RangerTV - overlapping subscription and ‘unauthorised country’.

BlueThunder

My RTV full overseas access account was due to end tomorrow, so yesterday I bought a new full subscription for £240. 

Firstly, the new subscription started immediately (31st) with my account still showing a legacy account ending on the 2nd Aug. So, it allowed me to buy a new subscription with the same card and email address but started it immediately instead of after my old subscription was due to end.

Secondly, I watched the aberdeen match fine this afternoon.  I’ve just gone into RTV to rewatch and it is saying ‘unauthorised country’. Tried a proxy, exactly the same.

So, is this new RTV subscription tied to the UK only? Previously I could watch anything if abroad and only certain matches if in the UK. Now I can’t watch the match anywhere. Are there any certain countries that are ok?

Edit: Tried at Brussels airport and seemed ok.

3 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

My RTV full account was due to end tomorrow, so yesterday I bought a new full subscription for £240. 

Firstly, the new subscription started immediately (31st) with my account still showing a legacy account ending on the 2nd Aug. So, it allowed me to buy a new subscription with the same card and email address but started it immediately instead of after my old subscription was due to end.

Secondly, I watched the aberdeen match fine this afternoon.  I’ve just gone into RTV to rewatch and it is saying ‘unauthorised country’. Tried a proxy, exactly the same.

So, is this new RTV subscription tied to the UK only? Previously I could watch anything if abroad and only certain matches if in the UK. Now I can’t watch the match anywhere.

Off your nut if you ask me .Paying 240 for that 

3 minutes ago, Dickie said:

How many mygers points did you get for your £240?

I couldn’t care less. I joined myGers for no reason other than to help the club out.

I assume I’ve just bought a big-standard overseas membership, but was a bit unsure as to why it didn’t work. I think I’ve sussed it now but the overlapping billing is a bit rubbish.

3 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I couldn’t care less. I joined myGers for no reason other than to help the club out.

I assume I’ve just bought a big-standard overseas membership, but was a bit unsure as to why it didn’t work. I think I’ve sussed it now but the overlapping billing is a bit rubbish.

What was the issue? I'm thinking of buying

3 hours ago, chris182 said:

What was the issue? I'm thinking of buying

The issue - aside from billing that overlapped so I am being charged twice for the same days?

The issue is, as an overseas bear, I was having trouble accessing the match tonight. I think I’ve solved it now. :)

2 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

The issue - aside from billing that overlapped so I am being charged twice for the same days?

The issue is, as an overseas bear, I was having trouble accessing the match tonight. I think I’ve solved it now. :)

Mate I never realised you were overseas .Apologies .That is different .

7 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Yeah was the second I was interested in. Accessing matches via VPN

Watched yesterdays match on RTV with no problems at all. Never attempted to watch the the replay. First time was enough for me.

Mind you I noticed from my visa statement that the price had gone up.  Worked out at $320 this year as opposed to to $299 last year but that might be just currency fluctuations.

Archived