. He’s hit the target for a good few efforts that on another day a keeper doesn’t stop. 

Pen was a shitter. Gerrard can’t really legislate for that. 

ironically Morelos scores the penalty he'f have got two or three  -- wan o they days

4 hours ago, Boyd9her said:

Lots of negativity here, we battered them,  let’s get behind the manager who has brought the club a long way 

Correct mate.  Utterly bizzare game but you’re right 

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Yeah missing the penalty didn’t help but we went into the shell of how we play against teams who defend in banks of five and four or four and five. Sideways and slow, no real width.

Its continually disappointing. Need to stretch play, get them running, proper movement. It just didn’t happen.

It was like we went to a sort of weird 4-4-2 but with no idea of how to play it.

9 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

It was like we went to a sort of weird 4-4-2 but with no idea of how to play it.

Completely lost all composure after the penalty miss. I don’t recall Defoe touching the ball or anything being created at all.

3 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Completely lost all composure after the penalty miss. I don’t recall Defoe touching the ball or anything being created at all.

How I seen it mate. After the miss heads dropped and our players didn't seem to have any ideas. 

It's unfortunately not the first time we've seen it happen. 

13 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

The referee might as well have blown the whistle and finished the game when we missed the penalty because we were never scoring after that. It killed us.

Archived