*****Official Rangers V Motherwell Friendly Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

B team or not, that’s a honking result with those players. Docherty, Stewart, Middleton, Jones and McCrorie should be walking into any of the other SPFL teams outwith the old firm.

You’ve got to assume they played Beale’s favoured 4321 formation too given Gerrard/the academy will be looking to make it uniform across all levels to develop a style.

If so, then again, big question marks loom over the effectiveness of it. Square pegs, round holes spring to mind...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

B team or not, that’s a honking result with those players. Docherty, Stewart, Middleton, Jones and McCrorie should be walking into any of the other SPFL teams outwith the old firm.

You’ve got to assume they played Beale’s favoured 4321 formation too given Gerrard/the academy will be looking to make it uniform across all levels to develop a style.

If so, then again, big question marks loom over the effectiveness of it. Square pegs, round holes spring to mind...

It's the players not being good enough. They know how we play week in week out since it's been the same system for over 2 years now. As much as we'd love the likes of  Docherty and McCrorie to be good enough to challenge for a 1st team spot they ain't. Cannot be carrying any passengers. Stewart, Middleton, Jones, Barker, the list goes on. Signings that from the outset were always never going to be good enough.

A lot of those players today wouldn’t have been a lack of ability.

Its a lack of wanting.

They went into this week thinking they would get minutes against Motherwell at Ibrox live on TV to be told it’s a training game v Dundee Utd at Auchenhowie.

Most of them know their time here is up, apart from the youngsters, and don’t appear to want to fight.

Just now, esquire8 said:

It's the players not being good enough. They know how we play week in week out since it's been the same system for over 2 years now. As much as we'd love the likes of  Docherty and McCrorie to be good enough to challenge for a 1st team spot they ain't. Cannot be carrying any passengers. Stewart, Middleton, Jones, Barker, the list goes on. Signings that from the outset were always never going to be good enough.

It's not even with hindsight either. When all these dumplings were signed, you had fans (myself included) going wtf. 

Why can't the folk who make decisions at our club, directors and DOF's not see these things themselves before throwing our money at these guys? 

1 minute ago, rangersross said:

I don't think Liverpool or Man City would be bothered if a full strength Leeds or West Brom team beat their "B" side in a pre-season friendly. Not in the least bit concerning to me. 

It should be concerning, because, it's a long season and as it stands these are guys that you will rely on to step in now and again and do their bit.

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

A lot of those players today wouldn’t have been a lack of ability.

Its a lack of wanting.

They went into this week thinking they would get minutes against Motherwell at Ibrox live on TV to be told it’s a training game v Dundee Utd at Auchenhowie.

Most of them know their time here is up, apart from the youngsters, and don’t appear to want to fight.

It's just a massive shame for the bright youth prospects like Mayo and Paterson who have to play alongside that shite.

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

It's not even with hindsight either. When all these dumplings were signed, you had fans (myself included) going wtf. 

Why can't the folk who make decisions at our club, directors and DOF's not see these things themselves before throwing our money at these guys? 

Buying players who look half decent for shite Premiership teams like Hamilton and Kilmarnock but clearly won't fit into a rigid tactic system. Fucking shite transfer policy Allen had.

5 minutes ago, rangersross said:

I don't think Liverpool or Man City would be bothered if a full strength Leeds or West Brom team beat their "B" side in a pre-season friendly. Not in the least bit concerning to me. 

Apart from the fact Dundee Utd are fucking shite.

7 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Horrible comparison

Dundee United are more in line with something from the depths of league 2 in England, not Leeds or West Brom

Archived