Wes signing for Sheff Utd

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

MONEY

what’s not to understand 

He was probably on a decent wedge here tbf and he was griped at not playing. So unless it's real astronomical money (which I'm not sure on) I don't see the difference between warming our bench or theirs if he was so desperate to play he could be a regular championship player. Maybe closer to home I guess

11 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Who is the outstanding keeper?

Henderson, who I can see going on loan again tbh.

Hes from my hometown, I've scored past him on a training pitch. My claim to fame.

8 minutes ago, stevemac said:

He was probably on a decent wedge here tbf and he was griped at not playing. So unless it's real astronomical money (which I'm not sure on) I don't see the difference between warming our bench or theirs if he was so desperate to play he could be a regular championship player. Maybe closer to home I guess

He'll be earning a lot more in the epl than he did in scotland, surely?

Best of luck to big Wes anyway. Not the greatest keeper we've ever had but a likeable chap.

15 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Cant see him being there next year. Chelsea etc looking at him.

Were Chelsea not looking at him as a loan option I thought I'd seen?

Tbh I think he deserves a shout at number one for united, he's a much better keeper than romero at number 2 and DDG is fading a bit IMO. United should cash in on him.

Anyhow, going off topic a bit so best of luck to wes anyway.

He's shite and even when Henderson leaves there's no way Wes becomes their number 1. He's been signed as a backup because he's free and ticks the box of being English.

Wanted 1st team football but probably dropped that demand when he realised the level he would need to drop down to to achieve that so settled for sitting on the bench in the premier league for a handsome wage instead. Fair play to him.

10 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Foderingham had many good games for us, made plenty of great saves, not sure how you can say that about McLaughlin just yet mate.

I wasn't his biggest fan tbh . Yeah , had some good saves but crossballs and clearing his lines were stuff of nightmares  which meant I never felt the confidence I should in a goalkeeper . 

Correct , early days with McLaughlin so who knows what could happen , but I grew to have more confidence in what was a very reassuring performance , much more than I ever had with WF . 

7 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Cant see him being there next year. Chelsea etc looking at him.

Chelsea are signing Oblak. Henderson will, probably have another year on loan at Sheffield then challenge De Gea for the number one at United.

Some of my direct reports are Man U season ticket holders and they want Henderson to play for them rather than De Gea, be surprised if SU keep Wes as No.1 but I do think we should have sold last summer. Still, glad we’re rid of, never rated him and we’re now better off with keepers than when he was here. 

5 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

All the best to him.

I reckon he could become their number 1 due to his distribution, but he gets beat too easily from outside the box for me.

But I like him and hope he does well. 

They'll be in trouble next season if he's going to be their number 1 imo.decent back up but no chance they'll have him as the main keeper 

2 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

They'll be in trouble next season if he's going to be their number 1 imo.decent back up but no chance they'll have him as the main keeper 

Potentially. 

I think he's similar in his strengths and weaknesses to a number of the keepers in the EPL.

Strong in some areas, weak in others.

Archived