Leverkusen behind closed doors

ElBufalo20

Make the 12th man count on Thursday, nick a result over there next week, if we aren't all dead from Corona, when they have no fans, through to the last 8 before the competition gets cancelled for the rest of the season and then any teams that make it to the last 8 finish the season as joint winners. 

Joint winners of the Europa League with 7 other teams, that'll never be topped. Fuck their trebles. 

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, roboscot said:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1237142891077697538.html

From a well respected friend and intensivist/A&E consultant who is currently in northern Italy:
1/ ‘I feel the pressure to give you a quick personal update about what is happening in Italy, and also give some quick direct advice about what you should do.

2/ First, Lumbardy is the most developed region in Italy and it has a extraordinary good healthcare, I have worked in Italy, UK and Aus and don’t make the mistake to think that what is happening is happening in a 3rd world country. 

3/ The current situation is difficult to imagine and numbers do not explain things at all. Our hospitals are overwhelmed by Covid-19, they are running 200% capacity 

4/ We’ve stopped all routine, all ORs have been converted to ITUs and they are now diverting or not treating all other emergencies like trauma or strokes. There are hundreds of pts with severe resp failure and many of them do not have access to anything above a reservoir mask. 

5/ Patients above 65 or younger with comorbidities are not even assessed by ITU, I am not saying not tubed, I’m saying not assessed and no ITU staff attends when they arrest. Staff are working as much as they can but they are starting to get sick and are emotionally overwhelmed. 

6/ My friends call me in tears because they see people dying in front of them and they con only offer some oxygen. Ortho and pathologists are being given a leaflet and sent to see patients on NIV. PLEASE STOP, READ THIS AGAIN AND THINK. 

7/ We have seen the same pattern in different areas a week apart, and there is no reason that in a few weeks it won’t be the same everywhere, this is the pattern: 

8/ 1)A few positive cases, first mild measures, people are told to avoid ED but still hang out in groups, everyone says not to panick
2)Some moderate resp failures and a few severe ones that need tube, but regular access to ED is significantly reduced so everything looks great 

9/ 3)Tons of patients with moderate resp failure, that overtime deteriorate to saturate ICUs first, then NIVs, then CPAP hoods, then even O2.
4)Staff gets sick so it gets difficult to cover for shifts, mortality spikes also from all other causes that can’t be treated properly. 

10/ Everything about how to treat them is online but the only things that will make a difference are: do not be afraid of massively strict measures to keep people safe, 

11/ if governments won’t do this at least keep your family safe, your loved ones with history of cancer or diabetes or any transplant will not be tubed if they need it even if they are young. By safe I mean YOU do not attend them and YOU decide who does and YOU teach them how to. 

12/ Another typical attitude is read and listen to people saying things like this and think “that’s bad dude” and then go out for dinner because you think you’ll be safe. 

13/ We have seen it, you won’t be if you don’t take it seriously. I really hope it won’t be as bad as here but prepare. 

As this shit gets real and the numbers rise, football competitions in this country and beyond become totally insignificant and go way down the priority list.  Null and void the leagues and yes there will be a meltdown initially. If the virus situation gets much worse then the meltdown over the footie cancellation soon disappears. Stay safe Bears as we are in uncharted waters.

8 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

How?

Flip that... if we were in their position & had already won the league to win 55 and stop 9IAR, then got told it was being void on a technicality there is not a chance we would roll over and accept it. 

I mean, the meltdown would be a spectacular watch but you couldn’t deny that they have a case to be awarded the title. 

Play offs for anything not set in stone would be an option, if/when it became possible.

Of course we wouldn’t just accept it.

But if you say the team at the top gets the title then who decides the European places?

Who decides who is relegated?

Who decides who is promoted?

Imagine a season Rangers are champions with 5 games spare. Is there any point playing the rest of the games? Just call the rest off and hand out the title? Of course not, a season has to be completed.

When a game is abandoned it get played again.

