*****The Official Kilmarnock v Rangers Match Thread*****

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Definitely not good enough, can blame the weather etc but for me there hasnt been enough clear cut chances, thats our big problem today

Correct mate. I felt we were dangerous enough going forward but just no real application when it matters. We are not testing goalkeepers enough and for me that rings true today, against Lech (albeit was a tough game) and Livingston too.

I’m not going to get too hung up on it this week as we all know about Killie, the pitch dimensions are adjusted, they sit in and are a hard team to break down. I’m glad to get away with the 3 points but we really need to start getting in amongst the goals again and really stretching the GD.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Happy days. Itten is shite though.

I wouldny say shite, he's not got off to a great start but I'm reserving judgement on him until the start of next season tbh, not easy coming in from a different country. Look how long it took Barasic to settle in, now he's the best full back in the country.

4 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

This is a game we would have drawn last season. Dhims didnt get a win here. We are opening up a gap now. They might have games in hand, but that is no guarantee.

It’s harder having to win games in hand just to stay in touch: previous they’ve had games in hand being a point behind or even ahead. They need to win they 2 games just to be up there with us

Just now, DBBTB said:

Fuck up man :lol:

He’s still adapting to the physicality of the league (by his own admission) and is playing in a front three for the first time his career.

His technique is very good. Give him time.

Should of scored but I agree still looks raw despite being a swiss international plenty to work with. 

I'll take that everyday of the week. 

I thought we played well first half, second half we created better opportunities but let Killie into the game. 

Thought Itten & Aribo put in two decent performances. Itten chest control when holding it up was fantastic. 

In summary, thank fuck we won! :rangers:

Got away with it today, don't know why we insist in dropping back like that, it just creates panic. 

Wins a win though, I would have taken 1-0 before the match, but not hanging on for dear life like that for the last 20 minutes. 

Hopefully no injuries though and pressure very much ramped up on the tarriers now. 

That was a horrific last 20 minutes, much harder than it should have been.  Thought Itten was a bit naive taking on that shot from a hard angle with 1-2 minutes left.  He should have done what Arfield done and went straight to the corner.  Anyway, fuck it, a wins a win, huge win after a European game.

Mixed feelings.

Absolutely delighted with the win and the points.

However, we would have drawn that if the Killie player hadn’t had a brain fart and handled the ball. We also seemed to shrink as the match went on. I’m not sure the management team have a real grip on this fixture yet.

Anyway, onto the next matches. Hopefully our strikers will start to play better soon.

4 minutes ago, Dado'sMulls said:

Don't want to see anyone complaining about that, we knew what kind of game it would be and we dug in for 3 points. Credit to Gerrard for bringing on Balogun to see out the game, he's learning that a 1-0 at grounds like these win you titles. Easy Rangers.

Balogun was winning every ball getting launched up the park. Good sub.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Fuck up man :lol:

He’s still adapting to the physicality of the league (by his own admission) and is playing in a front three for the first time his career.

His technique is very good and he needs time.

Plus you can't rate him playing on that woeful pitch. The ball does some bounces all over the place on that pitch.

He showed some good play at times in an unfamiliar position.

Thank fuck that is over with. I was more nervous than a game against the filth in the second half.

The team has improved massively since last season. SG has brought in players who most of us hadn't heard of in the transfer window and developed a strong squad with a quality bench. Most of all he has strengthened the winning ethic.

It may have only been 0-1 today but the players and management have stepped up under pressure against our bogey team.

Very happy man today. :pipe2:

Even Jimbeam won't be moaning today (no offence mate).

1 minute ago, the brown brogue said:

Got away with it today, don't know why we insist in dropping back like that, it just creates panic. 

Wins a win though, I would have taken 1-0 before the match, but not hanging on for dear life like that for the last 20 minutes. 

Hopefully no injuries though and pressure very much ramped up on the tarriers now. 

Thing is tho although Killie were pushing us a bit a would hardly call it backs to the wall defending still never looked like conceding.

Archived