SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

He takes more shit on here than any other poster and for the most part nothing happens to the people abusing him.

He doesn't abuse other members, even though he is a contrary fucker.

Going against the grain isn't against the rules.

Should we ban him just because some on here either can't debate him civilly, or because he goes against the majority opinion?

In a word , no. 
Everbody is entitled to their opinion as long as it’s not abusive.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bornabear said:

That doesn't mean banning thicko.

Well what does it mean then?  Because that's how I took it too?

What else could "bulletproof on here"  mean?

It reads to me like "he can post anything and not be banned"   which is simply untrue.  

Just now, gogzy said:

He takes more shit on here than any other poster and for the most part nothing happens to the people abusing him.

He doesn't abuse other members, even though he is a contrary fucker.

Going against the grain isn't against the rules.

Should we ban him just because some on here either can't debate him civilly, or because he goes against the majority opinion?

Never asked for him to be banned gogzy.

Just my opinion mate, I can't help how folk read it.

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

You just love it don’t you. You would rather argue with us on the site than do a proper journalist job. Have you heard about the scandal about all the kids being raped at the scum?  Maybe go and make a real name for yourself by investigating this and you will get some respect. For now, you are a cunt. 

I cant exactly work while on furlough.

1 minute ago, bornabear said:

Never asked for him to be banned gogzy.

Just my opinion mate, I can't help how folk read it.

Just the way you posted it mate.  It reads exactly like that.

17 minutes ago, VERITAS VOS LIBREBETS said:

Out of order - H C has just lost his Dad - fucking give it up and use your venom toward those that deserve it.

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

What does any of that have to do with my post?

Wasn't that when you were lapping it up when folks, including myself were (rightly) sending you condolences when you lost a loved one during Covid the other month. 

You can't afford someone the same respect back instead you double down on it by saying "what's that got to do with my post"

The mhanky mob across the city got handed the league on a plate with fuck all we can do about it so it’s time to shut up and concentrate on where we can hurt them most - by winning the title back this season

They can have their “9” where we weren’t even there for 4 of them and they were gifted another.  We know it wasn’t the same achievement and deep down so do they.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So.....

The arbitration result........

As expected.  More of the same shite. 

The game is rigged,  we are in the hands of the cabal and there is almost fuck all we can do about it, other than win the league and shut cunts up.

21 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So because we talk about football on a podcast, that means child abuse at celtic is relevant on a Rangers news website? What utter nonsense.

Stop mentioning Rangers. You are happy talking to celtic fans about all things celtic......except the bits they don't want you to mention. The real nonsense is someone in your position with the tools and the ability to not let this injustice be buried which they have tried to do for decades. An injustice which falls with the category of football which you write about.

We don't use that platform because it is a football podcast talking about football. We've not talked about tax on their either in the year we've been doing it.

The child abuse took place at a FOOTBALL institution involving young FOOTBALL players. What other type of journalist should cover this? The golf channel?

So because we've had a coach accused, that makes torbett etc relevant to Rangers? Then again, I'm a football journalist. Maybe - and I know this might baffle some - but I'd rather just use my 'platform' to talk about Rangers.

The fact that whenever they are mentioned in media regarding child abuse, somehow someone manages to bring up our case which is in no way as largely prolific. You say you would rather talk about Rangers, but you are happy and have been happy to talk about them.

When the BBC paedophile scandal broke out, it was fine and even encouraged to discuss it in mainstream media. Various journalists, from various backgrounds and from various outlets were discussing/reporting on it. Thank fuck it wasn't you at the BBC otherwise the story would never have broke as "you only reported on the 'antiques roadshow' and never covered anything Saville related" You have almost defended it on here, calling Rangers fans out for being obsessed etc. Shameful.

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Wasn't that when you were lapping it up when folks, including myself were (rightly) sending you condolences when you lost a loved one during Covid the other month. 

You can't afford someone the same respect back instead you double down on it by saying "what's that got to do with my post"

I absolutely can, however, given the poster I'm quoting isnt the one who suffered a bereavement, I'm not sure why I'd be offering him condolences.