When a season is abandoned that’s it. Gone. And my biased get it up Timmy attitude won’t change 😂👍

9 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I hope they chuck the league and give it to Hearts or Hamilton

No logic thinking behind that but it makes me laugh in my intoxicated state

Ha ha. League will be incomplete and winner will be drawn from a hat. 

"And the 2019/20 SPFL Champions are.... Hamilton Academical"

6 minutes ago, giffnockger said:

Mental cunts still wanna travel over there because they have a flight booked just to earn extra staunch points. 

If I had booked I would still go. It's no worse in Germany than it will be here in a couple of weeks.

Nightmare for those who booked up of course. My neighbours teenage son was hyper the other day when his ticket confirmation came through, it was going to be his first Euro jaunt with his Old Man. 

I realise that this virus is a killer, however I still cannot help but feel that the Sledgehammer has been wielded a bit too soon in this matter.

8 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

It is, considering the region containing Leverkusen has 484 recorded cases of coronavirus, the highest of Germany's 16 states.

Hopefully they'll be checked before travel for symptoms.

The missus came in armed with those stats and questioned why I was going on Thursday to "mingle" with them.
pissed myself and told her it wasn't a cheese and wine affair,and I would rather "mingle" with diseased germans than mhanky mhutants. :mutley:

If the domestic season is abandoned then everything is null and void. End of story.

UEFA will likely abandon this years European competitions. I mean who is going to go to Italy ? Japan looking to postpone the Olympics. It goes on and on.

Until this virus has run it's course it's pointless pretending that events can take place as normal.

Won't be at all surprised if Sunday is the last game at Ibrox this season.

If celtic win the league before the league is cancelled then of course they would still be Champions. If they are 7 points clear with 15 points to play for then they can’t be declared champions, not a chance, tough tittie and would be the same for us. League positions for Europe would be based on last seasons finish and they would go into Champions League anyway. Pray we win on Sunday though as the closer the gap the less they have a claim of potential winners.

14 hours ago, Bears r us said:

While I agree mate, they will do very thing to get them this title. 😠

I've no doubt they will push, demand and scream for the title to be awarded. 

But it shouldn't happen. More to this than just them. Teams fighting relegation, chasing Europe and the teams in leagues below chasing promotion would be affected.

Imagine being these clubs and being told that's it because scum fc want the title confirmed. 

They were the ones that demanded sporting integrity. It should be stuck too. 

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

But it shouldn't happen. More to this than just them. Teams fighting relegation, chasing Europe and the teams in leagues below chasing promotion would be affected.

Imagine being these clubs and being told that's it because scum fc want the title confirmed. 

You should have that right mate, I just have this concern that they get what they want every time.

Did you see the quote from Doncaster a few days ago that the league would not be void. I think that came from Liewell but having said that if our league and others get stopped then surely because of the problems you have highlighted then it should be void.

A win on Sunday would also stop them getting too far ahead point wise.

7 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

They were the ones that demanded sporting integrity. It should be stuck too. 

Exactly if we make the last 8 of the Europa and get a favourable draw for the quarters and semis and it’s cancelled who’s to say we wouldn’t have won it? We will never know if that’s the case. We would just have to deal with it the same way the scum will have to deal with no league title this year.

7 minutes ago, GovanFrontSince96 said:

Exactly if we make the last 8 of the Europa and get a favourable draw for the quarters and semis and it’s cancelled who’s to say we wouldn’t have won it? We will never know if that’s the case. We would just have to deal with it the same way the scum will have to deal with no league title this year.

Agree. I mean if we win our game in hand and beat them twice then the gap is only 4 points. Cannot claim a title until it is mathematically impossible for challengers to catch you. Don't hold your breath waiting for puddle drinkers to agree although if the situation was reversed they would be screaming for it.

As to Europe the situation remains unclear although abandonment or postponement looks more likely by the day.

1 hour ago, giffnockger said:

Mental cunts still wanna travel over there because they have a flight booked just to earn extra staunch points. 

I really don't get this either. You'll lose money on your flights but you're prepared to lose even more on spending money and hotels just to watch it on the telly in a German bar, in the region of Germany with the biggest cluster of Corona virus cases??

Archived