Arfield

fernando0606

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, TMB said:

Arfield started the season in one of those number 10 roles.  He wasn’t creating or scoring so was pulled out of it.  

Good today, but he’s been poor this season. Certainly not the same player he was last year.  

Asking him to drift inside didnt suit him, making runs from centre mid and his battling qualities in the middle of the park suit him so much better 

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Asking him to drift inside didnt suit him, making runs from centre mid and his battling qualities in the middle of the park suit him so much better 

It seemed to suit him at the end of last season.  After the split he was brilliant.  Sadly, that form didn't carry in to this season and he quickly lost his position.

Thought Arfields general play today was pretty meh. Put in a shift as always, got a few interceptions in, but didnt think his involvement in our attacking play was anything great.

Scored from a penalty rebound which fortunately came back to him after a poor initial strike, and scored a screamer tbf. Just thought he was average in terms of what he brought to our moving the ball, probing, being on front foot etc.

Goals rather than general play got him pass marks imho.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Thought Arfields general play today was pretty meh. Put in a shift as always, got a few interceptions in, but didnt think his involvement in our attacking play was anything great.

Scored from a penalty rebound which fortunately came back to him after a poor initial strike, and scored a screamer tbf. Just thought he was average in terms of what he brought to our moving the ball, probing, being on front foot etc.

Goals rather than general play got him pass marks imho.

Rubbish. He was attacking in every sense. Every pass was a forward pass not sideways. He got pass marks for sure. 7 out of 10 from me.

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Rubbish. He was attacking in every sense. Every pass was a forward pass not sideways. He got pass marks for sure. 7 out of 10 from me.

Every pass was a forward pass? Really? Every pass?

What would he gave got without his 2 goals?

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So you mark a player out of 10 but dont consider assists and goals? Strange, but ok.

The pre match thread was " what an awful midfield" 

They were the best three players on the field. Not spectacular but good.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

The pre match thread was " what an awful midfield" 

They were the best three players on the field. Not spectacular but good.

Nothing to do with what I just asked you.

7 / 10 but not even taking into account goals including a worldie.  Strange.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Nothing to do with what I just asked you.

7 / 10 but not even taking into account goals including a worldie.  Strange.

I'm not sure where you are going. I give his performance a 7 out of 10 including his two goals.

Archived