UEFA Nations League

.Williamson.

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

So it’s a one off match against Serbia to reach Euros so what is this league for and why are the good teams all playing each other and the muck playing each other?

The teams are all grouped based on UEFA rankings, so the top 16 and teams promoted play in allocated groups.

This NL will also have 3 play off spots for WC2022. The play off match against Serbia was part of the last campaign, scheduled for March 2020 - COVID meant the reschedule.

It's not rocket science!!:unsure:

4 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

The teams are all grouped based on UEFA rankings, so the top 16 and teams promoted play in allocated groups.

This NL will also have 3 play off spots for WC2022. The play off match against Serbia was part of the last campaign, scheduled for March 2020 - COVID meant the reschedule.

It's not rocket science!!:unsure:

It’s is rocket science when i simply don’t give a fuck about it.

Just found it weird that Scotland seem to be playing Israel or other nations reserve teams.

2 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Dare I say it, but Scotland are putting together an impressive run - difficult to beat, brutal to watch, but top of a group halfway through. Play off final next month, things are looking up.

Played off the park by the Czech republics 3rd team and the last two games have basically been Spl standards.

impressive my arse.

12 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Personally I find the results are papering over the cracks and probably starting Wednesday depending who the Czechs field and certainly Serbia and WC qualifying will see Scotland and Clarke flop.

90th minute winner home to Cyprus

Beat at home to Russia

Humped at home to Belgium

Hammered in Russia

San Marino lol

Narrow win in Cyprus

Beat Kazakhstan at home

Israel draw at home

Just beat a Czech Republic C side

Israel at home beaten on penalties 

Narrow win vs Slovakia B side with offside goal

On paper it looks better recently but far from convinced.

It will still be logged on the UEFA rankings, which, as a result factors into the country coffeicent for EL/CL places?? Can only beat who is in front of you. Agreed, the next two games are going to be a big step up.

28 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

It’s is rocket science when i simply don’t give a fuck about it.

Just found it weird that Scotland seem to be playing Israel or other nations reserve teams.

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Eh?

I asked a question how the nations league works even though i don’t give a fuck about it.

Do you know how a forum works

Fuck knows man