Zungu

The Beast

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Number5 said:

Seems to be a signing nobody wanted or was bothered about.

Not true, this is the only place that didn't seem to care for some reason. Strange, strange people. FF and our social media channels have been buzzing about him even when he was just rumoured to be signing. Welcome Zungu, smash this rotten league! 

Just now, ElBufalo20 said:

Looking forward to seeing him play. Think he’ll turn out to be good. No reason behind it just do!

All our recent signings have turned out great if you ask me so no reason Bongani will be any different, personally think he will slot straight into this side... the recruitment team have done well lately

28 minutes ago, Goldson said:

Not true, this is the only place that didn't seem to care for some reason. Strange, strange people. FF and our social media channels have been buzzing about him even when he was just rumoured to be signing. Welcome Zungu, smash this rotten league! 

Wouldn't count the social media channels tbh, most of the people buzzing about it on there are literally African

On 27/10/2020 at 09:00, Capetownbear said:

:mutley:

Zungu will be competing with Jack/Davis for start... Davis won't have the legs for a full season so great we got Zungu in.. 

I would say a fit and in form Zungu is an upgrade on Jack... Jack has been one of my favourite over the last couple of seasons but I think our squad is now outgrowing his abilities... I expect Jack to become a squad player no more over the coming years, recruitment has been so good in the summer.

Zungu called up for the AFCON qualifiers is not that good an idea I don't think right now (game time aside) the games are only in MID November and travelling about Africa in the current climate is not a great idea.. even if it is a small Island off the coast.. 
Although he should be finishing up quarantine soon so everyone will get a look at him soon enough... 

Davis has looked a yard sharper this season, Zungu is an unknown on how he will adapt to Scottish football, Jack has played well since coming back great competition now in that area keen to see Zungu to see what he's like.

19 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The nation of Africa have put an enormous pressure on him

9 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

They're fishing?

Geography and fishing aside... SA footy fans always expect WAAYYY too much from the national team players... 

Bafana Bafana are expected to win AFCON by locals but actually struggle to even qualify sometimes... 

I think he will do just fine up here though and slot pretty seamlessly into the side.. 

21 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Wouldn't count the social media channels tbh, most of the people buzzing about it on there are literally African

A nation of 1.2 billion people, good exposure. Although I'd probably object if Boko Haram start cutting about in our tops. 

55 minutes ago, Goldson said:

Every person who has actually seen him play has said he'll be very good for us. Haven't seen anybody who has seen him play and said otherwise

Just now, Broxi said:

Every person who has actually seen him play has said he'll be very good for us. Haven't seen anybody who has seen him play and said otherwise

As someone else noted above it's more about adapting to the Scottish game but he can play that is for sure... adapting to our tactics and the league though will be the determining factors of course... 

Archived