Gerrard Poll

BridgeIsBlue

Gerrard Poll  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Happy with things up until now?

2. 2. Has he done enough since the summer of 2018?

3. 3. When should he be sacked?

• Failure to qualify for EL
    • Fail to win the League Cup
    • League Championship
    • Scottish Cup
    • Sometime next season
  4. 4. Does 10 in a row matter to you?

5. 5. What age are you?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/20 at 17:00

Just now, Jeffrey said:

Because I don't have the solution, never claimed to. All I know is that the current manager isn't working imo.

Since you like facts so much. 0 trophies from 6. 1 cup final in 2 seasons. Hasn't reached Hampden in the Scottish Cup.  All undeniable facts.

It's working better than any time in the last 10 years.  Not good enough?  Subjective and circumstantial.

Undeniably facts, which is a curious statement to make considering you're prepared to deny other facts that undermine your own "opinion".

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, coopsleftboot said:

It's working better than any time in the last 10 years.  Not good enough?  Subjective and circumstantial.

Undeniably facts, which is a curious statement to make considering you're prepared to deny other facts that undermine your own "opinion".

We've won trophies in the last 10 years so that's an interesting viewpoint.

Your facts were based on points per game, I couldn't give a fuck about that. I care about winning trophies but each to their own I guess. 

Just now, Smile said:

I don't think Jeffrey gets to pick the manager of Rangers.

Ok.  Let's just keep binning managers and players every time we lose or draw.  Be a skint basket case before the end of the season.  I see progress, others don't....they're wrong.  What they might see is us not winning the league, that's progress of the sort we're struggling to afford against a competitor who has the means to outspend us to sustain their position.  Trust me, I fuckin hate it, but I'm being a realist when I say I think our best chance is to run with what we've got with 1 or two decent additions.  If that means selling Morelos to do so then it's no bad thing imo.

1 minute ago, coopsleftboot said:

Ok.  Let's just keep binning managers and players every time we lose or draw.  Be a skint basket case before the end of the season.  I see progress, others don't....they're wrong.  What they might see is us not winning the league, that's progress of the sort we're struggling to afford against a competitor who has the means to outspend us to sustain their position.  Trust me, I fuckin hate it, but I'm being a realist when I say I think our best chance is to run with what we've got with 1 or two decent additions.  If that means selling Morelos to do so then it's no bad thing imo.

Hahahahaha

The arrogance of some people on here man

4 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

There is some progress no doubt about that but we have brought in some dross as well plus we still have the same old problems we have every season against teams we should be able to beat.

It was always going to be hard bringing in an inexperienced manager learning as he goes along. 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I can see the posts right now when the scum win the league this season and we finish less than 10 points behind, but we have improvement from last season.. we were 13 points behind. Give him 10-20m more and he can win the league next season!

"Well, they've won 10 in a row, so the pressure's off, Gerrard is the man to lead us to 55!"

Can fucking see it coming from here

17 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

It's nothing of the sort I'm saying.  It's like building a house on a floating sand foundation compared to bedrock, we know which one is more secure.  Walter, Dick and Eck had a greater foundation and the club was generally already ahead off the park.  Circumstances are entirely different and it's an unfair comparison.

But we do need to find a way.  If there is a manager out there that can come in, galvanise a reaction then go get him.  Know anyone?

Current manager isn't working. We will not find a way through him.

All 3 managers built foundations themselves in one way or another. Gerrards foundations were pretty much built by him but aren't good enough.

It's for much higher paid and supposedly higher football educated men than myself to make those choices. 

10 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Apart from the season we done a double :sarcasm: 

This season is a 'black swan' season and I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of points dropped, think it will be the same in the other leagues as well. 

Whilst I am not happy that we have won nothing under Gerrard, I struggle to think of someone who could do better. Our board is a complete shambles and any experienced manager would not want to work for these clowns.

On a side note, I would like to have seen Gerrard be much more outspoken and apply pressure when needed to the incompetency of the SFA. Yet another game cost by poor officiating at the weekend.

7 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

🤣 Thank fuck you're here to show us the way.

Warburton won two trophies and beat celtic with a smidgen of the budget and Nicky Law....

Gerrard has a horrible record of bringing in players and letting them rot. The more concerning record however, which Liverpool fans can't see past, is he has a shite record and no trophies. 

As far as improvement is concerned, then why are we still struggling to beat the likes of Kilmarnock, Hibs etc? Those teams sqaush your financial myths.

12 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

:lol:

It's all well and good saying "he has spent 30 million" as has often been said on this thread.

During that time celtic have spent more and loaned in a keeper who was on 70k a week and a winger who was signed for about 16 million pounds.....if money spent is the driver.... sort of shows why we tend to come second over a number of games and a comfortable second above the rest, showing a gap in class between us and the rest which comes about because of that spend. 

Talk of what Smith spent v Gerrard is also a bit redundant, Smith was here 10 years ago, in 2010/11 EPL sides bought players for 19/20 million not 60/70 the market has moved on considerably in the last 10 years and only really started in the middle of that season to even look like it does now.  

As soon as folks start to talk about money spent, you need to then look at what the teams above you spend as well. 

"aye but Leicester and mind Atleti" yes on occasions in leagues teams will punch above budget but more often than not spending more does increase your chances of a title. 

40 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

No one is saying sack a manager after every bad result. However we're in Gerrard's 3rd season now and seeing similar mistakes that cost us before. I can understand fans questioning him. 

It's not just about the league form either. In 4 attempts he's made 1 Cup final. 3 of those exists against poorer sides. 

If Gerrard can't crack it this season then imo it's not going to happen. 

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

No one is saying sack a manager after every bad result. However we're in Gerrard's 3rd season now and seeing similar mistakes that cost us before. I can understand fans questioning him. 

It's not just about the league form either. In 4 attempts he's made 1 Cup final. 3 of those exists against poorer sides. 

If Gerrard can't crack it this season then imo it's not going to happen. 

We have went to Aberdeen which was contextually the same game as Hibs, and won... so is that not an instance of NOT seeing mistakes of before and learning from them? as it stands the demand does seem to be perfection in results is the only way to show learning, which is complete bollocks really. 

Archived