VAR

magic8ball

14 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Would be an absolute clusterfuck up here.

Even if one goes right for us (and wrong against them) the Scottish Sun and Daily Record would have the names and details of the poor cunt/s in the control room eveywhere.

That VAR control room would be corrupted the same way every level of SPFL/SFA/the media/Police Scotland and the Scottish Government is, literally within a year.

There's zero sense of fair play in Scotland. We are still waiting on the footballing media, Government and our own board coming out and slaughtering celtic getting awarded titles they never won (amongst so much more).

This will be another extension to all that.

Put the money into properly training (and vetting) future ref's and raising the standard instead.

Post of the day here :tu:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Fitba has been fine for hundreds of years without VAR. 

It's getting to be a joke in England , the media love it of course . Makes them all feel more important

Listened to a game the other night . The Europa final and that knob end ,that is Robbie Savage wasted my enjoyment . He continually went on about a decision, that went against Inter Milan after about 2 minutes . Fair enough , it may have been the wrong decision, but this no mark continued to go on and on and on . All the way through the game . " What about this VAR decision not to send off the Seville player .It was doing my head in listening to him .

I can't stand what VAR is doing to the enjoyment of scoring goals now . And that is a massive part of why we watch the game . It is a NO for me

16 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Fortunately there doesn’t seem to have been any incidents so far this season where we would have benefitted from the introduction of VAR ,But earlier today I started to think that it’s introduction into our game is being conveniently overlooked .

All the big leagues in Europe are using VAR and a good few of the smaller leagues such as Denmark and even Poland are using it but as it stands discussions are not even on the table .

Just add it to the list of ineptitude from our governing body and for some of us add it to the “paranoia” that there is no real need for it as the refs in today’s system are doing a good enough job for there paymasters ,

Funny how early last year TLB was in agreement that VAR would have been a good idea ,he was quoted as saying they would have been further in front ,even though that would have been wrong as he was counting the solitary problem they had and ignored the multiple issues we had with “honest mistakes “

How long so we reckon this corrupt organisation can avoid implementing something that will be almost everywhere in the next few years .

Fact is that Scottish football can’t affford it. 

I know a ref that sits on var.its supposed to be for clear and obvious mistakes but he talkes about decisions taking 2 or 3 mins that is not clear and obvious scots ref dont know what a clear and obvious fuck up is epl cant sort it so what chance cunts up there doing it

On 22/08/2020 at 22:22, magic8ball said:

Fortunately there doesn’t seem to have been any incidents so far this season where we would have benefitted from the introduction of VAR ,But earlier today I started to think that it’s introduction into our game is being conveniently overlooked .

All the big leagues in Europe are using VAR and a good few of the smaller leagues such as Denmark and even Poland are using it but as it stands discussions are not even on the table .

Just add it to the list of ineptitude from our governing body and for some of us add it to the “paranoia” that there is no real need for it as the refs in today’s system are doing a good enough job for there paymasters ,

Funny how early last year TLB was in agreement that VAR would have been a good idea ,he was quoted as saying they would have been further in front ,even though that would have been wrong as he was counting the solitary problem they had and ignored the multiple issues we had with “honest mistakes “

How long so we reckon this corrupt organisation can avoid implementing something that will be almost everywhere in the next few years .

Good post 

I don't think VAR will work in the Scottish leagues unless refs are made to be accountable for their decisions, too many  “honest mistakes/cheating “ have happened which suggests that the standard of training and governance needs to be review. I think this should be reviewed like schools are with the ofsted, with a independent  reports on a yearly basis.

On 22/08/2020 at 22:22, magic8ball said:

We woulda had a pk vs livi mate.

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

We woulda had a pk vs livi mate.

I know the incident but don’t think they would give a pen for that these days due to the fucked up ruling ,

Fucking about with handball and offside rules every couple of years Just confuses the situation ,

3 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Good post 

I don't think VAR will work in the Scottish leagues unless refs are made to be accountable for their decisions, too many  “honest mistakes/cheating “ have happened which suggests that the standard of training and governance needs to be review. I think this should be reviewed like schools are with the ofsted, with a independent  reports on a yearly basis.

Rather than making the refs accountable I would rather the media and peado fc were made accountable for their anti ref campaigns and over analysis of certain incidents perceived to be against the taigs 

Making bad calls or perceived bad calls against the tarriers isn’t good for referees who want a career in Scotland and it’s driven standards down in this country 

24 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

I know the incident but don’t think they would give a pen for that these days due to the fucked up ruling ,

Fucking about with handball and offside rules every couple of years Just confuses the situation ,

Does my tits in. 

18 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

It's getting to be a joke in England , the media love it of course . Makes them all feel more important

Listened to a game the other night . The Europa final and that knob end ,that is Robbie Savage wasted my enjoyment . He continually went on about a decision, that went against Inter Milan after about 2 minutes . Fair enough , it may have been the wrong decision, but this no mark continued to go on and on and on . All the way through the game . " What about this VAR decision not to send off the Seville player .It was doing my head in listening to him .

I can't stand what VAR is doing to the enjoyment of scoring goals now . And that is a massive part of why we watch the game . It is a NO for me

Savage conveniently forgetting the line that ‘the final would have been ruined by making it 10 v 11 so early on’, which they’d have trotted out for the rest of the game, if the guy had gone.

Struggling to recall a showpiece with such an early red card (I’m sure someone can put me right - nearest was cup semi when Robertson went but we still won?).

Interesting to see they were floating the idea during the Saints Hivs game yesterday.

2 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Rather than making the refs accountable I would rather the media and peado fc were made accountable for their anti ref campaigns and over analysis of certain incidents perceived to be against the taigs 

Making bad calls or perceived bad calls against the tarriers isn’t good for referees who want a career in Scotland and it’s driven standards down in this country 

Let’s face it mate, these refs Gollum, Beaton, Clancy, and Walsh are against us. They need to be called out for their ineptitude. The media and the paedos won’t be called out. 

3 hours ago, magic8ball said:

I think both could happen make the refs accountable with making their match reports public and a yearly ofsted type review to address their seasons officiating and what they must improve on. I think their needs to be an Independent Scottish Football Ombudsman so that refs can whistle blow with-out fear.

4 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Need it brought in but they won't do it and will continue to cite cost as the key factor

It's fucking embarrassing we don't have goal-line technology at the very least

Didn't BT offer to trial VAR at no cost to the SFA?

Archived