Our high press....

beararse

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GA1972 said:

Still in the Dubai desert after he ran the players into the ground during the winter ‘break’

This is my fear too. There is no other logical argument for their lethargy after what we seen first half of the season. 

6 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Still in the Dubai desert after he ran the players into the ground during the winter ‘break’

Certainly seems like that on the face of it....

They cunts come back from Dubai and run amok.

We come back a busted flush.

2 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

About 30 yards away from our own goal line.

Talking  of which, just because the rules have changed doesn’t mean it’s obligatory to receive a ball from McGregor in our  box.

Get it up the fucking pitch.

It's a fair point. I think that's the biggest problem lately is we are 30 yards too deep. Look at the shift when we go chasing a game how high we play.

I don't buy this burnt out shite but with our sqaud size. The tarriers have the same off season schedule as us and they have a by-polar coke heed running around up front.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You can only do a high press if you work hard they haven’t worked hard since they beat ScumFC. 

Player and management celebrated like  we’d won the league that day...been shite ever since.

8 minutes ago, kanjo said:

This is my fear too. There is no other logical argument for their lethargy after what we seen first half of the season. 

If that is true, then that is the 2nd season in a row that they have done that.

Gross mismanagement of the health of the players.

Needs his arse kicked for it, along with Beale and Co.

Once, fair enough, it's an error of judgement,  twice is complete and total negligence.

Thanks Stevie 👏

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

It's a fair point. I think that's the biggest problem lately is we are 30 yards too deep. Look at the shift when we go chasing a game how high we play.

I don't buy this burnt out shite but with our sqaud size. The tarriers have the same off season schedule as us and they have a by-polar coke heed running around up front.

Neither do I, a professional footballer should be able run all game.....that’s the minimum requirement for a player.

Candeias put in a superhuman effort when it came to pressing opposition defenders.  It’s a key part of how we want to play.  Say what you will about the guy but his work ethic was second to none.  Getting rid of him and brining in Ojo  has been a mistake.

Just now, TMB said:

Candeias put in a superhuman effort when it came to pressing opposition defenders.  It’s a key part of how we want to play.  Say what you will about the guy but his work ethic was second to none.  Getting rid of him and brining in His no has been a mistake.

Still don't get letting him go for next to nothing man

If we still had him OR had signed a reliable replacement down the right we could play Hagi in behind Morelos where he'd be much more effective IMO

Incredible that he left because Gerrard couldn't promise him games, then we have bums like Ojo and Barker in the squad

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

The front 3 press like fuck and so does Aribo, but nobody else is backing it up so teams are just passing around them

Defence and rest of the midfield far too deep

Agree, especially the back up, but there has a been a noticeable  difference in our pressing up front. We still attempt it but nowhere near the same intensity.

19 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

I can't believe that people are still coming out with this nonsense, if we stayed at home and gave them time off to rest their bodies then the first poor result would see this place in meltdown for the players not being fit enough, fuck me the vermin are flying just now after going to Dubai, our momentum was broken with the break and the 3 game suspension on Morelos has effected his performance levels also.

10 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I can't believe that people are still coming out with this nonsense, if we stayed at home and gave them time off to rest their bodies then the first poor result would see this place in meltdown for the players not being fit enough, fuck me the vermin are flying just now after going to Dubai, our momentum was broken with the break and the 3 game suspension on Morelos has effected his performance levels also.

Apparently  we’ve only scored 1 and conceded 4 in the last 30 minutes of games since the break, whereas in the first half of the season  no team had scored more goals in the last 15 minutes than us IIRC.

The players look like they are running on empty because we are now running out of steam before the end of games and the stats and are results are  showing that.

From what we’ve seem since coming back do you think running them into the ground in the desert has looked like it’s been beneficial?

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Apparently  we’ve only scored 1 and conceded 4 in the last 30 minutes of games since the break, whereas in the first half of the season  no team had scored more goals in the last 15 minutes than us IIRC.

The players look like they are running on empty because we are now running out of steam before the end of games and the stats and are results are  showing that.

From what we’ve seem since coming back do you think running them into the ground in the desert has looked like it’s been beneficial?

Who says they got run into the ground?

Unless someone was at every training session and witnessed this supposed running into the ground then I see it more a weeks training in a warmer climate.

If there are quotes from players suggesting this was the case then I can only apologise 

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Unless someone was at every training session and witnessed this supposed running into the ground then I see it more a weeks training in a warmer climate.

If there are quotes from players suggesting this was the case then I can only apologise 

The club posted videos on social media of them doing running drills (I cant remember the exact name of the drill) are renowned for being brutal.

5 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I know a pal of one of the players, and he said and I quote " we were fucked after coming back from Dubai" I just laughed , but I'm beginning to think it's true now

Archived