Ryan Jack

KeyserSoze

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Default now is to go forward if possible, both him and Davis. Doesn't always happen, but its nowhere near as laboured sideways as it was.

Its making a difference as its drawing out players to confront him now, its whats needed from players in that role who need to be disciplined, not sitting/ defensive.

Is this the Gaffer now looking at a way to address the “park the bus” tactic we often see?

perhaps you nailed it there SEMA 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Is this the Gaffer now looking at a way to address the “park the bus” tactic we often see?

perhaps you nailed it there SEMA 

I think Livingston brought it to a head. Their job is to protect us against breakaway attack,  but it can't just be that. Where we dominate games they must contribute more nearer the opposition box, with our defence also squeezed up behind them.

I reckon they got a bit of a kicking from the gaffer. They've reacted, both have done well, its improved our fluidity and its the way it needs to remain.

33 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Default now is to go forward if possible, both him and Davis. Doesn't always happen, but its nowhere near as laboured sideways as it was.

Its making a difference as its drawing out players to confront him now, its whats needed from players in that role who need to be disciplined, not sitting/ defensive.

Nail on the head. Great point. 

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

His best games last season at County, Livi, Hamilton and Hibs were all without Davis. Also excellent in the cup final without him.

shhhh not allowed to criticise Davis as he is a pure Rangers man...... He is fucking dire.

Sooner we bring in a decent CM the better

5 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

And yet both 'wingers' are still playing as 10s.... 🤭

We can have 3 number tens for all i care, as long as they arent trying to play in the same space and instead open the game out 

Hagi looked like the proper ten yesterday the amount of runs into the box he was making that werent being picked up, barisic actually had a few options to aim for with his wand if it wasn't kent or barker trying to hit the byline 

4 hours ago, BigBearButt said:

shhhh not allowed to criticise Davis as he is a pure Rangers man...... He is fucking dire.

Sooner we bring in a decent CM the better

Strange post considering how much criticism he gets.

Not as strange that it's came from you who posts about Davis in 50% of your posts.

Definitely shagged your Mrs.

4 hours ago, Doron said:

We win, he’s brilliant. We get a bad result he’ll be slagged off. Just the sort of player he is. A key player for me whatever the result. 

Would disagree mate , we’ve won 5 out of 6 and that’s been his first decent game 

9 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We can have 3 number tens for all i care, as long as they arent trying to play in the same space and instead open the game out 

Hagi looked like the proper ten yesterday the amount of runs into the box he was making that werent being picked up, barisic actually had a few options to aim for with his wand if it wasn't kent or barker trying to hit the byline 

Agreed. So its about the quality of players not the system. We dont need wingers, there's nothing wrong with them being inside and Tav Borna supporting and playing almost as wingers.  Excellent.

14 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

And yet both 'wingers' are still playing as 10s.... 🤭

Our "wingers" are Barasic and Tav 

Couldn't believe one move yesterday where IT was Barasic who was the only player in their box and Tavs goal was a strikers type goal 

Jack is playing the same position as last season but playing it very diffrently after the Mwell game. Gerrard may have clicked that Jack is good at going forward and we don't need 2 holding midfielders and has changed his instructions to Jack. We also now have 3 forwards rotating and creating space, when it was Morelos on his own up top, no one moved and created space, so that change may have encouraged Jack to step into the spaces being left behind. I do think the failure of the Mwell game has changed our tactics and Jacks change in role is part of that.

Archived