Bayer 04 Leverkusen VS Rangers - Match Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, writingranger said:

I thought barker was ok but morelos was awful and provided no support.

Morelos was shite aswell, but Barker has shown nothing in a Rangers shirt yet. Jones seems to get a lot of hate on here, but I thought he made a difference coming on,  he always seems to make things happen.. 

18 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

There was alot of stuff going about in France that the €20m had been agreed and he was on his way. Maybe they came to a gentleman's agreement to say he would stay until after the Leverkusen game.

Apparently the French window doesn't open up until 15th August,  so perhaps that's the hold up? Although other clubs are still supposed to be showing interest,  all things considered he is definitely away and I wish him all the best at his next club 

2 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

Apparently the French window doesn't open up until 15th August,  so perhaps that's the hold up? Although other clubs are still supposed to be showing interest,  all things considered he is definitely away and I wish him all the best at his next club 

French clubs can still sign outside this window but can't register them.

25 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

There was alot of stuff going about in France that the €20m had been agreed and he was on his way. Maybe they came to a gentleman's agreement to say he would stay until after the Leverkusen game.

No one agrees to “£20 mill and an he can play until it’s official” contract. 

if he was going, he’d have been wrapped in that much cotton wool in a hotel room the last few days that he’d have looked like a candy floss

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

if he was going, he’d have been wrapped in that much cotton wool in a hotel room the last few days that he’d have looked like a candy floss

That guy you quoted is a bellend thinks he's in the know 

5 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Didn't we have such an agreement with St Gallen for Itten? 

4 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

That guy you quoted is a bellend thinks he's in the know 

Thank you.

9 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I assumed the deal had been all but agreed and they were letting us bring in the replacements before it was announced. However Gerrard has said he's our player until our valuation is met, which it hasn't. I think it's still up in the air but the clubs are close to agreement.

2 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

Thank you fuck all😂if he was getting wrapped up he wouldnt have played 😉

Thank you fuck all.... That makes complete sense....

:stevieg:

We had such an agreement with Itten and he still played for St Gallen. Not completely out the realms of possibility. Gerrard said after the match tonight he doesn't know.

Just now, esquire8 said:

Thank you fuck all.... That makes complete sense....

We had such an agreement with Itten and he still played for St Gallen. Not completely out the realms of possibility. Gerrard said after the match tonight he doesn't know.

6 minutes ago, Amato said:

I assumed the deal had been all but agreed and they were letting us bring in the replacements before it was announced. However Gerrard has said he's our player until our valuation is met, which it hasn't. I think it's still up in the air but the clubs are close to agreement.

Did he say "the valuation hasn't been met" or did he just say "hes our player until a valuation is met". Quite big differences. Listen to his post match interview.

26 minutes ago, tm91 said:

I know people who know Jones and he's a prick, but he's talented. I find it strange how little affection he gets from fans, and equally strange how poorly his Rangers career has gone so far. There's a good squad option in there somewhere. Maybe Gerrard thinks he's a prick as well? 😂

Nearly every footballer ive ever met his been a prick. What makes him worse than the rest?? 

3 hours ago, GA1972 said:

Great campaign but I’m not convinced we were treating this as anything more than another friendly tonight and that’s disappointing 

Was a bit of a contrast to the commentary & studio team who were wired in to ‘how can Rangers get back into this?’

2 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

He could do with moving quickly, before the free-scoring Alfredo becomes nothing but a distant memory......

2 hours ago, tm91 said:

In fairness I don't know the guy personally so take it with a pinch of salt, but being from Teesside I know people who know him and they generally say he's an arrogant prick.  I doubt he's worse than most, but for example after that stupid fucking tackle against the Orcs where he did himself in he was regularly seen out drinking in Redcar quite a few times being a cunt to people.

One of my pals actually bumped into him in a chip shop where he was eating a full donner kebab and drinking cans. :lol: 

A lad at work is  good mates with a player in our team that’s played with him elsewhere to that also says he’s a prick 😂, must be something wrong coz I thought he done reasonably well until the celtic red , definitely better than I thought he’d be 

2 hours ago, tm91 said:

In fairness I don't know the guy personally so take it with a pinch of salt, but being from Teesside I know people who know him and they generally say he's an arrogant prick.  I doubt he's worse than most, but for example after that stupid fucking tackle against the Orcs where he did himself in he was regularly seen out drinking in Redcar quite a few times being a cunt to people.

One of my pals actually bumped into him in a chip shop where he was eating a full donner kebab and drinking cans. :lol: 

I heard something from a good source which backs your opinion up.

Archived