Morelos

Swagger

16 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

He did 

and we didn’t 

thems the facts. 

Well that's alright then

Fuck me.....I have backed him and been critical of him also.....today he didn't give a fuck about what we are trying to achieve as a team with his stupid elbow....as for his play....he was fucking rotten again....two miss kicks, fuck me he is miles aff it

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SPWF said:

His link up and dropping deep is absolutely crucial in creating space for all our other players who ARE scoring goals at the moment. He’s having a nightmare in front of goal, but if wasn’t contributing he wouldn’t be playing. Getting fed hearing how because he’s not scoring it’s not good enough for a Rangers centre forward tbh. What does that even mean? He’s not playing as a traditional centre forward for a start. 

It means he's not scoring, not assisting, often not in a position to get on the end of chances or when like today he does he misses.

He played more like a cf today than I've seen recently. He was shite again. Sorry for upsetting you with the truth, but Roofe and Itten are far more effective, so is Defoe at Ibrox.

46 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Some will argue that slump has went on for 12 months.

I'm not sure how folk can really argue otherwise.

Unless we're talking about the tactical masterclass he puts in that only those stoically defending him are capable of understanding.

Either looking at him as

front man leading the line, all action man scoring goals

Or

Mr dropping deep, dragging defenders out of position and generally being a handful and creating space for his team mates

Doesn't matter today.  He had a pish game. 

Didn't fulfil either role successfully,  it didn't cost us points. Hopefully pissed him off as much as it looks like it did. 

If he starts firing goals again we are laughing.  If he keeps playing this deeper more subtle role and we keep winning, also great. 

As long as days like today where neither seems to come off are few and far between we'll hopefully be ok.

23 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It means he's not scoring, not assisting, often not in a position to get on the end of chances or when like today he does he misses.

He played more like a cf today than I've seen recently. He was shite again. Sorry for upsetting you with the truth, but Roofe and Itten are far more effective, so is Defoe at Ibrox.

I’ll simply say again, his link up and dropping deep in our build up play is a major contributor to other players scoring. 

13 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm not sure how folk can really argue otherwise.

Unless we're talking about the tactical masterclass he puts in that only those stoically defending him are capable of understanding.

His manager seems to understand it basically said if he keeps working hard and doing what he’s doing his goal scoring form will come back. 

I thought he was poor today and his wee elbow was a bit risky but he got away with it, no point yakking on about what might of happened on another day. On another day he might have scored a hat trick 😆

15 minutes ago, SPWF said:

I’ll simply say again, his link up and dropping deep in our build up play is a major contributor to other players scoring. 

To an extent yes,  it until today he's been poor at still getting into dangerous positions. Today he was better at that,  it his finishing was dreadful. Utterly dreadful.

Others seem capable of playing the lead role and still scoring or assisting. But yeah let's continue to make excuses for the guy who does it worse.

17 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

His manager seems to understand it basically said if he keeps working hard and doing what he’s doing his goal scoring form will come back

I thought he was poor today and his wee elbow was a bit risky but he got away with it, no point yakking on about what might of happened on another day. On another day he might have scored a hat trick 😆

He said his form will come back im sure.

His wee elbow was a red card offence all day long. Except it seems for those delighted with his link up play andhow he drags players out of position.

He deliberately risked a red, and I've no doubt that would have made 3 points very very difficult for us today. But aye, he could have scored a hat trick I suppose. If he hadn't been shite.

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He said his form will come back im sure.

His wee elbow was a red card offence all day long. Except it seems for those delighted with his link up play andhow he drags players out of position.

He deliberately risked a red, and I've no doubt that would have made 3 points very very difficult for us today. But aye, he could have scored a hat trick I suppose. If he hadn't been shite.

Think you’ve mentioned this one or twice already mate 😆

I’m pretty sure he also said he’s working hard and contributing to the team or words to that effect, would need to watch it again though for the exact words.

6 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Think you’ve mentioned this one or twice already mate 😆

I’m pretty sure he also said he’s working hard and contributing to the team or words to that effect, would need to watch it again though for the exact words.

