Zungu

The Beast

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, soulboy said:

Can see Kamara being on the bench today due to the amount of games he's played, Jack and Dais will start I think. 

If Zungu on the bench can see him replacing Davis at some point during the game.

Still in isolation mate 

2 minutes ago, soulboy said:

Ah ok thought his 14 days would have been up by now since transfer window closed early Oct

Don’t think he came to Glasgow until a few days later mate. His isolation is ending some time around about now but even still he hasn’t trained with the squad so will be a couple weeks before we see him I reckon 

On 24/10/2020 at 03:16, Bronzy said:

The De Boer war.

:mutley:

Zungu will be competing with Jack/Davis for start... Davis won't have the legs for a full season so great we got Zungu in.. 

I would say a fit and in form Zungu is an upgrade on Jack... Jack has been one of my favourite over the last couple of seasons but I think our squad is now outgrowing his abilities... I expect Jack to become a squad player no more over the coming years, recruitment has been so good in the summer.

Zungu called up for the AFCON qualifiers is not that good an idea I don't think right now (game time aside) the games are only in MID November and travelling about Africa in the current climate is not a great idea.. even if it is a small Island off the coast.. 
Although he should be finishing up quarantine soon so everyone will get a look at him soon enough... 

4 hours ago, Capetownbear said:

:mutley:

Zungu will be competing with Jack/Davis for start... Davis won't have the legs for a full season so great we got Zungu in.. 

I would say a fit and in form Zungu is an upgrade on Jack... Jack has been one of my favourite over the last couple of seasons but I think our squad is now outgrowing his abilities... I expect Jack to become a squad player no more over the coming years, recruitment has been so good in the summer.

Zungu called up for the AFCON qualifiers is not that good an idea I don't think right now (game time aside) the games are only in MID November and travelling about Africa in the current climate is not a great idea.. even if it is a small Island off the coast.. 
Although he should be finishing up quarantine soon so everyone will get a look at him soon enough... 

His quarantine is just finishing but we stop for an international break after next weekends game against Kilmarnock.  So he’ll be off to Africa after that and probably need to quarantine again in the way back.

7 minutes ago, TMB said:

His quarantine is just finishing but we stop for an international break after next weekends game against Kilmarnock.  So he’ll be off to Africa after that and probably need to quarantine again in the way back.

Balogun didn’t quarantine when he was away with Nigeria last month.

15 minutes ago, TMB said:

I don't think international players quarantine due to the testing regime etc... otherwise everyone would have had to quarantine after the last international break

11 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Thank fuck AFCON has been shifted to 2022.

We would be staring at having him, Aribo, Balogun, and if he keeps his form up maybe Bassey for most of January and half of February otherwise.

This is the problem with signing decent African players unfortunately... AFCON is every 2 years and they have to play qualifiers for it too in all sorts of shit holes.. the pitches are a joke, the general conditions etc are shocking... not every place of course some are actually great.

3 minutes ago, Capetownbear said:

I don't think international players quarantine due to the testing regime etc... otherwise everyone would have had to quarantine after the last international break

They need to put the breaks on international football TBH.  Getting 25 different players from clubs and countries all over the world and putting them together is just asking for trouble. 

9 minutes ago, Capetownbear said:

This is the problem with signing decent African players unfortunately... AFCON is every 2 years and they have to play qualifiers for it too in all sorts of shit holes.. the pitches are a joke, the general conditions etc are shocking... not every place of course some are actually great.

Yeah, I tend to watch the AFCON tournament itself if I get a chance. It’s normally quite exciting, but as you say the pitches can be horrific.

I think the worst one I’ve seen on TV was a qualifier between Tanzania and Egypt (I think) a few years back. The pitch was basically a bumpy dirt track. Looked like something they would have an X Games motorcross on.

4 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Thank fuck AFCON has been shifted to 2022.

We would be staring at having him, Aribo, Balogun, and if he keeps his form up maybe Bassey for most of January and half of February otherwise.

I thought they changed the dates to summer time so it didn't impact the euro teams? Or is it a one off in Jan 22?

24 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I try to watch as much football as I can but I lost complete interest in AFCON years ago, find the majority of games boring.

Racist IMO :lol:

I do think it’s hard to keep attention when it’s teams like Madagascar v Burundi and both teams are full of guys from second division Belgian and French sides you haven’t heard of.

Bit of a strange signing considering everything that is going on in the world. I know its a long season but for him to get up to speed and then replace someone in the midfield considering how little game time the boy has had will be some achievement. 

Hopefully he proves me wrong. 

Archived