Games Played Behind Closed Doors.

tannerall

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, pcbear said:

How do the clubs stand due to the loss of revenue when these situations occur? a full house at any stadium will = a huge chunk of money with the ticket sales/hospitality/ food outlets/merchandise etc etc the local pubs/shops/bookies will also take a dunt, it will have a fair old knock on effect.

I believe there may be insurance liability in place for such an eventuality however I think things will go further than just ‘behind closed door’ games.

At the point the integrity of SPFL teams become compromised with players becoming ill or self isolating (which I think is inevitable) I think serious consideration has to be given to voiding the season.

Of course there will be the expected outcry from celtic and their entourage unless their team is seriously weakened endangering their title push then you know how this has to be done for the sake of ‘sporting integrity’. Slightly tongue’n cheek however a possibility all the same...

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Theoretically business interruption insurance could cover it. Not sure what the script is for pandemic events though.

I never knew there was such a thing, suppose it usually covers fire/flood etc,

14 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Was that the one where objects were being thrown from the stand, and a complete motobike was wheeled in and thrown over. 

Edit, found it, was against Atalanta at the San Siro.

That was at another Derby in 2001. Although Inter fans tried again to do it against Atalanta a few years back. 

22 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Wee Quasimodo was ringing the church bells at Notre Dame early in the morning. The bells  weren't very loud so he decided to take big runs at the big bell  thumping his head on it., 

First few times it worked, third time he slipped and  smacked his face across the bell with a loud clang,  and skidded  out the gap. plunging in to the River Seine, then drowned. 

A gendarme who was on early shift saw the body and pulled it out the river as the priest was coming in to the church for the morning service. 

The gendarme said to the priest " Do you know who this man is ?"

Priest replied "I don't know his name, but his face rings a bell"

😂

5 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Sunday is a cert to be behind closed doors imo, the way things are headed this week. 

I think this time next week it would be, this week they should be ok unless theres a dramatic uplift in numbers. 

Monday Cobra meeting will likely take more action re large gatherings as other nations have done.

14 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think this time next week it would be, this week they should be ok unless theres a dramatic uplift in numbers. 

Monday Cobra meeting will likely take more action re large gatherings as other nations have done.

Hope so mate, I want a full house behind the team at the weekend. It's just that the loonies are running the assylum now.....anything can/will happen! 

48 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Sunday is a cert to be behind closed doors imo, the way things are headed this week. 

Guaranteed that Alfie would get booked and persecuted by the media for running towards and goading the opposition fans after scoring, irrespective of where in the empty statium he was to run to.

I read today that experts reckon that the virus will PEAK NEXT WINTER! If that is the case, then there must surely be a chance of next season being thrown into turmoil as well. This has the potential (without being too dramatic) to seriously damage Scottish clubs' finances. For instance, if fans know they might not get to all or even some games, will they buy season tickets etc? Unless the football governing bodies or governments promise to cover losses, then some clubs might well disappear.

2 hours ago, tannerall said:

Was that the one where objects were being thrown from the stand, and a complete motobike was wheeled in and thrown over. 

Edit, found it, was against Atalanta at the San Siro.

Petrol heads ffs,lol

2 hours ago, Robmc1 said:

I believe there may be insurance liability in place for such an eventuality however I think things will go further than just ‘behind closed door’ games.

At the point the integrity of SPFL teams become compromised with players becoming ill or self isolating (which I think is inevitable) I think serious consideration has to be given to voiding the season.

Of course there will be the expected outcry from celtic and their entourage unless their team is seriously weakened endangering their title push then you know how this has to be done for the sake of ‘sporting integrity’. Slightly tongue’n cheek however a possibility all the same...

If only Carlsberg did corona virus 😉

Archived