It's not dubai, or the players, its the system

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s the players , I don’t care what your roll is labelled In the team ,if there’s glaring opportunities in games to be positive but you point blank refuse like Glen Kamara there’s no excuse , “it’s not his job” absolutely pish 

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

It’s the players , I don’t care what your roll is labelled In the team ,if there’s glaring opportunities in games to be positive but you point blank refuse like Glen Kamara there’s no excuse , “it’s not his job” absolutely pish 

Unless he is coached  out of that cause of the system

54 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

For me mate it's disbelief the same shite is happening again. 

Gerrard said lessons were learned from last season.  Today showed they haven't been. 

No lessons have been learned. Same old shite mate

I can't help but think that something has happened behind the scenes. Either in Dubai or after. Look how tight knit a group we were before and after beating the tims. Everyone pulling together, running through walls and busting a gut for the cause. 

Fast forward 3 weeks or so and the difference is staggering. Lethargic displays, no fight/bottle.  Manager sitting back accepting results rather than trying to gee up his players and tell them to get stuck in!  It's as if there's something gone on somewhere. 

1 minute ago, theiconicman said:

You on drugs?

We're talking about when teams park 10 players within 25 years of the goal. Keep up ffs.

No mate. Not on drugs.

Kent is a winger. He’s far more effective from the wing. Running at players, give and go, slipping it through shots from distance - all from the wing.

The idea that wingers only cross is bollocks.

Square peg in a round hole when occupying the #10 slot.

I suggest it is you who is on drugs 😂

For me it's a mental thing. It always has been largely. We work ourselves into a position where we suddenly have something to lose - level on points last year, top of the league this year vs hearts on October or two behind celtic with a game in hand and we struggle. It's not done yet, but if we slip again  before they do - we're fucked.

2 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Kent can hardly beat a single man at the moment. You think he can drive from the wing, through the LB, through the LM, through the CM and CH?

Nae problem.

See I do think he skips by opposition players quite frequently but his passing/decision making after doing so isn't good enough just now.

1 hour ago, theiconicman said:

Its not the system, we've destroyed teams playing that system, its that we have under performing players and they need dropped

Davis

Kamara

Aribo

Kent

You are not going to win games when 4 of your 6 attacking players are playing shit.

I wasn't saying its a shit system. I agree we have destroyed teams playing that system but we need to be able to adapt, either when its not going our way or play a different system to keep teams guessing. The problem we have is who do we bring in if we drop them 4? We haven't got the depth of squad and for whatever reason Gerrard just doesn't fancy some players eg. Jones, Docherty, and favours others when they've done next to nothing eg. Ojo. 

20 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Kent can hardly beat a single man at the moment. You think he can drive from the wing, through the LB, through the LM, through the CM and CH?

Nae problem.

Dont think thats true. He can beat one or two. Any more he will struggle. I think the midfield abd strikers are not drawing enough players  or giving him options. We play footbal like some sort of rigid process

I don't think Kent is experienced enough to play as an no 10 yet, playing as a winger he at least draws a couple of players to double up on him which makes space for others.

We're also slow at making the right passes, decisions and decisive runs to split defenses that result in goals, usually taking the lazy way out with a side or back pass.

6 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

433 with 2 or 3 sitting midfielders is fucking brutal and when teams suss it out we struggle, last week against hearts it was the "lop sided" formation, well it wasnt fucking lopsided today and we were still fucking shite

Our system and style against teams sitting in is so passive it's bordering on negative, any defender loves to see a team pass it sideways in front of them, theres no directness, no adventure, no guile in our play, we play a system that relies on its fucking fullbacks to be the attacking spark, 

Thats fine if you play against teams that open up, but against 10 goal side players the fullback gets down the line, looks up, sees one blue shirt in the box, either throws it in hoping for the best or turns back and passes back and we start again with us facing ten players

Get davis to fuck, he stifles everyone else in that team, have one sitting mid to break up opponents breakaways and play 4 high up the park midfielders, 

Have two wide men stay wide, stretch the opposition defence, create gaps between centre halves and fullbacks that allows runners from centre mid to burst into, force the opposition to defend facing their goal

Change it up, be unpredictable, teams right now read us like a fucking book and it always has the same fucking shitey ending, 

Absolutely agree with every point, just wish our management team could see this.

6 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

If one of our midfielders makes a forward run off the ball its tracked. All that run achieves is dragging another body into an already crowded area.

I don't understand how something this simple is lost on our support.

Was arfields run tracked against County when he ran onto defoes flick? 

Don't get the abuse Davis is getting on here,he's our DEFENSIVE MF,he's doing his job.You can argue he's not making the best passes or he's over playing the ball to the front men but he breaks up a lot of the opposition's forward play. Go back to the Tattiedome and we'd have lost that had Davis not been defending. He's restricted is his forward passing because there's little movement up front,whoever are playing the 10/8 roles should always be making themselves available,hopefully we get that wi Hagi.

4 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Don't get the abuse Davis is getting on here,he's our DEFENSIVE MF,he's doing his job.You can argue he's not making the best passes or he's over playing the ball to the front men but he breaks up a lot of the opposition's forward play. Go back to the Tattiedome and we'd have lost that had Davis not been defending. He's restricted is his forward passing because there's little movement up front,whoever are playing the 10/8 roles should always be making themselves available,hopefully we get that wi Hagi.

You are only as good as your last game when you play for Rangers mate. Steve Davis hasn't kicked a ball in 2020. 

1 hour ago, frenv said:

re: the Dubai trip, Polster didn't travel there at all (getting married, I think) and has coincidentially been one of the few players earning pass marks since the turn of the year.

Dont get the praise for polster, just cause he flies up and down the wing means nothing

Archived