Swagger

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Applauded for potentially costing us a crucial 3 points 

Have a lie down mate 

Ok.
Let me ask you what if it was Schot Broon that was elbowed in the face and we won 2-1 and Alfie was only yellowed?

would you be applauding then?

It’s not just as simple as dropping him, gerrard has to manage the situation to get most to the club on the park & financially off it. He’s not the type to take being dropped in his stride, could really spit the dummy out & his value could really plummet.

17 minutes ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

Ye have little faith, Sir. 

He will come good. SG said the same in the interview. 

Sure, he needs to get his winning mentality back and does come across as a bit of a bombscare at times. The elbow today was needless (probably wife issues, you know what us women are like haha), I still believe in him to turn himself around though. 

People have been waiting for him to come good for almost a year now.

He needs to take a long hard look at himself and he needs to do it soon.

I was raging with him today but would start him in the next game as I expect rotation anyway , and if he clicks great if not then Defoe or itten come back in after the cup game and Alfie gets side lined .League points at stake so form players please.

37 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

People have been waiting for him to come good for almost a year now.

He needs to take a long hard look at himself and he needs to do it soon.

If only for purely selfish reasons he needs sort himself out or he will no get the move he wants, another day could easily have seen him off .

59 minutes ago, Glory awaits said:

It’s not just as simple as dropping him, gerrard has to manage the situation to get most to the club on the park & financially off it. He’s not the type to take being dropped in his stride, could really spit the dummy out & his value could really plummet.

That ship has sailed, his value whatever it was is decreasing by the week, someone would need to be mad to sign him never mind for big money.

I think people just need to accept we’re not going to get close to the £20m+ plus fee he once realistically commanded.

His head’s away, his temperament is what it is and we’re now dealing with someone who will likely go for less than £10m.

We can’t keep pandering to his emotions, ego and temper tantrums by playing him. He’s off form, is still a liability for red cards and shouldn’t be played ahead of others who are now more deserving of a chance.

Forget how much we could get for him: playing the right players, who are best for the team, is much more important right now rather than hoping Alfie will come good.

I've been firmly on the side that he's been playing well and contributing to the side but today he was absolutely hopeless.

Wasn't linking up as well as usual which hurt us in the first half, was absolutely useless in front of goal and, what was most infuriating, nearly got sent off with a wreckless elbow. An utter liability when he's like that.

Archived