*****The Official Kilmarnock v Rangers Match Thread*****

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

You were watching a different game mate. Itten was the only forward who showed up today and he was played out of position. He should be more central. 

Obviously we know what Kent and the buff are capable of we don’t yet with itten , if that’s him having a good game  that’s a worry 

Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence for future ties of this nature, but as always, if we can't it sorted at the back then we only need that one moment of brilliance (or stupidity from the opposition) to grab the points. Horrible team, horrible pitch. Could well be a pivotal win for us this season though and now heaps a lot of pressure on them to keep pace with us.

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I dont have any nerves or fingertips left to moan with 

Hopefully coming through that swings the mentality back towards us in these games, you can tell that previous results against killie clearly played on gerrard and the players minds in the second half 

We need to be more random with our attack patterns, whole of the first half we just put it wide to throw it into the box

Going forward we were shocking, at the back they all did what they had to, we'll give up chances in games thats not in question, hopefully next time were here we're 4 up before asking shagger to pull off a save

We should have mixed our attack much better as we did on Thursday. We had a good few cross balls from midfield into the box and over the centre backs then. Did we even do that today?

Their shitehole of a pitch is a great leveller for them though. We won a very important away game and that fills me with confidence.

Teams that took points off us last season have been put to the sword. Long way to go mate, but I am starting to think we are favourites to win the league, IF we keep up the good work. 

55 is no longer a dream, it's there for the taking.

17 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Can’t believe Itten is getting slated here

Shoved out on the right wing and he was the best of the forward 3

Morelos looked decent for about 15 minutes then disappeared 

Itten for me was our best player today. Played out wide and the ball stuck to him like glue. Lad done very well

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

A bit on edge in the final ten minutes but there were people here starting with the nerves and doomsdays scenarios at bloody 50 minutes :lol:

Tbf we had all seen that same movie a hunner times in previous seasons, luckily today it had the alternate, never shown before ending 😂

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Obviously we know what Kent and the buff are capable of we don’t yet with itten , if that’s him having a good game  that’s a worry 

Kilmarnock, shite pitch, and Morelos and Kent don’t show up and you’re worrying about how Itten played. Get a grip man. 

1 minute ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Either boyd or mccann commented we took route 1 more today with long ball.  Think this may be common on these pitches now. Helps take the pitch out the equation.  We just to get used to plating like that sometimes..

Yeah I mentioned that during the game. Very unlike us.

20 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

That was a horrific last 20 minutes, much harder than it should have been.  Thought Itten was a bit naive taking on that shot from a hard angle with 1-2 minutes left.  He should have done what Arfield done and went straight to the corner.  Anyway, fuck it, a wins a win, huge win after a European game.

Roofe absolutely should have done the same in Belgium (or at least held it up). Instead he goes for it, scores an incredible goal, we get to relax and enjoy a great result, plus there's the tournament's goal of season sorted. I'm in favour of Itten taking that chance and potentially sparing us those final awful minutes.

2 minutes ago, Marco said:

Roofe absolutely should have done the same in Belgium (or at least held it up). Instead he goes for it, scores an incredible goal, we get to relax and enjoy a great result, plus there's the tournament's goal of season sorted. I'm in favour of Itten taking that chance and potentially sparing us those final awful minutes.

Roofes options were to either kick it towards their goal or their corner flag.  Even if he missed there was little difference.  Same can't be said for Itten handing them back possession.  It's not a big thing but I would just like us to be ruthless and have that nasty streak that we will just run the clock down in the corner at that point rather than hoofing it out for a goal kick and giving them hope.

Archived