I have mentioned it.

I'm still raging that for the 1st time this season needless stupidity could have cost us a red card, and one so early in the 12th minute at that.

Keep hearing that only we can cost ourselves the league this season. Didnt expect it to be a deliberate stupid act by someone who should have learned from umpteen previous incidents who could have started it off for us.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I have mentioned it.

I'm still raging that for the 1st time this season needless stupidity could have cost us a red card, and one so early in the 12th minute at that.

Keep hearing that only we can cost ourselves the league this season. Didnt expect it to be a deliberate stupid act by someone who should have learned from umpteen previous incidents who could have started it off for us.

Agree with this....it's easy down playing because he and us got away with it today

For me the bigger picture is clear that our team are 100% a confidence team....this season being unbeaten is massive as  it constantly keeps the momentum & freel good factor up......this is what will us the league....shooting ourselves in the foot can't be an option this season....far too much at stake 

2 hours ago, SPWF said:

His link up and dropping deep is absolutely crucial in creating space for all our other players who ARE scoring goals at the moment. He’s having a nightmare in front of goal, but if wasn’t contributing he wouldn’t be playing. Getting fed hearing how because he’s not scoring it’s not good enough for a Rangers centre forward tbh. What does that even mean? He’s not playing as a traditional centre forward for a start. 

Its almost beyond belief that today we were even able to score 2 goals without Morelos' unbelievable link up play that only certain fans can spot. 

Got to be the worst excuse for his pish form that I've seen. 

Can big Itten get a run in the team if he promises to drop deep and give it away more? 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Its almost beyond belief that today we were even able to score 2 goals without Morelos' unbelievable link up play that only certain fans can spot. 

Can big Itten get a run in the team if he promises to drop deep and give it away more? 

This all day long

On Thursday night Itten produced a typical Morelos performance in recent years.....this theory that Morelos and him only can hold the ball 3/4 times a game is now baffling.....we won despite Morelos today....I doubt we will always get away with it

Just now, hammer93 said:

This all day long

On Thursday night Itten produced a typical Morelos performance in recent years.....this theory that Morelos and him only can hold the ball 3/4 times a game is now baffling.....we won despite Morelos today....I doubt we will always get away with it

If he'd rightly got sent off today it wouldn't have made any difference to the result, that's how much he contributed today and not for the first time this year. 

'His new role is vital' give me fucking peace. Big Itten has done enough to earn a chance. In the brief 15-20 minutes he was on today he was able to drop deep, keep the ball, pass it and even run in behind defenders and amazingly enough it never hurt the team. Baffling, I know. 

11 minutes ago, King Jela said:

🤣🤣🤣

👏👏👏

It could of been a sending off but it wasn’t as bad as what it’s getting made out to be. 
It would of been close to this time last year that the media hounded him and the compliance officer acted due to it, this might result with the same outcome, Stewart has sounded off already. 
This season though he won’t be missed as much, we have plenty alternatives that’ll do a decent job. 

5 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

It could of been a sending off but it wasn’t as bad as what it’s getting made out to be. 
It would of been close to this time last year that the media hounded him and the compliance officer acted due to it, this might result with the same outcome, Stewart has sounded off already. 
This season though he won’t be missed as much, we have plenty alternatives that’ll do a decent job. 

Would he really be a big miss if he was to get suspended? 

8 minutes ago, King Jela said:

If he'd rightly got sent off today it wouldn't have made any difference to the result, that's how much he contributed today and not for the first time this year. 

'His new role is vital' give me fucking peace. Big Itten has done enough to earn a chance. In the brief 15-20 minutes he was on today he was able to drop deep, keep the ball, pass it and even run in behind defenders and amazingly enough it never hurt the team. Baffling, I know. 

We don't know that for sure result wise....if we had to play 80mins with 10 men then the 3pts were far from guaranteed 

20 minutes ago, King Jela said:

You ever considered a career in stand up? Hilarious IMO. 

Archived