Although the point remains, what exactly does his father dying have to do with me responding to him calling me a cunt? Is it carte blanche to abuse people?

53 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

That's it done with good concentrate on the football now can't wait till 12:30Saturday

Tip my hat at your positivity mate but we fine know we’re no getting a fair crack at the whip in this coming season , the minute we become a threat the outrageous decisions will begin again , it’s all to far gone on and off the park, we have no authority in this country whatsoever and I blame Rangers FC , the constant weakness to fight back has caused us to be trampled on time and time again , the only time the club flexes any kind of muscle is to fleece the support/customers 

24 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Tell me more about doing a 'real journalist job'.

According to @eejay the dj though I do earn my coin coming on here, eh pal?

A real journalist makes me read something new. Not yesterday's news that you basically copy and paste. I can do that.

A real journalist is always trying to get an exclusive. Not spending hours upon hours of your 'working day' acting smug with fellow bears on social media.

A real journalist is chapping on wee Budge's door right now looking for exclusive comments.

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

I almost never discuss the celtic stuff on the pod beyond me tking a few wee digs at them.

I would suggest that investigation of criminal offences is left to crime reporters rather than sports ones. Same as I would leave writing about the tax affairs of football clubs to tax experts. I know that's maybe a bold stance to take.

I can't remember seeing the BBC's F1 reporter reporting on child abuse at football clubs. Mustve missed that one.

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

Tip my hat at your positivity mate but we fine know we’re no getting a fair crack at the whip in this coming season , the minute we become a threat the outrageous decisions will begin again , it’s all to far gone on and off the park, we have no authority in this country whatsoever and I blame Rangers FC , the constant weakness to fight back has caused us to be trampled on time and time again , the only time the club flexes any kind of muscle is to fleece the support/customers 

Spot on.  To win the league we need to beat the tarriers, the refs, the spfl and the sfa.

Easy peasy.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I can't remember seeing the BBC's F1 reporter reporting on child abuse at football clubs. Mustve missed that one.

But I bet if there was a child abuse scandal at McLaren's F1 you would see him report on that.....Oh wait, what if he writes for Mercedes, would he ignore it?

Don't know how you walk with all these times you've shot yourself in the foot.

Just now, bluenoz said:

A real journalist makes me read something new. Not yesterday's news that you basically copy and paste. I can do that.

A real journalist is always trying to get a exclusive. Not spending hours upon hours of your 'working day' acting smug with fellow bears on social media.

A real journalist is chapping on wee Budge's door right now looking for exclusive comments.

I'll always try to provide new content and never report on yesterdays stuff. Christ if quotes are more than a few hours old I won't use them

I'm on furlough. I currently have one working day a week. Funnily enough, on those days, I'm rarely on here.

Again, I'm on furlough. I'm not able to work on stories. I cant go doorstep Budge (or anyone else for that matter) while furloughed. Although it's probably worth pointing out that when I did have exclusive comments from clubs earlier, they were dismissed as 'SPFL propaganda'. Funny that.

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

But I bet if there was a child abuse scandal at McLaren's F1 you would see him report on that.....Oh wait, what if he writes for Mercedes, would he ignore it?

Don't know how you walk with all these times you've shot yourself in the foot.

The BBC don't have specific team reporters on F1. It's all the same guy (andrew benson). If they had specific writers and specific sites for each team, then yeah, likelihood is that it would be on the relevant reporter for that team.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Thats no over exaggeration.

And the fixture schedule also gives them an added advantage.

I forgot the compliance officer and trial by TV too.

30 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Keep things civil guys.  Really don't wanna have to issue temp bans today.

You know fine well who deserves a permanent ban my friend. His trolling is on a mental health concern level.

5 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Spot on.  To win the league we need to beat the tarriers, the refs, the spfl and the sfa.

Easy peasy.

And when we can't overcome all of that, the shit falls on Gerrard's doorstep. Perhaps some of it rightly so but other times like being cheated out of a LC final are hard to accept. 

After today's decision, it is hard to see us winning anything on the park.

Archived