Champions League 20/21

Just now, DBBTB said:

Guardiola has won a comparable number of trophies in two thirds of the time.

Jose has won the CL more times and with more than one team, thats the big prize for guys like that, 

Peps a great coach, greatest ever, not a chance

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Yes, if he wins it next year will he then be the best?

Arguably yes, doing it with more than one team is massive, hence why jose is above him imo as overall better managerial career, but pep can at least be included in that category then

Until then, wether people admit it or not, pep will be the manager that took arguably the best barca side in history to two CL titles and won domestic honour since

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

How has Mourinho won way more? :lol:

League titles - 9 to 8 for Pep

CL - 2 all

Cups - 9 to 8 for Pep

Pep has more super cup wins.

Only thing Mourinho has over Guardiola is Uefa cup wins because he's never been in that tournament.

And as mentioned about in a lot less time, behave and stop lying.

mourinho won the CL with 2 different clubs and if we really wanna say it, took an unfancied man united to the europa league, pep did the CL twice in 3 years with barca then never came close until last night where he dropped the ball again, thats after spending half a billion pounds overall on that city team

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Arguably yes, doing it with more than one team is massive, hence why jose is above him imo as overall better managerial career, but pep can at least be included in that category then

Until then, wether people admit it or not, pep will be the manager that took arguably the best barca side in history to two CL titles and won domestic honour since

He’ll also be remembered as the coach who built and moulded the best Barcelona side in history too...

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

He’ll also be remembered as the coach who built and moulded the best Barcelona side in history too...

Built? 9 of his starting 11 for his first CL win were there before he got the job

The ingredients were all there, he just needed a recipe, and he did come up with some recipe, but at the end of the day he walked into a team with guys like messi, xavi, iniesta, puyol, eto etc

Guardiola has won more than morihno. Its a simple fact. But what morihno achieved with porto eclipses what guardiola has done as far as im concerned. The last of the non  "super clubs" to  win the champions league and will probably remain  the last ever to do it . Takes some beating that.

28 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

You could and I'd tell you he took over an average City team and won 3 leagues, one being a treble and got a CL final

Barely average when they were champions 2 years before he was there and champions league semi finalists, Dortmund were bang mid table when Klopp took over them a bit of a difference, and that’s before you Chuck in the money. 

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

They’ve both won it twice.

i took chelseas CL win as his as i knew he'd won something else in europe, united europa league win i was mixing it up with

And if my memory isnt going again, he out thought pep when inter put barca out the CL  when jose won it with them

1 minute ago, stuart1994 said:

Barely average when they were champions 2 years before he was there and champions league semi finalists, Dortmund were bang mid table when Klopp took over them a bit of a difference, and that’s before you Chuck in the money. 

Ouch, that average city side were shite back then

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Built? 9 of his starting 11 for his first CL win were there before he got the job

The ingredients were all there, he just needed a recipe, and he did come up with some recipe, but at the end of the day he walked into a team with guys like messi, xavi, iniesta, puyol, eto etc

Also made the decision to get rid of huge players like Deco and Ronaldinho and then signed Dani Alves too.

Pep being underwhelming at City in the Champions League shouldn’t undermine what he did with that Barca side. It was incredible.

2 minutes ago, CR3 said:

don't get me wrong. You know I love the fact he's been shite in Europe for 10 years?:lol: Definitely found out.

I dont think he's been found out, he's a great coach and can do wonderful things, but i dunno if its his ego or what that stops him taking that final step, once again in a big game he was tactically out thought, happened at barca when jose done it, happened at bayern when real smashed them, happens at city when Chelsea have done it

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Also made the decision to get rid of huge players like Deco and Ronaldinho and then signed Dani Alves too.

Pep being underwhelming at City in the Champions League shouldn’t undermine what he did with that Barca side. It was incredible.

Its not just city he's underwhelmed at, at bayern he took the euro champs and didnt make a final in 3 years, being scudded 5-0 on agg by real was an eye opener 

Both are obviously excellent managers and both fit into the modern greats category. 

It will be interesting to see what Jose does with Roma, a completely different type of job from the ones he normally takes. They want success but don't have a massive budget so he will be expected to promote from within. 

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Its not just city he's underwhelmed at, at bayern he took the euro champs and didnt make a final in 3 years, being scudded 5-0 on agg by real was an eye opener 

He has performed fantastically at league level but agree that considering the clubs he has been at, Champions League wise Pep has underperformed.