*****The Official Kilmarnock v Rangers Match Thread*****

21 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

He’s saying he’s shite mate and if that’s his good then it’s a worry, moaning faced prick when we go 9pts clear on a shitey day on a shitey pitch 

Itten gave us an out ball from the back that no one else was giving us. I thought he was fine. Lacked composure on a coue of occasions but has proved before he can finish. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Moody Blue said:

Good squad rotation today and a well deserved three points, we were the only team trying to win the game. Horses for courses but we all know these shitey pitches do not contribute to good football.  Chuck in the terrible weather and this is a great 3pts where the mhanky mob have already dropped points. 

We’ve dropped many a point there in recent seasons and cunts on here have been spewing at Gerrard’s record against teams like this away from home.  We’ve come away with 3pts and folk still moaning, get a grip. 

We’ve racked up clean sheet after clean sheet and played the mhanks, Hivs, the sheep, Motherwell, Livingston, Hamilton and Kilmarnock all away from home (plastic pitches noted for reference here). That’s a pretty good 13 games to get under your belt. All at a time when, arguably, the front 3 could have done better so heaven help the league when they start firing. 

The weather didnt help. Just cos it wasnt pissing rain the conditions maybe didnt look that bad on tv. There is noting like a howling wind for destroying a game of football, couple that with the shitty pitch and that must of been hard to play good football today. For the most part we were pretty decent and never really looked in trouble.

45 minutes ago, badjon said:

Haha what a fuckwit unless of course he's like fifteen.😋

The guy had team in inverted commas. I think he was simply saying they work very hard for one another as a team, more so than other Rangers sides, not that they were a better footballing side than Advocaats, Smith’s etc.

ps. It wasn’t me before you accuse me :lol:

4 hours ago, berkshirebear said:

Thought Goldson was immense today, was constantly pushing us forwards and so composed on the ball. Hes been an absolute bargain for the money we paid for him!! 

He knows how to ping a long ball, capable of getting us up the park quickly 

FWIW.. I thought big Itten was good today, if we are going to use more high balls on a pitch like that Itten was good on the front line. He won plenty of high balls in the first half, way more than Alfie or Kent just because of his height. A good move by the gaffer to start him.

Off to Lisbon now and oddly Benfica do not play until Monday night, gives them one day less rest than us. Every little bit helps I suppose.

3 points at end of day is all that matters but it took a penalty to secure those points.

No matter how nailed on,  or whatever expression  you  want to use,  we cant rely on those being given in any league let alone the SPFL.

So today must carry a wee message to the gaffer and his team that there is still work to be done before we can say the team is comfortable dealing with the dreaded low block and grounds that would be better sponsored by carpetright or someone similar

22 minutes ago, Arrowtown Pie said:

Solid display, clean sheet, three points and no injuries - what's not to like?

Never going to get anything like fluent football on these surfaces - no place for them in top flight football imho.

Exactly,  weather was fucking pish also.

Archived