Today's Ref.

Mafeking St.

Thought he was fair enough. Only thing that stands out was the ridiculous decision when Balogun took the ball right off a Ross County players foot at the Govan Stand. Was a perfect tackle. 

But in his defence I thought it was the linesman's flag that made him blew it. Ref's will very rarely undermine their linesman like that.

I've not seen our penalty call. Only got the stream to work about 20-mins in.

Only other moment I mind was Kent appealing for a penalty and got a foul on edge of the box, but watching it on the replay, it did look just outside.

So aye, no complaints.

But it's a sad day and poor reflection on Scotland when we need to make threads and praise ref's for just doing their job and not shafting us.

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

He was shite. Should’ve sent Morelos off for his performance today. 

How the fuck he got the full game is a mystery....Alfie remains an issue for us....it's all very well keeping him but he has had far too many below par performances this season to get excited about that option 

3 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Was ok , but against the filth , we are never getting that penalty........

Think it was similar to Helander’s last week.

If it was given against us, we’d be moaning like mad.

Just now, hammer93 said:

How the fuck he got the full game is a mystery....Alfie remains an issue for us....it's all very well keeping him but he has had far too many below par performances this season to get excited about that option 

I don’t get it mate. However, I don’t want to derail this thread about today’s ref. 👍

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

Was ok , but against the filth , we are never getting that penalty........

Yeah thought he was okay. 

We probably wouldn't get the pen against them, but I thought he missed the other one where he gave the foul outside the box. 

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

It’s a tricky one.

I think a lot of us are on the same page re Alf, but maybe SG wants to make him play his way into form.

That one goal that turns it for him might come as late as the last minute, but it certainly won’t if he’s taken out of the action.

As the old saying goes, it only takes a second to score a goal...

But I’m with you - mystified!

We have all seen much worse that is for sure. 

The one with Kent was a difficult one to be sure about I thought, even after a few replays it was not that easy to say for sure, Alex Ray was convinced it was but I am not convinced if most of it happened outside the box. 

3 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Was he not absolutely horrific in one of our home games last season? 

the ref has been around for a long time and is usually shit  in the past when you see reports most teams dont like him but he was ok today

He started his refereeing career quite late on, he definitely has no love for us or the Bheasts, he is a Kilmarnock man who had a season ticket for Rugby Park many years ago.  Worked with him for many years and is honest enough and certainly would not be influenced by anyone.

3 hours ago, hammer93 said:

If that was him putting himself in the shop window to attract huge bids it will have the opposite effect imo, the recent performances will have any potential bidders either running away or reducing the bids according to recent form.

Archived