Arfield

fernando0606

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

Scott gives his all , unlike other more technical gifted players who can ghost through games ( law style ) . 

I still expect him to be here next season but hope hes patched the Canada games to much travelling .

Gives his all so would anyone on this forum he's not good enough needs sold. 

8 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We introduced Hagi, seemed to tweak it slightly, and won. Something to build on there.

By contrast we could introduce a new formation for the full squad,  withdraw our 2 key assisters for 2 lesser ones, and have less players in advanced positions. By the looks of it to have Kent and Aribo hit the bye line rather than Borna and Tav.

I'm not saying it wouldnt work. I'm saying the risk of him doing it rather than building on a lesser tweak is madness at this stage of the season if it goes wrong.

7 points behind, game in hand, league still in our hands and all that.

How would we have less players in the advanced positions, 2 wingers playing high up on the fullbacks and 2 attacking centre mids linking with morelos, 5 people in the final 3rd with another mid and 2 fullbacks supporting

As for our fullbacks being 2 key assisters, its a misleading stat given they take all the set pieces and our formation is built around them creating in the final 3rd and no one else

33 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

How would we have less players in the advanced positions, 2 wingers playing high up on the fullbacks and 2 attacking centre mids linking with morelos, 5 people in the final 3rd with another mid and 2 fullbacks supporting

As for our fullbacks being 2 key assisters, its a misleading stat given they take all the set pieces and our formation is built around them creating in the final 3rd and no one else

All you've described is what we have but fullbacks 'supporting' whilst the wingers are the main thrust of the attack. That varies from now in that the full back are absolutely central to our attacking formation. So it appears we lose the full backs as attacking threat to support.  So it's your 5 rather than our current 7 the way we are set to play. Or if you include the full backs rather than say they are just supporting, then really it's like for like numbers wise but a formation change to have a different positional player (winger) cross rather than who often does it now (full back).

It's still a formational change that is new to the whole squad at a time we simply cant afford to drop points. And one folk would call for his head if it went wrong.

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

All you've described is what we have but fullbacks 'supporting' whilst the wingers are the main thrust of the attack. That varies from now in that the full back are absolutely central to our attacking formation. So it appears we lose the full backs as attacking threat to support.  So it's your 5 rather than our current 7 the way we are set to play. Or if you include the full backs rather than say they are just supporting, then really it's like for like numbers wise but a formation change to have a different positional player (winger) cross rather than who often does it now (full back).

It's still a formational change that is new to the whole squad at a time we simply cant afford to drop points. And one folk would call for his head if it went wrong.

We absolutely do not have 7 attackers right now, if we are supposed to then it isnt happening 

The issue i have with how we set up the now is that we are asking the main attacking players to be support and the supporting attacking players to be the main role, others may not be but i think we'd be so much more dangerous with the likes of kent and aribo driving at fullbacks than tav and barisic

Hell id even try two up front to help create more chances in and around that box morelos as the main battering ram up front while someone peeling off going into the space he creates 

55 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We absolutely do not have 7 attackers right now, if we are supposed to then it isnt happening 

The issue i have with how we set up the now is that we are asking the main attacking players to be support and the supporting attacking players to be the main role, others may not be but i think we'd be so much more dangerous with the likes of kent and aribo driving at fullbacks than tav and barisic

Hell id even try two up front to help create more chances in and around that box morelos as the main battering ram up front while someone peeling off going into the space he creates 

When we're in and around the 18 yard box theres generally our keeper back, 2 centre halves covering a forward, and a midfielder slightly deeper. The rest are in and around the 18 yard box.   Even if you dont agree, whatever we have shown in attack numbers so far, all you're doing is getting Aribo/ Kent wide rather than inside, and Tav / Borna supporting rather than in the mix. Anyways, I'm bored of this hypothetical strategy what if.

Again 2 up front could work but its riskier a change of formation than building on midweek 2nd half with Hagi playing the 10 role.

Again, change formation and drop points and folk call for his head.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Just tell him to drop as deep as the centre halves and either pass it sideways or clip it over the top to no one, then he'll be lauded as one of our best players

Granted, Davis has been very average at best so far in 2020 but he has had some great MOTM performances this season. You are being overly critical on him.

21 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I think I was the only one praising him on this thread. Hopefully people get off his back. He has been on good form so far in 2020.

Many on here still on his back but I agree with you he's been gradually getting better recently and not as bad as many are making out.

Just now, bluenoz said:

You were? I thought you were too busy putting the boots into Davis. lol

All week ive been championing arfield to play the number 10 role, making runs and linking with morelos, plus im sure i bloody quoted you and defended him lol

Yeah i did stick the boot into davis, still stand by that, he slows us down way too much lol

Arfield started the season in one of those number 10 roles.  He wasn’t creating or scoring so was pulled out of it.  

Good today, but he’s been poor this season. Certainly not the same player he was last year.  

Archived