Has the departure of any player ever upset you?

The Widow's Son

Reading the speculation about Kent leaving for Elland Road is merely newspaper talk but there have been some transfers that upset the punters.  Jim Baxter, Jim Forrest and Big Dandy McLean all caused some shaking of the head when they left (or were forced out) and in more recent times, Jim Bett who was a very useful player. I think that Davie Cooper also had some fine football in him when he moved on.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Member being distraught as a youngster when Andy Goram was transfer listed. Member thinking I'd rather Walter Smith left. :lol:

I was the same, that jogged some memories. His knees were fucked, but I still wanted him to stay.

Gazza was a sore one but it was out the blue and nobody knew his last game was his last game , where Albertz there wizny a dry eye in ibrox during his lap of honour , wee Tuguy was leaving to and went round with him but we were all greeting for Albertz 😂

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Lad at work always aff on the sick we call him Andy Webster 😂

:lol:

Someone should start a nickname thread. We had a guy in my last place that we called minty because he was always late (after 8)

Maybe the nickname thread's a bad idea

Archived