Will it make a difference if we beat Leverkusen next Thursday?

j1mgg

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One things for sure.....if we miraculously got to the final in gdansk....I'm willing to bet 95% of the posters who apparently don't give a fuck will be wanting a ticket for the final....I've seriously never heard as much nonsense.....whatever happened to WE ARE Rangers AND WE SHOULD WANT TO WIN EVERY TROPHY WE ENTER😂😂😂

I'm sure the automatic champions league spot and £35million won't be welcome either??

3 hours ago, hammer93 said:

One things for sure.....if we miraculously got to the final in gdansk....I'm willing to bet 95% of the posters who apparently don't give a fuck will be wanting a ticket for the final....I've seriously never heard as much nonsense.....whatever happened to WE ARE Rangers AND WE SHOULD WANT TO WIN EVERY TROPHY WE ENTER😂😂😂

I'm sure the automatic champions league spot and £35million won't be welcome either??

We should want to win every trophy we enter

Literally yesterday we had cunts on here saying who gives a fuck about the cups they'd rather go one round further in europe than the tarriers, when i said id swap the win over braga for the league cup and to still be in the scottish

10 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Literally yesterday we had cunts on here saying who gives a fuck about the cups they'd rather go one round further in europe than the tarriers, when i said id swap the win over braga for the league cup and to still be in the scottish

100%

I think we will lose the first by a few on this occasion and get the same in return 1-5 on agg

The scum, may give us a doing for new year as their tails will up ,while our contemptible garbage that isTav and Goldson  will probably make sure it’s an embarrassment 

Probably still play until the of the season and beyond though 

Not one bit confident and my feeling is that these next few weeks could be the worst under SG and the most humiliating 

6 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I've honestly never heard as much garbage with posters claiming they couldn't give a fuck about winning a European trophy.....really a feat we have achieved only once was getting rubbished cause they yearn domestic success....yes we all want to win the league but this whole 9/10 in a row issue is affecting our judgement as to what direction we want to head, I get managers are judged on silverware but would winning the league cup in December appease our mood this morning as we languish 13pts adrift....I doubt it very much, stopping them doing 9 before 10 was always the aim this season, Gerrards time looks up but be careful what we wish for also as any new manager will still have to work with the fuck wits that constantly make mistakes and under perform.

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

I've honestly never heard as much garbage with posters claiming they couldn't give a fuck about winning a European trophy.....really a feat we have achieved only once was getting rubbished cause they yearn domestic success....yes we all want to win the league but this whole 9/10 in a row issue is affecting our judgement as to what direction we want to head, I get managers are judged on silverware but would winning the league cup in December appease our mood this morning as we languish 13pts adrift....I doubt it very much, stopping them doing 9 before 10 was always the aim this season, Gerrards time looks up but be careful what we wish for also as any new manager will still have to work with the fuck wits that constantly make mistakes and under perform.

Dunno if the posters said about winning a euro trophy, but defo the dude said he'd prefer to be where we are the now over my choice of losing to braga but having the league cup in the cabinet and still in the scottish

Beating Leverkusen is highly unlikely but would be amazing if it happened.  We’d be in the quarter finals of a European competition.  Plus, the prize money is an additional 1.5m plus gate receipts.  That money isn’t small potato’s for a club like ours.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Guy has a a point, it would take a footballing miracle bigger than Greece winning the euros for us to win the europa league, so focusing on that seems bonkers when its affecting us domestically 

How is it affecting us domestically?  We had how many qualifiers and group matches prior to Christmas and had only dropped 7 league points prior to the winter break.

In your opinion it’s affecting the team but there’s no basis for it.

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

How is it affecting us domestically?  We had how many qualifiers and group matches prior to Christmas and had only dropped 7 league points prior to the winter break.

In your opinion it’s affecting the team but there’s no basis for it.

Because, and yeah it's my opinion, the team doesnt know how to play two ways, one for europe, where were up against it, see less of the ball etc, and at home where we have all the ball, more pressure to win etc

If they werent in europe they maybe could have figured out domestically earlier in January and what to do to change it before our season went tits up

23 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Guy has a a point, it would take a footballing miracle bigger than Greece winning the euros for us to win the europa league, so focusing on that seems bonkers when its affecting us domestically 

There's definitely a good point there and I think we are unlikely to get past Leverkusen on this form. I also dont think Europa and poor domestic form is related. We are a good team in europe because that's the way we play. The comeback at home happened because we had so much space behind. Other than celtic, who we beat home and away, noone plays like that. The real issue is that we need to force defensive teams to come out and then hit at pace. It's rare that we can score from crosses from the wings because of opposition physicality. When we have the ball,  it has to be moved into space through player movement and quick passing. So many times I've watched players charge at the opposition and then stop, pause and pass sideways rather than dribble, take them on or pass forward. It becomes fish in a net and there's no room.

Archived