The flaw in football covid testing.

Quite rightly covid testing regularly has allowed football to return and may help transmission between teams or limit within a team. 

However there are 2 flaws.  As the prevalence increases in the community and as kids mix at school the likelihood of say one of our players contracting covid is more and more significant. Evidence eg Kilmarnock and St Mirren shows that testing may limit spread to the whole team but that 3-4 players could easily get covid.

Now I work in Health and am super careful that in case one of my colleagues gets covid I am never closer than 2m for more than 15 mins because if we all get it the business is severely compromised. 

So it would be responsible for OUR players to reduce internal transmission risk by ensuring no unnecessary breach of social distancing. I hope that meal times etc  they are 2 m apart.  Otherwise if one gets it then a group gets it.  

But goal celebrations where the players are all over each other. Sweat and heavy breathing. This is an unnecessary transmission risk and could compromise the team further down the line.  You could lose your strike force or central defence.

I get the spontaneity and the fun.  But we’ve got a job to do.  To win the league.  

Just seen Edouard tested positive.  If that spreads through others then we see the effect it has.  And the players are at least partly culpable.   

7 minutes ago, Carling1873 said:

Did you take your meds today? 

The thing is mate the incidence in footballers is low because the incidence in society is low.  But transmission within teams is significant eg st mirren or Killie. 

Prevalence is increasing.  Players have kids at school.  One is bound to get it.  It’s almost a certainty. So I just want our players to minimise risk of internal transmission.  I don’t think current goal celebrations do that.  

No proof that this is where they are transmitted. Probably a number of interactions but we should deal with them all. 

8 minutes ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

The thing is mate the incidence in footballers is low because the incidence in society is low.  But transmission within teams is significant eg st mirren or Killie. 

Prevalence is increasing.  Players have kids at school.  One is bound to get it.  It’s almost a certainty. So I just want our players to minimise risk of internal transmission.  I don’t think current goal celebrations do that.  

No proof that this is where they are transmitted. Probably a number of interactions but we should deal with them all. 

If we score against those cunts it would be very hard for the players not to celebrate with each other only human not robots.  

The club has managed this situation we are in brilliantly so far.

50 minutes ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

Quite rightly covid testing regularly has allowed football to return and may help transmission between teams or limit within a team. 

However there are 2 flaws.  As the prevalence increases in the community and as kids mix at school the likelihood of say one of our players contracting covid is more and more significant. Evidence eg Kilmarnock and St Mirren shows that testing may limit spread to the whole team but that 3-4 players could easily get covid.

Now I work in Health and am super careful that in case one of my colleagues gets covid I am never closer than 2m for more than 15 mins because if we all get it the business is severely compromised. 

So it would be responsible for OUR players to reduce internal transmission risk by ensuring no unnecessary breach of social distancing. I hope that meal times etc  they are 2 m apart.  Otherwise if one gets it then a group gets it.  

But goal celebrations where the players are all over each other. Sweat and heavy breathing. This is an unnecessary transmission risk and could compromise the team further down the line.  You could lose your strike force or central defence.

I get the spontaneity and the fun.  But we’ve got a job to do.  To win the league.  

Just seen Edouard tested positive.  If that spreads through others then we see the effect it has.  And the players are at least partly culpable.   

I think Scottish football should introduce the wearing of helmets with visors like in American football whilst this virus is around. I do think our club will be doing everything they can to reduce internal transmission risk. The guys celebrating the goals will be tested. 

I've also read about Edouard testing positive he is said to have been feeling ill 2 weeks ago. *fc need to do more to reduce their internal transmission risk especially after Griffiths and Boli.

18 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

If we score against those cunts it would be very hard for the players not to celebrate with each other only human not robots.  

The club has managed this situation we are in brilliantly so far.

It will be equally as hard for fans not to embrace.

When we score, I will be hugging the TV, the cat, the neighbours and mibee even the Mrs 😄 Covid is on a time-out when we win this.

1 hour ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

Look not disputing your take on this; the younge will be fine as will most between 20/55...panick all you will. 

As someone who is at risk and old school if I get it so be it I'm happy to hedge my bets on this one like all the others before. 

Funnily enough we all die at some stage in life, most of us will go not due to COVID-19...but uderling health issues and or just old age. 

5 minutes ago, quabba said:

Edouard tested positive in the French U21 camp. Only been there a day or two. Surely didn't catch it there that quickly. 

Must mean he caught it before he left Scotland

The filth have been bumping their gums about playing in front of crowds. I guarantee they will try and get our game moved for that reason using Covid as the cover.

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

The filth have been bumping their gums about playing in front of crowds. I guarantee they will try and get our game moved for that reason using Covid as the cover.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Capable of anything that mob, they will get what they want

6 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Crowds aren't getting into stadiums this season so people really need to drop this line. 

7 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I think Scottish football should introduce the wearing of helmets with visors like in American football whilst this virus is around. I do think our club will be doing everything they can to reduce internal transmission risk. The guys celebrating the goals will be tested. 

I've also read about Edouard testing positive he is said to have been feeling ill 2 weeks ago. *fc need to do more to reduce their internal transmission risk especially after Griffiths and Boli.

Hahaha, you are at it.

Have you seen how many players in out league already play like they have a sandbag over their heid 😂

12 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

How many footballers in the SPFL have tested positive for Covid-19?

6 at Kilmarnock alone   Scottish government have told squad to isolate for 2 weeks

As the community precancerous rises then there will be more cases.  But killie shows how easy one case spreads round a club. 

I work with covid patients so yes I do this at work.  

This isn’t about fear from the media. It’s about trying to prevent spread within our club.  If one player gets it. Gives it to four and we potentially forfeit points.  Then come back and say the celebrations were worth it.  Killie our the cup simply cos their players did not socially distance adequately.  

I’m around covid almost daily so yes I’m careful!!!

6 hours ago, quabba said:

Edouard tested positive in the French U21 camp. Only been there a day or two. Surely didn't catch it there that quickly. 

Must mean he caught it before he left Scotland

Yup. No way he caught it and diagnosed as soon as he went to France training camp. He was subbed last game for they cunts was he not?  They’re hiding stuff the manky bastards. 

Archived